Remember the Sabbath... Arthur W Pinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

from scratch

Yes the 10 commandments were written in stone for the Jews. Now it's written on our hearts. We still follow them. I see nothing here dismissing gods commandments.
Not quite so fast there. I need you to specifically address the following expecially the highlighted -

31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
You skiped over this like it wasn't even there. I a tad deeper than your previous post. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what's your gripe? Almost every Christian observes Sunday but the SDA
e6_600x480.gif

Yeah but do you do works? Do you buy and sell? Watch tv Ect?

We are to do not work and wait for gods great blessings as given in the OT for this observance. Read through what I posted in the beginning.

Here are 3 examples below how the "gentiles" us did NO WORK ON THE SABBATH DAY.

1)The women who cared for our Lord’s body mixed the spices and ointments on the day preceding, considering it a servile work not suitable for the Sabbath (Luke 23:54, 56).

Now look how the holy spirit above told us it was mixed the day before? So we didnt work the new covenant sabbath sunday. Its this for our own good if we are searching the scriptures?

2)But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath Day” (Matt. 24:20). This was plainly a prophetic warning against that species of Sabbath desecration which has happened now.

3)I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let everyone of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come” (1 Cor. 16:1, 2). “I have given order,” is certainly the language of authority.

Above is Paul under the Holy spirit and athority of Jesus saying do not work on the sabbath. Have everything prepared before hand.

And these are the Gentiles here not working.

Bottom line is they didnt work, show me where they did any works other then Jesus doing the works he was allowed to do on the Sabbath?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not quite so fast there. I need you to specifically address the following expecially the highlighted -

31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
You skiped over this like it wasn't even there. I a tad deeper than your previous post. Thanks.

Old covenant stone, new covenant heart.

Pretty easy and I dont to see any relation to the sabbath in your posting.

Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are forbidden to argue over scripture. I wont do it. I will respond a few more posts and thats it.

I posted 3 areas where the holy spirit wrote how they didnt work. I will go over them once more.

We are to do not work and wait for gods great blessings as given in the OT for this observance. Read through what I posted in the beginning.

1)The women who cared for our Lord’s body mixed the spices and ointments on the day preceding, considering it a servile work not suitable for the Sabbath (Luke 23:54, 56).

Now look how the holy spirit above told us it was mixed the day before? So we didnt work the new covenant sabbath sunday. Its this for our own good if we are searching the scriptures?

2)But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath Day” (Matt. 24:20). This was plainly a prophetic warning against that species of Sabbath desecration which has happened now.

3)I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let everyone of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come” (1 Cor. 16:1, 2). “I have given order,” is certainly the language of authority.

Above is Paul under the Holy spirit and athority of Jesus saying do not work on the sabbath. Have everything prepared before hand.

And these are the Gentiles here witholding working on the sabbath new covenant sunday.

Bottom line is they didnt work, show me where they did any works other then Jesus doing the works he was allowed to do on the Sabbath?

You find anywhere were they actually did work on new convenant Sabbath Sunday. You wont period. Now go back to the 3 I posted and see even how the Gentiles didnt work on Sabbath.

This will end my postings on the sabbath. Search the scriptures and find the truth.

Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy, go back to the OT and read what blessings you will recieve and try to Observe one (correctly) for yourself and see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does Deut 5:20 have any significance to you? Is that an opinion on good theology?

Go read up on the link I posted on the first page. If that doesnt open your eyes to Scripural Truth I cant do anything more to say what Im saying.

And why would you throw 5:20 in there. How am I bearing false witness?

I gave all my witness's from scripture which I gave 3 scripural points where the gentiles didnt work on the Sabbath. Judge yourself.

Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Number one, never heard that and number two you better leave GT because that is all we do here and number three that is what you are doing.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

2 Timothy 2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels

1 Timothy 6:4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

The laws pertaining the the Sabbath of the Lord thy God don't apply to Sunday at least from what I read in the law.

Now look how the holy spirit above told us it was mixed the day before? So we didnt work the the covenant sabbath sunday. Its this for our own good if we are searching the scriptures?
These women aren't gentiles.
This isn't spoken to gentiles either.

And these are the Gentiles here not working.

Hmm! Does your church collect money on the Venerable Day of Saturn? Is this even the sabbath of the Lord thy God? If it isn't it then is legal to do business on Saturday because it isn't the sabbath found on the stone tablets.

Maybe we need to discuss which day the Sabbath of the Lord thy God is.

What esle does the stone tablets say is forbidden to do on the Sabbath of the Lord thy God? Maybe we should quote it for the discussion.

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The highlighted is of real interest to me.

Oh and please remember Deut 5:20 when answering.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

2 Timothy 2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels

1 Timothy 6:4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions
So why come here and be prideful as if you know the only way. That does not say to not argue Scripture, if your going to make accusations about other Christians than you need to expect heat. If you can't take the heat then stay out of the kitchen as they say

Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The laws pertaining the the Sabbath of the Lord thy God don't apply to Sunday at least from what I read in the law. These women aren't gentiles.This isn't spoken to gentiles either. Hmm! Does your church collect money on the Venerable Day of Saturn? Is this even the sabbath of the Lord thy God? If it isn't it then is legal to do business on Saturday because it isn't the sabbath found on the stone tablets.

Maybe we need to discuss which day the Sabbath of the Lord thy God is.

What esle does the stone tablets say is forbidden to do on the Sabbath of the Lord thy God? Maybe we should quote it for the discussion.

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The highlighted is of real interest to me.

Oh and please remember Deut 5:20 when answering.

I mean by gentiles as in they are under the new convenant, like Jews now converting spiritually.

Jesus had already been crucified and already made the new convenant for them to follow. They are now under the new convenant and they still didnt work the sabbath.. What do you not see?

All of them listed are under the New convenant.

I showed you 3 scriptures where they didnt work.

Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So why come here and be prideful as if you know the only way. That does not say to not argue Scripture, if your going to make accusations about other Christians than you need to expect heat. If you can't take the heat then stay out of the kitchen as they say

Well as I noticed this will drag on for hundreds of pages. I posted the scriptures.

You all decide.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Old covenant stone, new covenant heart.

Pretty easy and I dont to see any relation to the sabbath in your posting.
I do. And you didn't discuss each of the highlighted items as requested. Not only that you didn't even consider them. Why? Don't you at least see different words and phrases being compared? I do.

So are you here to discuss or merely push and agenda? So far I lean to the later.

Upvote 0

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well as I noticed this will drag on for hundreds of pages. I posted the scriptures.

You all decide.
No you posted your opinion and than tried to tell us that we need to follow your opinion because you know better than anyone else. Very Trollish behavior

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

from scratch

No you posted your opinion and than tried to tell us that we need to follow your opinion because you know better than anyone else. Very Trollish behavior
Your right on the money there whitetiger1. There is way more about this person as well that is noticable for the experienced poster here. Look at the posts numbers and the join date for instance. It has already been pointed out that this is very SDA ish. It certianly follows their behavior to a perfect T. I wonder who is on vacation as we call it?

Check out the response to the Scripture I posted. There is no discussion. A parrot can't discuss either. They can only do what they have been taught. I hear a crow can do the same.

Upvote 0

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your right on the money there whitetiger1. There is way more about this person as well that is noticable for the experienced poster here. Look at the posts numbers and the join date for instance. It has already been pointed out that this is very SDA ish. It certianly follows their behavior to a perfect T. I wonder who is on vacation as we call it?

Check out the response to the Scripture I posted. There is no discussion. A parrot can't discuss either. They can only do what they have been taught. I hear a crow can do the same.
I know I am bad and been bad, I hope I haven't been that bad. If I have been I am sorry to all.

Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I don't see accusations from the scripture l gave. I wasn't condemning anyone, you all have grace as do I.

I don't think I know the only way. I just showed the scripture of the sabbath.

I just wonder why people decide not to follow the commandment when they follow the others.

I apologize if I came across differently to you the my words suggested. Did not mean to come across that wordy.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

I mean by gentiles as in they are under the new convenant, like Jews now converting spiritually.
Now I've been accused of demanding Jews to become Gentiles but this takes the cake.
Jesus had already been crucified and already made the new convenant for them to follow. They are now under the new convenant and they still didnt work the sabbath.. What do you not see?
I see you expect life long Jews to change their behavior like we flip a light switch. First off they are under duress or great stress form the recent event. People in these conditions don't even fuction rationally. Have you ever been to a funeral? Have you ever dealt with realatives of inheritance even moths later? They're still not rational.
All of them listed are under the New convenant.

I showed you 3 scriptures where they didnt work.
:cool: Now I take it that this means you comply with the rules of the sabbath on Saturday. Would care to explain Ex 20:10 for us please?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.