simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Blessed are the poor"
"Woe to the rich"

If anyone of your fellow countrymen falls on hard times and need help, do not hesitate to help them with what Yahuweh your Elohim has provided you. ( Deuteronomy I think )

OR

as some say in the untied states: "pay forward" ? Help your fellow man.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Having been both to Baltimore and to very rural trailer parks, I don't think any state in the country has much room to talk. Poverty sucks no matter where it is located and many of the same problems exist.

The difference is that, in Baltimore, there are a number of world-class institutions and loads of opportunity within walking distance. In a rural trailer park, there's what? A Dollar Store?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The difference is that, in Baltimore, there are a number of world-class institutions and loads of opportunity within walking distance. In a rural trailer park, there's what? A Dollar Store?

Depends on the part of the city you are in. A lot of my family is from the Dundalk area, which is right outside the city, and there's not a lot within walking distance when it comes to meaningful, blue-collar jobs. For them, they are in the same boat.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Who robs you ? It is not the poor , down and out, destitute man,
but
the "world-class" suits, high dollar taking "opportunity" to sue for your house and all....

I have 'down-to-earth' humble friends at the dollar store(s), willing to lend a hand to anyone they see in need....
Not one from any 'world-class institution', which it seems obvious is usually responsible for making more citizens down and out and poor ....

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No matter how it falls you’re going to offend someone.

Trump doesn’t bother me. He’s the President, not the Messiah. I didn’t vote for a Christian leader. I voted with my money and purpose in mind.

I didn't vote for a "Christian" leader either. I do, however, expect leaders, at any level of government, to comport themselves as adults and work cooperatively to solve problems.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Baltimore has not been the same since the Colts left.

It's still a very cool old city. Been there many times. Home of our national anthem. Where Edgar Allan Poe lived, got drunk, and died. And the best crab cakes in the universe.

This may be a TOS violation. But honestly, I can't think of anyplace filthier and more verminous than Donald Trump's brain.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's still a very cool old city. Been there many times. Home of our national anthem. Where Edgar Allan Poe lived, got drunk, and died. And the best crab cakes in the universe.

This may be a TOS violation. But honestly, I can't think of anyplace filthier and more verminous than Donald Trump's brain.

you're not alone:

Better to have a few rats than to be one

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kind of noticed that these Cities have been governed by democrats for decades.
Seems that may have added to their problems?
Don't you think that Trump knows that and that he may have selected these cities rather than some others because of that?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I quoted one source for just the first issue, each of the others is easily proven through the years.

Congressional representatives are supposed to represent the citizens of their districts and move on their behalf to make life better for them -

If your city is covered in feces to the point of needing maps, or over run by rats - where is the help you need from the politicians you put in office? And why are you still voting for them?
Well if I lived in one of these cities the first place I'd be appealing to would be the mayor and my state representatives, not my federal representatives.
This isn't about the federal highway system, federal buildings, federal properties, or federal benefit programs.
It seems to me that the people and businesses who live/operate in the state need to pay for state projects.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟321,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think your sentiment confuses hate with vocalizing imperfections.
If all you do is point out flaws without offering solutions, you are spreading hate. I'm pretty sure that all of the cities that Trump has criticized are aware of their own troubles and are working to rectify them. Calling them out is nothing more than a vehicle for the President to attack his political opponents.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If all you do is point out flaws without offering solutions, you are spreading hate. I'm pretty sure that all of the cities that Trump has criticized are aware of their own troubles and are working to rectify them. Calling them out is nothing more than a vehicle for the President to attack his political opponents.

Here's my solution: Remove gun free zones, instate constitutional carry, repeal unconstitutional gun laws, and throw the book at violent criminals. There also must be some sort of social reform that can support (again) nuclear family structures. Statistically, children raised in a loving two-parent home are far less likely to become involved in criminality.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟321,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's my solution: Remove gun free zones, instate constitutional carry, repeal unconstitutional gun laws, and throw the book at violent criminals. There also must be some sort of social reform that can support (again) nuclear family structures. Statistically, children raised in a loving two-parent home are far less likely to become involved in criminality.
It's great that you're willing to offer solutions. However, Trump has not - which is why his statements are seen as spreading hate.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kind of noticed that these Cities have been governed by democrats for decades.
How is it possible that some Americans cities are still “rat and rodent infested mess” .
How about Boston? I think Boston is democratic.

So, possibly it is individuals who cause problems. Their label does not decide what their character is and their abilities.

But it would be interesting to list every city with statistics and which party has had control of that city.

How about New York City? This is the biggest city of the United States, isn't it? Who has been responsible for New York City?

Maybe start with the success story cities and see which party has been taking care of things there.

I would think Washington D.C. would be the center of democracy; but how has Washington D.C. been doing?? Which party has mainly had control, there? That city is right on the doorstep of the White House; so how has Washington D.C. done as the White House's doorstep????

Possibly, each city does have some autonomy, in any case.

One idea I have had is to distribute tax funds to parties, according to the votes each party gets. Then, when they do a vote in Congress, they put their money where their vote is. And a certain percentage of money must be used for certain things; and if it is not, it automatically goes to the other party's use.

For example, with a fifty-fifty presidential vote, Donald controls half the money under control of the President, while Hillary controls half. For health care, for one example, so much total money is allocated to that. They must use that money for health care. I know some people might easily debunk this; but let me start a thread so you can :)

there's no telling what kind of place America would be if we never did slavery and instead co-existed with the Native Americans, among anything else.
I read that early Americans would finish winter, first take time to get food, then their men would go out to fight and kidnap from other tribes. There was a time for everything. If they kidnapped someone, that person became adopted and treated as family. Men proved themselves by doing this.

In case there is any accuracy to this > how would you like to have annual spring food gathering and preparation and farming, then men would raid other towns and cities to prove themselves in fighting and kidnapping any women and children they felt they needed back at home? You would, of course, adopt your slaves as family members. And doing this would prove your manhood. And everybody would be doing it; so it would be fine.

Actually, professional sports teams adopt each other's players, and then they become family in their new cities.

So, in case natives used to do that, I think that has already been somewhat debunked.

Reactions: Elixir
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I like it here, but let's not get carried away. Pretty much anybody can make a decent crab cake at this point.

One of the things I really like about it is that even in the places that have gentrified, it still feels pretty authentic and organic. (the Inner Harbor being an exception) Compare that to DC, which simultaneously feels way more affluent but also a lot more clinical and soulless (for anything that's less than 100 years old).

I think your sentiment confuses hate with vocalizing imperfections.

I'm getting a little tired of people conflating Trump's digs with legitimate criticism or concern. Do you guys think we're stupid and that we can't tell the difference?

Statistically, gun proliferation doesn't bring down crime or violence. That's a right-wing fantasy not supported by evidence.

Statistically, families stay together when they're better educated and more affluent. Children achieve more in life when they're not surrounded by poverty and dysfunction from an early age.

But try to get some folks of some political persuasions to invest in education or programs that fight poverty....

How about Boston?

How about New York City?

I would think Washington D.C. would be the center of democracy; but how has Washington D.C. been doing??

All three of those cities are doing great.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0