✟195,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
HCR reports:

Last night at a rally in New Hampshire, former president Trump repeatedly confused former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley, who is running against him for the Republican presidential nomination, with Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), the former speaker of the House.

“By the way, they never report the crowd on January 6th,” Trump told the audience. “You know, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, you know they, do you know they destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, deleted and destroyed all of it. All of it because of lots of things, like Nikki Haley is in charge of security. We offered her 10,000 people. Soldiers, National Guards, whatever they want. They turned it down.”

Observers have been saying for a while now that once Trump had to start appearing in public, his apparent cognitive decline would surprise those who haven’t been paying attention.

That certainly seemed to be true on Wednesday, January 17, when he told a New Hampshire audience: “We’re…going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your—you know, your political beliefs, what they do. They want to debank you, and we’re going to debank—think of this. They want to take away your rights. They want to take away your country. The things they’re doing. All electric cars.”

You can't argue with logic like that!

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"We offered her 10,000 people. Soldiers, National Guards, whatever they want. They turned it down.”

....claims the Commander n Chief who sat in the White House doing nothing while administration officials begged him to do something.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
HCR reports:

Last night at a rally in New Hampshire, former president Trump repeatedly confused former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley, who is running against him for the Republican presidential nomination, with Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), the former speaker of the House.

“By the way, they never report the crowd on January 6th,” Trump told the audience. “You know, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, you know they, do you know they destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, deleted and destroyed all of it. All of it because of lots of things, like Nikki Haley is in charge of security. We offered her 10,000 people. Soldiers, National Guards, whatever they want. They turned it down.”

Observers have been saying for a while now that once Trump had to start appearing in public, his apparent cognitive decline would surprise those who haven’t been paying attention.

That certainly seemed to be true on Wednesday, January 17, when he told a New Hampshire audience: “We’re…going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your—you know, your political beliefs, what they do. They want to debank you, and we’re going to debank—think of this. They want to take away your rights. They want to take away your country. The things they’re doing. All electric cars.”

You are approaching blasphemy with talk like this.

If Trump says it, then so it is.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, there is a reason why "may you live in interesting times" is a curse.
I have to add from the rights point of view if Biden gets re-elected. I have to retract my original statement. These forums will never be boring.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is also calling her "Nimbra" for reasons of his own. I think she is right that he is clearly losing it. Will he still stand trial? Or will he be judged as incapable of aiding his own defense? I think he will go into assisted living before he ever sees the inside of a prison.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Lol, these forums are going to be boring if Trump doesn't get elected.
You weren't around when Trump WAS elected the first time. It was awful.

Because Trump was an awful president who follows an authoritarian play book and one of the rules is that is "never let up". His supporters said those who disagreed with him kept blowing things out of proportion but frankly, his supporters can't always be trusted to honestly engage in conversations about him. Usually it was just the left standing aghast as he floated the idea of buying Greenland, as he looked at an eclipse with no safety protection,as he addressed the Boy Scout jamboree with stories of rich people drinking and having sex, or Sharpiegate with the map, or the way he is unable to produce unscripted, real empathy for anyone (why would you need a note with Questions to ask people who just experienced a school shooting "How can I help you? or simply "I hear you"? What kind of skills in empathy are you missing?). It was a steady stream of poor policy, stupidity, inappropriate behaviour (at all points, deflected by his Christian supporters of course) that riled up the left. So you can certainly say "boy they complained a lot" but you can't let that sit alone because we complained about a terrible person.

Look, I get how hilarious he can be. I get that some sad people LOVE watching other people get upset by him. That's what would make him great at parties, right? He's hiliarious! He's all entertainment. I mean, I would keep my teenage daughter FAR away from him but he's a good time party guy, and that's fine. But as a president, he is of low quality.

When you make comments like that you are implying that "oh all the posters on here will be bored because there's nothing to talk about". But that point is lost for two reasons:
1) We were responding with surprise and shock that an elected leader could, so consistently be, a dumb, profoundly unkind person who is frequently dishonest and that it was just excuse after excuse for the man.

2) We LOVED when Trump wasn't part of the political conversation. I don't know if you noticed but one of the features of his tenure was chaos. Strangely, within the Republican Party, it continues to be that way.
The United States, the internet and the world would be better off if Trump did not get elected but ultimately, Trump will continue to be a problem for America until he's dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

theHill said:
During the Saturday rally, Trump continued the defense of his mental acuity, stating that he will let people know when he “goes bad.”

“I’ll let you know when I go bad,” Trump said. “I really [don’t] think I will be able to tell you because someday we go bad.”

In November, Forbes noted that Trump mixed up Biden and Obama at least seven times in recent months.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

I have never really heard Trump say anything challenging; not intellectually challenging, emotionally, or spiritually. He just doesn't seem capable of communicating effective complex ideas...literally at all. Biden at LEAST will read off of a script that could give the listener some useful information.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was a steady stream of poor policy
Back then I agreed with some of his policies and naturally the left didn't like a lot of them. Politics.
When you make comments like that you are implying that "oh all the posters on here will be bored because there's nothing to talk about".
Well, when I first woke up and saw this I laughed and thought to myself then I commented my thoughts. Then I corrected myself below:
I have to add from the rights point of view if Biden gets re-elected. I have to retract my original statement. These forums will never be boring.
I don't know if you noticed but one of the features of his tenure was chaos. Strangely, within the Republican Party, it continues to be that way.
This is one thing I liked about him, left or right he did what he thought was right not what was politically expedient. He was willing to go outside party lines. Today listening to him he is a divisive person and I don't believe he would make a good president. Just like I think Biden wouldn't make a good president because of the effects of his aging.

I'll tell you the truth when VP Biden said something on his mind I respected it even though the media would call it a gaffe and the same for Trump. But I don't like what he's saying now. He's mad and arrogant and seems vindictive because he lost the election.
Trump will continue to be a problem for America until he's dead.
I don't think so. But I do read all the posts and I get my information about the candidates here on this forum I understand the political battles and I catch myself wanting to defend my ex-party on occasions lol.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have never really heard Trump say anything challenging; not intellectually challenging, emotionally, or spiritually. He just doesn't seem capable of communicating effective complex ideas...literally at all. Biden at LEAST will read off of a script that could give the listener some useful information.
If you look up his old interviews from the 1980s, you’ll notice that he spoke in complete sentences with complex phrases with no redundancies. While he wasn’t William Buckley, he was well spoken.

Emotional or spiritual? No, not then, not ever.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
HCR reports:

Those are comments I'd expect from someone in care. It's incoherrent rambling. It's not humanly possible that anyone could consider this man competent enough to even organise a chook raffle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If you look up his old interviews from the 1980s, you’ll notice that he spoke in complete sentences with complex phrases with no redundancies. While he wasn’t William Buckley, he was well spoken.

Emotional or spiritual? No, not then, not ever.

John Barron, Trump's publicist, also spoke very highly of him.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
HCR reports:

Debanked due to political beliefs. The Haley comment makes sense, (confusing one person for another like old people do) but the debanking comment is off the wall.

By the way, the offer of National guards or soldiers is just another one of his lies.

He forgets time, place, and people but never forgets to lie. That is where he is always consistent.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He forgets time, place, and people but never forgets to lie. That is where he is always consistent.
I think you're wrong here, that his lies are deliberate. Some are, but mostly I get the sense that he simply doesn't take actual truth/facts/objective reality into consideration.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
But remember, it's Joe Biden who is suffering from dementia.

Now I just want this to be clear, I am not a huge fan of Joe Biden, though he has improved during his admin imo. I really don't want him to be the nominee for multiple reasons. But the amount of hypocritic bugs me. The same people who grasp at any small flub or out of context clip to try and declare Biden mentally unfit ignore or justify similar or even more troubling behavior from Trump.

Upvote 0