Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Some of these are old...but I don't recall anyone talking about them. Certainly not for long anyway...

As discussed in my previous post, there has been a recent trend toward the government excluding white people, and sometimes Asian Americans, from access to government relief funds and other benefits. These exclusions go well beyond traditional affirmative action plans. While this has been occurring at the state and local level, the Biden Administration has pursued this new approach most doggedly, across a broad array of relief funds, with billions of dollars being marked as off-limits to white business owners and farmers regardless of need.

Two different federal courts, including a federal appellate court (which is one level below the United States Supreme Court) have issued injunctions against these racial exclusions in relief programs for restaurant owners. Now, a third federal court has issued a temporary restraining order against Biden’s racially exclusionary farm and
ranch relief program.

I was aware that Biden tried to racially discriminate against white farmers, but I was unaware he also tried to discriminate against white restaurant owners.

Biden's also had several rulings and injunctions issued against his administration for trying to specifically dole out loans based on race. The obvious reason being that they fail the "equality under the law" test....and are in direct violation of the civil rights amendment.

And of course, there was the case the DOJ had against Yale for discriminating against asians during admissions...which Biden dropped relatively quickly once getting into office.

And after a little more digging....

Apparently these initiatives have been running headlong into lawsuits at the state and local level as well....

So besides the obvious point that if the Republican party agenda kept getting stalled and shut down by the civil rights amendment and the most basic legal concept enshrined in our Constitution....it would be the main story of every left wing outlet every week....

Do you think the Democratic Party should just come out and say they want to repeal civil rights protections against non-discrimination? Or should they attempt to rewrite the Constitution so equality under the law is no longer a thing?

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think the Democratic Party should just come out and say they want to repeal civil rights protections against non-discrimination

I thought they already had?

Maybe I was wrong, but it's certainly what I've been "hearing"...

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't find it odd in the least. Mass shootings are nearly a daily occurrence in America, two wars have Americans protesting daily, and we are all busy scouring the news to check if authorities have finally tossed Donald Trump into the stripey hole yet. ;)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I thought they already had?

Maybe I was wrong, but it's certainly what I've been "hearing"...
In California. I recall a bill to roll back civil rights protections and it was pushed by Democrats as a way to save "affirmative action" in universities. It had nothing to do with the racial hiring quotas that California wanted to force on its businesses (by which I mean it had everything to do racial hiring quotas). Thankfully, it failed...and it was voted against by the public by a healthy margin.

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't find it odd in the least.

Are you saying we've been distracted by less important issues?

Or that the media doesn't care to focus on the government's attempt to institutionalize racism because more "interesting" stories are happening?

There's at least a few ways to read your post and I'm not sure what you meant.

Can you clarify?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sure. Mass shootings and wars and Donald Trump exacerbating our hatred in America are NOT less important issues to us.

Donald Trump isn't on trial for "exacerbating hatred".

The administration hasn't done anything regarding mass shootings.

What the administration has done is attempt to institutionalize racism through a bunch of policies and programs that keep getting shut down by "civil rights" and "equality under the law".

I will ty, however, for making it clear you don't care about institutionalized racism.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Donald Trump isn't on trial for "exacerbating hatred".

The administration hasn't done anything regarding mass shootings.

What the administration has done is attempt to institutionalize racism through a bunch of policies and programs that keep getting shut down by "civil rights" and "equality under the law".

I will ty, however, for making it clear you don't care about institutionalized racism.

Please don't be disingenuous. You know I didn't say that. This is what I get for trying to converse with people whom I know better than to associate. Have a fantasy day friend.

Upvote 0