✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,
I put this in Christian philosophy and Ethics section due to the fact that I'm wondering if reincarnation is possible in Christianity and I would like to have a discussion on this! ...the reason being is that I see people who are i.e. in developed, advantaged countries and others in under-developed and dis-advantaged countries, black and indigenous people looked down on moreso than white people with East or South Asian/Indian being in between (meaning that you have to prove yourself more if you were any other ethnicity than if you were white) and then I see what most people would see as beautiful and what I think most people would see as ugly, despite the fact that it's still true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and then I also see that some people have less curses and others have more curses in their life.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
I put this in Christian philosophy and Ethics section due to the fact that I'm wondering if reincarnation is possible in Christianity and I would like to have a discussion on this! ...the reason being is that I see people who are i.e. in developed, advantaged countries and others in under-developed and dis-advantaged countries, black and indigenous people looked down on moreso than white people with East or South Asian/Indian being in between (meaning that you have to prove yourself more if you were any other ethnicity than if you were white) and then I see what most people would see as beautiful and what I think most people would see as ugly, despite the fact that it's still true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and then I also see that some people have less curses and others have more curses in their life.
The only thing resembling reincarnation in the bible applies to angels.

In terms of humans, the way reincarnation is described sounds like hell.

Upvote 0

DarkGalaxy501

Jun 2, 2015
USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Reincarnation: "Reincarnation is the philosophical or religious belief that the non-physical essence of a living being starts a new life in a different physical form or body after biological death."

Is reincarnation possible in the christian world:
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment (Hebrews 9:27).

He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return (Psalm 78:39).

No, Reincarnation is not part of the biblical doctrine. In our lives we live only once in this fleshly vessel, then we die. Once dead we are appointed to face the Lord. Those in Christ will have eternal life. They will receive new perfect bodies (not come back to life as something else) and live with Christ. Those that are not in Christ will face eternal damnation in the lake of fire. Where they are tormented night and day without rest.

It would be weird to have multiple different lives in this universe and then be judged before God once in total. The bible says we only have one life here then we are to stand before God.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing to discuss, there is no reincarnation.
That is a discussion in itself, that there is no reincarnation as you see it.

Thankfully, whether you're black, indigenous, East or South asian/Indian, you can still be looked up upon by various things such as going to school and being educated in things, skills like learning to sing and dance, by being good-looking in your ethnicity, or by being clean and looking your best, by having an interesting personality and a good heart :)

And we can donate, give to other countries in poverty and pray and give kindness and blessings to those who are under-going a curse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is a discussion in itself, that there is no reincarnation as you see it.

Thankfully, whether you're black, indigenous, East or South asian/Indian, you can still be looked up upon by various things such as going to school and being educated in things, skills like learning to sing and dance, by being good-looking in your ethnicity, or by being clean and looking your best, by having an interesting personality and a good heart :)

And we can donate, give to other countries in poverty and pray and give kindness and blessings to those who are under-going a curse.

It is not as i see it, but it is a simple fact. there is not a single example of any person in the Bible coming back as something else or some other person.

The Bible states people will be resurrected, believers to Eternal Life and unbelievers to the second death the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I put this in Christian philosophy and Ethics section due to the fact that I'm wondering if reincarnation is possible in Christianity and I would like to have a discussion on this!
The Bible is actually very clear (if you take the time to read it) that reincarnation is not something that happens.

The clearest verse on this has already been mentioned:

Hebrews 9:27 - And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment

According to Scripture, you have one life. When you die, you will either find yourself in the presence of the Lord, or separated from the Lord. There is a point sometime in the future when Christ will return.

Once Christ returns, He is going to redeem and restore the world, Heaven will come down to earth, and for those that followed Christ during their lifetime, they will live on the new earth, with Christ, in their perfected physical bodies. Those that did not follow Christ will spend eternity separated from him.

Reincarnation has no place within Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the reason being is that I see people who are i.e. in developed, advantaged countries and others in under-developed and dis-advantaged countries, black and indigenous people looked down

The one thing that is shown to improve the situation of any people group is Christianity.
If you can find it there is an article written by Matthew Parish ' Why as an atheist I believe Africa needs Christianity!'

Briefly he has lived and travelled in Africa and has seen the difference between Africans with a Christian faith and those with no Christian faith. He says it transforms them and there society.

Reincarnation is believed by some of the poorest people groups in the far East yet it has not benefited them.

Upvote 0