Trump accuses Nikki Haley of destroying J6 evidence

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I think you're wrong here, that his lies are deliberate. Some are, but mostly I get the sense that he simply doesn't take actual truth/facts/objective reality into consideration.
You say deliberate, I say consistent. Both can occur at the same time.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because Trump was an awful president who follows an authoritarian play book and one of the rules is that is "never let up".
Never let up and double down no matter how absurd. What is wrong with us that we accept and applaud such unacceptable words and deeds?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You say deliberate, I say consistent.
I say that his lies are not necessarily deliberate, which would imply that some thought/deliberation took place, but constant because he only cares about what will suit him. It's not even about what would benefit him, but simply what he wants in the moment.

Both can occur at the same time.
Sure, they can both occur at the same time but they don't have to. What is consistent is that he lies; whether his lies are consistent within themselves, is a different matter.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
HCR reports:

Last night at a rally in New Hampshire, former president Trump repeatedly confused former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley, who is running against him for the Republican presidential nomination, with Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), the former speaker of the House.

“By the way, they never report the crowd on January 6th,” Trump told the audience. “You know, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, you know they, do you know they destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, deleted and destroyed all of it. All of it because of lots of things, like Nikki Haley is in charge of security. We offered her 10,000 people. Soldiers, National Guards, whatever they want. They turned it down.”

Observers have been saying for a while now that once Trump had to start appearing in public, his apparent cognitive decline would surprise those who haven’t been paying attention.

That certainly seemed to be true on Wednesday, January 17, when he told a New Hampshire audience: “We’re…going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your—you know, your political beliefs, what they do. They want to debank you, and we’re going to debank—think of this. They want to take away your rights. They want to take away your country. The things they’re doing. All electric cars.”

You can't argue with logic like that!
It’s just occurred to me that the above is what you get if you think in sound bites and try to string them along into a sentence. You nearly get something coherent.

But the thing is that some people who also think in sound bits clearly hear them (often dog whistles) and think “that guy thinks like I does”.

I thinks that’s why the garbled nonsense Trump comes out with is lapped up with spoons instead of being rejected as gibberish.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It’s just occurred to me that the above is what you get if you think in sound bites and try to string them along into a sentence. You nearly get something coherent.

But the thing is that some people who also think in sound bits clearly hear them (often dog whistles) and think “that guy thinks like I does”.

I thinks that’s why the garbled nonsense Trump comes out with is lapped up with spoons instead of being rejected as gibberish.
I think his train-of-thought ramblings are easier to follow when you're listening to them vs reading them. I've also read comments suggesting that there's something of a regional element to how he speaks - I don't know how true that is and I haven't heard it brought up more than once or twice, but it strikes me as not implausible because I'm also from NY and typically have zero trouble following even his most ridiculous tangents. To be clear, that only speaks to how in/decipherable his comments are, not how bad or moronic they are in substance.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"but never forgets to lie. That is where he is always consistent."

That is what I said, or at least what I meant to say.
Sort of. I'm just quibbling on how much thought or intention goes into his lies: I say "none". Then there's that deep, deep rabbit hole of "if he believes it, is it a lie?" You see, I don't think he does believe his own lies necessarily, but that the factual truth simply doesn't matter to him. It's a working theory of mine.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sort of. I'm just quibbling on how much thought or intention goes into his lies: I say "none". Then there's that deep, deep rabbit hole of "if he believes it, is it a lie?" You see, I don't think he does believe his own lies necessarily, but that the factual truth simply doesn't matter to him. It's a working theory of mine.
I've had a tough time gauging this. I used to be of the opinion that you've been articulating, but with how much has come out about how much he and his associates knew about the election results while still denying them... I'm not so sure. I don't think he hews towards the truth like the rest of us, so I think you're probably at least partly correct, but I suspect that it's more deliberate than you might be giving him credit for.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have never really heard Trump say anything challenging; not intellectually challenging, emotionally, or spiritually. He just doesn't seem capable of communicating effective complex ideas...literally at all. Biden at LEAST will read off of a script that could give the listener some useful information.
Is it the communication of complex ideas that is the problem, or perhaps he is unable to have complex ideas? Simple minds!

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I have never really heard Trump say anything challenging; not intellectually challenging, emotionally, or spiritually. He just doesn't seem capable of communicating effective complex ideas...literally at all. Biden at LEAST will read off of a script that could give the listener some useful information.
Trump always has bing, bing, bing, bong, whoosh to impress and stimulate the crowds minds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But remember, it's Joe Biden who is suffering from dementia.

Now I just want this to be clear, I am not a huge fan of Joe Biden, though he has improved during his admin imo. I really don't want him to be the nominee for multiple reasons. But the amount of hypocritic bugs me. The same people who grasp at any small flub or out of context clip to try and declare Biden mentally unfit ignore or justify similar or even more troubling behavior from Trump.

yeah, it's made me laugh the last 5-6 years that they point to biden as being imapired, I mean it's quiet possible he is, but the same things they point to on biden are in trump and often worse.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the greatest acomplishment trump ever achieved, was making us on the left long for the days when it wast George Bush making gaffs.
I didn’t like Bush Jr as a President, but even I had to admit that despite his numerous, deep, unrelenting flaws, at his core I thought he was a decent enough guy who cared for America. More like his father, less like Jeb. I didn’t agree with him a lot, but I never thought he was malicious and thought, while not the brightest bulb, certainly a guy that wanted to be and do his best on behalf of the office he held.

As time has gone on and he’s shed the sycophants he was too blind to see in his circle, I’m more impressed with how he carries himself, speaks, and articulates his viewpoints as well as his displeasure with people or ideas. I wish we had the Bush that seems to exist now, then. Somebody not hobbled by people like Cheney, who’d push his mother down the stairs if it meant an ounce more power would come his way. That was such an awful pairing, with a guy too shortsighted to see the long game and too trusting of the circle built for him, and a guy who exclusively played the long game, with a streak of malice, ambition, and deceptiveness and the gift of manipulation. Of Bush had a better VP, like Romney or McCain, maybe even Powell, he could have been so much better.

Or, at the very least, had better guides and less worry about the viper nest of deception his core circle turned out to be.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But remember, it's Joe Biden who is suffering from dementia.

Now I just want this to be clear, I am not a huge fan of Joe Biden, though he has improved during his admin imo. I really don't want him to be the nominee for multiple reasons. But the amount of hypocritic bugs me. The same people who grasp at any small flub or out of context clip to try and declare Biden mentally unfit ignore or justify similar or even more troubling behavior from Trump.
I think both Biden and Trump are experiencing some kind of mental deterioration. Probably not full-fledged dementia, but they seem to be clearly suffering from some kind of real mental decline.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Had Haley won New Hampshire and Ron in Iowa (though it's not clear if he meant the those races specfically or the nominee overall):

In addition to attacking her from the podium, Trump appeared to threaten her when he warned her about “very dishonest people” she would have to fight. He said she was not going to win, “but if she did, she would “be under investigation…in fifteen minutes and I could tell you five reasons why already. Not big reasons, a little stuff that she doesn’t want to talk about, but she will be under investigation within minutes, and so would Ron have been, but he decided to get out.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...of course Trump has been telling us what he would do to his political opponents....including apparently, any GOP contender who does not bow and kiss the ring:

“If I happen to be president and I see somebody who’s doing well and beating me very badly, I say go down and indict them. Mostly, that would be — you know, they would be out of business. They’d be out. They’d be out of the election.”
Trump interview with Univision, November 2023

“If I win and somebody wants to run against me, I call my attorney general. I say, listen, indict him. ‘Well, he hasn’t done anything wrong that we know of’ — I don’t know, indict him on income tax evasion, you’ll figure it out.”
Trump campaign speech in Rapid City, South Dakota, September 2023

• Wow
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...of course Trump has been telling us what he would do to his political opponents....including apparently, any GOP contender who does not bow and kiss the ring:

“If I happen to be president and I see somebody who’s doing well and beating me very badly, I say go down and indict them. Mostly, that would be — you know, they would be out of business. They’d be out. They’d be out of the election.”

“If I win and somebody wants to run against me, I call my attorney general. I say, listen, indict him. ‘Well, he hasn’t done anything wrong that we know of’ — I don’t know, indict him on income tax evasion, you’ll figure it out.”
See also: attempted impeachment and investigation of Joe Biden, the “lock her up” movement of Hillary Clinton, the birther movement for Obama.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Trump posted a threat to donors: “Nikki ‘Birdbrain’ Haley is very bad for the Republican Party and, indeed, our Country…. Anybody that makes a ‘Contribution’ to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them and will not accept them.”

IOW, if you are not for me, you are the Country's enemy.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

And let's not forget, all this from someone who thinks the President needs absolute immunity for everything he does.

And has publicly admitted he would be a dictator "for one day."

-- A2SG, cuz we all know dictators famously give up their absolute powers when they're done...

Upvote 0