Remember the Sabbath... Arthur W Pinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

from scratch

I mean by gentiles as in they are under the new convenant, like Jews now converting spiritually.

Jesus had already been crucified and already made the new convenant for them to follow. They are now under the new convenant and they still didnt work the sabbath.. What do you not see?

All of them listed are under the New convenant.

I showed you 3 scriptures where they didnt work.
Why yes you did. I responded to your 3 points. Why is there no counter? Am I correct because of silence from you? If so then you admit that you're incorrect in your statements.

BTW do you attend church and bring your money the next day as you imply with I Cor 16:2? I can hardly wait to get into the text with you on this.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

2 Timothy 2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels

1 Timothy 6:4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions
So exactly what do you think you're doing?

If that isn't the case you're clearly looking for converts. Proselyting is against the forum rules.

Upvote 0

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see accusations from the scripture l gave. I wasn't condemning anyone, you all have grace as do I.

I don't think I know the only way. I just showed the scripture of the sabbath.

I just wonder why people decide not to follow the commandment when they follow the others.

I apologize if I came across differently to you the my words suggested. Did not mean to come across that wordy.
Thank you. The problem is that I was trying to tell you is that we are not under the sabbath law in any way, shape, or form. The first time we see graphically that we are no longer uder the law is when a council got together and completely did away with circumcision, which was part of the law (Acts 15). With that and Peter's vison on the roof (Acts 10:9-15) the law was no longer required to be followed. Paul says we are not under the law and James says those who follow the law are guilty of the whole if they break one item (James 2:10).

That's why Paul can say we are not saved by works (the law)

For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift— not from works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9 HCSB

For sin will not rule over you, because you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 6:14 HCSB

To live by the law is saying we can save ourselves. That is what we are attempting to get across.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Go read up on the link I posted on the first page. If that doesnt open your eyes to Scripural Truth I cant do anything more to say what Im saying.

And why would you throw 5:20 in there. How am I bearing false witness?

I gave all my witness's from scripture which I gave 3 scripural points where the gentiles didnt work on the Sabbath. Judge yourself.
I haven't seen your response yet and you only touched on one sentence here. I take it you don't understand the other Scripture I quoted as taken from the stone tablets.

Yes you did now where is your counter to my comments and qurries? I guess it would be wrong to get an answer from you. I could say much more exposing the whole truth. But I'm trying to stay out of trouble.

You could have just as easily answered my question instead of responding to my statement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

from scratch

We are forbidden to argue over scripture. I wont do it. I will respond a few more posts and thats it.

I posted 3 areas where the holy spirit wrote how they didnt work. I will go over them once more.

Yeah but do you do works? Do you buy and sell? Watch tv Ect?

We are to do not work and wait for gods great blessings as given in the OT for this observance. Read through what I posted in the beginning.

Here are 3 examples below how the "gentiles" us did NO WORK ON THE SABBATH DAY.

1)The women who cared for our Lord’s body mixed the spices and ointments on the day preceding, considering it a servile work not suitable for the Sabbath (Luke 23:54, 56).

Now look how the holy spirit above told us it was mixed the day before? So we didnt work the new covenant sabbath sunday. Its this for our own good if we are searching the scriptures?

2)But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath Day” (Matt. 24:20). This was plainly a prophetic warning against that species of Sabbath desecration which has happened now.

3)I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let everyone of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come” (1 Cor. 16:1, 2). “I have given order,” is certainly the language of authority.

Above is Paul under the Holy spirit and athority of Jesus saying do not work on the sabbath. Have everything prepared before hand.

And these are the Gentiles here witholding working on the sabbath new covenant sunday.

Bottom line is they didnt work, show me where they did any works other then Jesus doing the works he was allowed to do on the Sabbath?

You find anywhere were they actually did work on new convenant Sabbath Sunday. You wont period. Now go back to the 3 I posted and see even how the Gentiles didnt work on Sabbath.

This will end my postings on the sabbath. Search the scriptures and find the truth.

Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy, go back to the OT and read what blessings you will recieve and try to Observe one (correctly) for yourself and see.
:cool: New game in town.

Upvote 0

Youbrace

Nov 14, 2010
✟7,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually I was just brought to light this in acts 15:29.

Peter Telling what the Gentiles should be doing under grace

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. (Acts 15:29 KJV)

So with that and much persuasion I think I found the answer and the sabbath is a yoke.

Much apology
I asked the mods to delete the thread.

I still can't figure out why the old power writers like pinks and stugeon honored the sabath or how.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Go read up on the link I posted on the first page. If that doesnt open your eyes to Scripural Truth I cant do anything more to say what Im saying.

And why would you throw 5:20 in there. How am I bearing false witness?

I gave all my witness's from scripture which I gave 3 scripural points where the gentiles didnt work on the Sabbath. Judge yourself.
Must have a very guilty conscience because I made no accusation against you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

from scratch

I don't see accusations from the scripture l gave. I wasn't condemning anyone, you all have grace as do I.

I don't think I know the only way. I just showed the scripture of the sabbath.

I just wonder why people decide not to follow the commandment when they follow the others.

I apologize if I came across differently to you the my words suggested. Did not mean to come across that wordy.
Sure now we wish to discuss it. Talking about Scripture where is the response to my verses? Did I miss that long post?

Upvote 0

whitetiger1

Sep 3, 2011
in front of my computer
✟1,946.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That post wasn't about you. You misunderstod my post I posted lots of Scripture to our op not you. I haven't seen more that a very light fly by. I'm still looking. Think I missed a couple pages.
I know :) It made me think how I have been lately though

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

spirtually by adoption where we cry "abba father"

God made a convenant with the jews they couldnt live up to. He then took it and gave it to the gentiles (us spiritually) and wrote the same covenant on our hearts. Jews will still get their redemption the last 7 years.
Where do you get this from? I already posted Jere 31:31-34. It says something entirely different.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

It's Sunday. Take a look at the beginning "wall of text" ;)

Old convent was Saturday. Which the jews observed. The new convenant is sunday as Paul observed and followed as noted in my wall of text. Paul wouldn't observe Saturday anymore. If he did it would have caused all kinds of problems since the Jews did this. It was then observed Sunday but we still follow it as Paul did and the early church did.

We have forgotten to remember
This makes no sense in context of what you're doing.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Another will be that Christ fulfilled the Law. I am not making these I am telling you what to expect as everyone descends on your thread with different ideas. I will say this if one has to do the law than why brother with Christianity? It's bad enough everyone makes their own "truth" using the Bible but than throw in that you have to absolutely keep the law, who needs that. I don't.
:amen::thumbsup::amen:This is safer than the southern statement of agreement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

from scratch

Christ fulfilled the law, doesnt give us free will to sin and break any commandments, yet we do and have grace to cover us.

The evil one wants us to forget this commandment, god knew we would, thats why he says remember. Now I put up some great arguements that I havent seen anyone come up with. After all, for 300 years chrisitans observed the sabbath. Read above. Look at all the revivals when christians started observing the sabbath in the early days.

It is in no way to keep you in bondage as much as the evil one would like us to think. It is a way that god says he will bless us, it is to get all your "paper work" and buying and selling done during your fleshy week. Set aside sunday to think on god and study god and feel how he will bless you. This is our observance of the day coming very soon when we all will be in our final eternal rest. We start our heaven on earth now.
You wouldn't be talking about the Ebionites or the Waldensians would you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.