Elijah Cummings attacks Trump. Uses race as basis.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I might be missing something. But I don't see how this statement is racist.

His previous tweet about the congresswomen going back to their countries was discriminatory on the basis of national origin. But this is talking about conditions in the district. What is racist about the statement?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I might be missing seomthing. But I don't see how this statement is racist.

His previous tweet about the congresswomen going back to their countries was discriminatory on the basis of national origin. But this is talking about conditions in the district. What is racist about the statement?

White people aren't allowed to point out faults with a black person, or even a location where black people live. I guess that would include cities, and no doubt countries.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why does your headline say that Cummings attacked Trump? Seems to me it was the other way around.

Cummings is the one originally accusing Trump of being a racist simply because Trump said something against him and the job he's doing.
As of today, the Press is upping the ante, criticizing Trump's use of the word "infested", such as when he said "Crime infested country" (referring to Somalia), and "Rodent infested" (referring to Baltimore. The anchor on ABC news tonight claims that Trump was being racist by referring to the congresswomen and Elijah Cummings himself as being infested, and therefore less than human.

At least it gave me a good laugh! The Press is getting so desperate in their accusations against Trump that it's becoming more transparent every day! Imagine how desperate their attacks against Trump will be an entire year from now.

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trying to use evidence on Trump supporters is futile. These are the same people that insisted that Trump didn’t mock a disabled journalist, when everyone other than the self deluded saw the evidence that he did.

They’ll explain away any action by Trump. He could be caught in a hotel room with a mountain of cocaine and a troop of Girl Scouts, and they’d find a way to justify it...

The evidence you refer to has been easily refuted. As for the so-called "evidence" of his Twitter postings, they have to be taken out of context and even have words added or subtracted when people use them to accuse him of racism. As I mentioned earlier, they're even trying to make the word "infested" look like a racist word. Pelosi decries Trump ‘racist attacks’ on lawmaker

I'm not sure how they could make themselves look any more desperate, but I'm hoping they keep trying!

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And it also seems he is operating within the law.....unless you believe there is something illegal with collecting debts that are owed?........

Did I say otherwise? You seemed to have missed the irony.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Cummings is the one originally accusing Trump of being a racist simply because Trump said something against him and the job he's doing.

Source? I thought Trump was reacting to Cummings issuing some subpoenas.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by a margin of approximately 2.8 million votes. Trump wouldn't be the President right now if the Electoral College hadn't saved him from losing the election.
No, Trump would not have been president if HRC had been smart enough to understand how the Electoral College works. Trump was smarter than her; he understood it and played to its strengths.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ryan Saavedra on Twitter

Ryan Saavedra on Twitter

upload_2019-7-28_22-19-22.png

upload_2019-7-28_22-24-16.png

upload_2019-7-28_22-27-23.png

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They've got more than a year to come up with a word for that. One word is more catchy than a phrase. How about "Super-racist"? I guess that's one word if it's hyphenated.

Archracist

arch-
/ärCH/

combining form
prefix: arch-
  1. chief; principal.
    "archbishop"
    synonyms: chief, principal, foremost, leading, main, preeminent, cardinal, major, prime, premier, elite, star, outstanding, ultra-, super-; More
    top, highest, greatest, best, first, head;
    out-and-out, complete, utter, total;
    informalnumber-one, numero uno
    "archbishop"
    antonyms: minor, pseudo-
    • (in an unfavorable sense) preeminent of its kind; out-and-out.
      "archenemy"
Origin
a49695f23b3784f897564d1e56edd6396464080e48f69b03bf62aba2f159b0e.png

via Latin from Greek arkhi-, from arkhos ‘chief’.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am getting quite tired of people playing the race card in issues where race is not a factor. President Trump's criticism of Baltimore had nothing to do with the racial makeup of the city.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am getting quite tired of people playing the race card in issues where race is not a factor. President Trump's criticism of Baltimore had nothing to do with the racial makeup of the city.

You sure about that? When was the last time he complained about infestations in appalachia or the rust belt?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope, you sure didn't.....you just didn't happen to include that little fact.....

Yes, a little fact. Let's ignore the multiple code violations.....violations that would not be in play if a landlord was acting ethically.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You sure about that? When was the last time he complained about infestations in appalachia or the rust belt?

He has a long history of disparaging and demeaning non-white people. We already know what he thinks of Haiti, El Salvador, and all of Africa. I can't quote him because of the profanity he used.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Race was an element but I personally think that isn't Trump's primary motivator.

Attacking urban areas has been an element of the far right for some time now. Trump is playing to the economic insecurity of rural areas that have been impacted over the last few decades. It's easy to exploit for political gain.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Race was an element but I personally think that isn't Trump's primary motivator.

I'm inclined to agree.

I live in Baltimore now, but I grew up in Trump country (the district where I grew up voted about 57% Trump, 43% Clinton; the nearby district where my folks now live was about 77% Trump). The density of squalor per square mile is certainly higher in the city, but I don't know that the severity of individual examples is any worse here. Back home, there are tons of dilapidated and vacant houses, with yards full of trash and broken down vehicles - and that region isn't remotely as poor as some of the places in the deep south or Appalachia. But when is Trump going to slam those regions?

And the more I zoom in on the MD congressional map, the more I see how factually inaccurate Trump's statement actually is. Yeah, within the city (which is a small fraction of his district), he's got most of the rough neighborhoods, but he's also got a bunch of solidly middle-class neighborhoods as well as the Inner Harbor, which is a big tourist trap.

Maryland Senators, Representatives, and Congressional District Maps - GovTrack.us

But hey, when does Trump care about accuracy?

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, a little fact. Let's ignore the multiple code violations.....violations that would not be in play if a landlord was acting ethically.

Just as you are ignoring (putting it mildly) his efforts to legally collect debts that are owed. BTW, did the article happen to quote evidence of these code violations from whatever office oversees these types of complaints?....That information is available to the public. It seems that the writer of the article would have used that avenue to bolster his position.

Upvote 0