Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
See also: attempted impeachment and investigation of Joe Biden, the “lock her up” movement of Hillary Clinton, the birther movement for Obama.
Referring to as "groomers" anybody who dare teach kids about LGBTQ issues.

"Baby killers" for anybody who's pro-choice.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Sort of. I'm just quibbling on how much thought or intention goes into his lies: I say "none". Then there's that deep, deep rabbit hole of "if he believes it, is it a lie?" You see, I don't think he does believe his own lies necessarily, but that the factual truth simply doesn't matter to him. It's a working theory of mine.
For President Trump “truth” is an internal process.
For most people the truth is “external”, something that they’d need to look outside of themselves to perceive.
For Mister Trump, truth is whatever he happens to be saying at the time; he needn’t go “outside” of himself to see “truth”, so he doesn’t.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For President Trump “truth” is an internal process.
For most people the truth is “external”, something that they’d need to look outside of themselves to perceive.
For Mister Trump, truth is whatever he happens to be saying at the time; he needn’t go “outside” of himself to see “truth”, so he doesn’t.
I'm not sure the concept of truth is relevant here. He just says whatever comes into his head and whether it is true or not doesn't come into it. He's not lying as such because to do that you have to be consciously aware that what you are saying doesn't align with the facts. He's not aware of that when he says it.

When he goes off script, it's not then a stream of consciousness speech. It's a stream of unconsciousness. It's said, done, dusted and gone.

Unfortunately some people accept it as being true and look foolish. And others make excuses for him having said it. And look equally foolish. But cynical into the bargain.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump posted a threat to donors: “Nikki ‘Birdbrain’ Haley is very bad for the Republican Party and, indeed, our Country…. Anybody that makes a ‘Contribution’ to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them and will not accept them.”

Nikki Haley's donors are defying Donald Trump's threat as her fundraising is still booming

The former South Carolina governor held fundraisers in New York, California and Texas in the four weeks after the threat, and January proved to be her biggest monthly fundraising haul with $16.5 million, according to her campaign.

Trump's campaign reported having $30 million cash on hand after bringing in$8.8 million in January and spending $11.4 million.

--

Link2
On Tuesday, Trump’s “Save America” leadership political action committee reported raising just $8,508 from donors in the entire month of January, while spending about $3.9 million, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission.

Nearly $3 million of that overall spending total was used for one purpose: to pay lawyers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
“By the way, they never report the crowd on January 6th,” Trump told the audience. “You know, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, you know they, do you know they destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, deleted and destroyed all of it. All of it because of lots of things, like Nikki Haley is in charge of security. We offered her 10,000 people. Soldiers, National Guards, whatever they want. They turned it down.”

Observers have been saying for a while now that once Trump had to start appearing in public, his apparent cognitive decline would surprise those who haven’t been paying attention.

That certainly seemed to be true on Wednesday, January 17, when he told a New Hampshire audience: “We’re…going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your—you know, your political beliefs, what they do. They want to debank you, and we’re going to debank—think of this. They want to take away your rights. They want to take away your country. The things they’re doing. All electric cars.”

It's just getting worse and worse for him.

If you look up his old interviews from the 1980s, you’ll notice that he spoke in complete sentences with complex phrases with no redundancies. While he wasn’t William Buckley, he was well spoken.
On the other hand, Biden back then stuttered and told stories and joked, and acted pretty much the way he does now. "Middle Class Joe" Trump mocked him. But for many of us, that's praise, not an insult.

BTW, Trump obviously confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Peolosi, (Trump is scared fitless of competent women) but Pelosi wasn't in charge of security, ether.

It's not just strong women who confuse Trump; he also confused his wife with Jean Carroll. A decade ago, his mind would have been able to tell the difference.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nearly $3 million of that overall spending total was used for one purpose: to pay lawyers.
Lost for words...
At least he's paying some of his bills ...

Trump is reportedly stiffing Rudy Giuliani for his legal work to overturn the election

Trump's pal, Howard Stern, predicted that being president was going to be very bad for him.

Howard Stern said on his program Wednesday that Trump will hate being president and the role will be detrimental to his mental health.

Stern had it precisely right. Trump is a hollowed-out shell of the guy he was in 2016.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Trump is reportedly stiffing Rudy Giuliani for his legal work to overturn the election

Well, I'm kinda giving him a free pass on that one. Giuliani was so monstrously incompetent that I would have refused go to pay him as well.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I'm kinda giving him a free pass on that one. Giuliani was so monstrously incompetent that I would have refused go to pay him as well.
Well, yes. It's just disheartening how a very sharp prosecutor, and "America's Mayor" fell so quickly to being a figure of ridicule. Something terrible happened to his mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, yes. It's just disheartening how a very sharp prosecutor, and "America's Mayor" fell so quickly to being a figure of ridicule. Something terrible happened to his mind.
I'd heard of him shortly after 9/11. Just in passing now and then. Seemed to be getting things done in NY. Didn't pay much attention. Then Trump happened and it was...hang on, don't I know this this guy? Wasn't he the guy who was mayor? And it was all downhill from there.

Was he really any good back then? Or was he just the right guy in the right place at the right time?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd heard of him shortly after 9/11. Just in passing now and then. Seemed to be getting things done in NY. Didn't pay much attention. Then Trump happened and it was...hang on, don't I know this this guy? Wasn't he the guy who was mayor? And it was all downhill from there.

Was he really any good back then? Or was he just the right guy in the right place at the right time?
Prior to being mayor, he was a very successful US Attorney who took down the NY mob. His tenure as mayor garners some mixed opinions, but as far as I’m aware, he was the real deal, even in spite of his reputation for self-aggrandizement.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Prior to being mayor, he was a very successful US Attorney who took down the NY mob. His tenure as mayor garners some mixed opinions, but as far as I’m aware, he was the real deal, even in spite of his reputation for self-aggrandizement.
How in heaven's name did he manage to go from that to being a figure of fun? Booze?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How in heaven's name did he manage to go from that to being a figure of fun? Booze?
It kinda looks like severe alcoholism. Or it could just be a more severe case of what Trump's going through now.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
idk man. I’ve witnessed a number of folks start to believe their own propaganda after a while, where they start off pushing something as a joke or a marketing ploy, only to become True Believers, essentially brainwashed by themselves. I’ve long thought Limbaugh followed this path, but I’ve also witnessed it first hand on a much smaller scale.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I’ve long thought Limbaugh followed this path, but I’ve also witnessed it first hand on a much smaller scale.
Started believing his own shtick, um? Apparently, he was a pretty rational person, who found a lucrative niche pandering to the racists. I think his medical issues, including addiction to narcotics, contributed to his decline.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Started believing his own shtick, um? Apparently, he was a pretty rational person, who found a lucrative niche pandering to the racists. I think his medical issues, including addiction to narcotics, contributed to his decline.
I imagine that was a factor, too. But spending decades surrounded by yes-men has to have an effect on a person.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was a decent mayor overall, mainly for not being overtly corrupt, for not being in it for the money - power and fame were his passions (as well as women and cigars). He did endorse corrupt police and corrections officials and he oversaw "Stop and Frisk" where cops had the "right" to stop and frisk anyone in certain neighborhoods without probable cause. This led to more stops than there were young black men in the city which means a lot of people were repeatedly harassed for being young and black, while almost no white men were treated that way.

Part of Stop and Frisk was that people stopped had to empty their pockets. Small amounts of marijuana were allowed to be possessed but not in public. Having their pockets emptied, put it "in public" which subjected the men to fines and punishments that could include losing any Pell grants for college and possibly their entire family getting kicked out of public housing. This amounted to a "black tax" that was not equally levied on other people.

That's how I remember it anyway. I was in NYC from 1970-1995.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He was a decent mayor overall, mainly for not being overtly corrupt, for not being in it for the money - power and fame were his passions (as well as women and cigars). He did endorse corrupt police and corrections officials and he oversaw "Stop and Frisk" where cops had the "right" to stop and frisk anyone in certain neighborhoods without probable cause. This led to more stops than there were young black men in the city which means a lot of people were repeatedly harassed for being young and black, while almost no white men were treated that way.

Part of Stop and Frisk was that people stopped had to empty their pockets. Small amounts of marijuana were allowed to be possessed but not in public. Having their pockets emptied, put it "in public" which subjected the men to fines and punishments that could include losing any Pell grants for college and possibly their entire family getting kicked out of public housing. This amounted to a "black tax" that was not equally levied on other people.

That's how I remember it anyway. I was in NYC from 1970-1995.
I lived upstate, but that was my impression of him, too: hardly perfect, but competent. Not the guy in front of Four Seasons Landscaping with hair dye streaming down his face.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump posted a threat to donors: “Nikki ‘Birdbrain’ Haley is very bad for the Republican Party and, indeed, our Country…. Anybody that makes a ‘Contribution’ to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them and will not accept them.”
Well, Donald, if you're going to go scorched earth, and you won't accept Haley donors, what's a Haley donor to do?

Nikki Haley Donors Switch to Joe Biden Over Donald Trump

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0