Was God's choosing Israel an act of aparteid...

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems that the thinking of the modern world, is that God favouring one nation over another is somehow immoral.

Under the divided attitudes among Christians runs the demand that all men are equal and all nations are equal before God.

This is not the revealed viewpoint we read in Scripture.

This seems to be a major driver of antisemitic sentiment.

Paul addressed this issue in Romans 9

And we read this in Genesis...

12 Now the Lord said to Abram,

“Go from your country,
And from your relatives
And from your father’s house,
To the land which I will show you;
2 And I will make you into a great nation,
And I will bless you,
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing;
3 And I will bless those who bless you,
And the one who curses you I will curse.
And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”

Was God sinning in choosing one nation over another ?

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, that ties to how a truth shall convey among humans.

First is, if God shows up publicly it simply nullifies the Covenant that faith being the sole element for human salvation. On the other hand, if God doesn't show up at all, there's no way for human to get to God's truth. The only way which works is for God to show up to His chosen prophets and for their testimonies to convey to later humans.

Second is, humans lack the ability to convey historical truth. Take the flood as an example, it is a fact which slowly turned into the different myths in the different cultures. Even to our Bible, the earliest manuscripts humans can have at hand can only be dated, at best, to the 3rd century. We failed to keep any valid documents before that point.

Third is, there's unique or even exclusive way for humans to convey all kind of truth on a daily basis, including the conveying of scientific truths. This starts with testimonies from eyewitnesses, which then are examined/reckoned/validated by an authority (usually it's an government) and then passed to a media to broadcast in an audience-facing manner.

For an example, our election votes are counted by designated staffs monitored by authorized personnels. They both serve as the direct eyewitnesses as only they know how accurate the counting itself is. In the case to votes being counted by computers, the vendors providing the machines act as the eyewitness as only they know how honest the counting is or is there any cheating involved by the counting programs.

The voting result is then reckoned by an authority, such as a canvass board reckoned by the government. Then it's passed to the mass media to broadcast. In the process of conveying a truth, it is crucial that this media must be audience-facing. If it's a US presidency election, the mass media must be US-facing to broadcast the voting result, such that all US citizens may have a chance to reach the information being conveyed.

May be to your surprise. All kind of truths are somehow conveyed this manner, using such a unique (almost exclusive in terms of its efficiency, mailing may be another way but never as efficient). It is a process of starting from eye-witnessing to authority reckoning to mass broadcasting (by a mass media or through an education system for the mass).

Subconsciously (but correctly), humans reckon a claim as a candidate of truth as long as the conveying of such a claim follows this unique methodology or protocol. That's it's equally valid to believe Biden or Trump to be the winner of the election. In the case of Trump, it goes like witnesses claimed that the counting machine cheated by counting the invalid votes as Biden's. This testimony is reckoned by the authority which is the presidency back then and the republicans. Then it's broadcast by the US-facing but pro-republican mass media such as Fox News.

For that matter, the God of Christianity employs the same methodology or protocol of such a way of conveying truths for humankind. It is a way humans employed on everything and on a daily basis but without their own awareness.

Isaiah 6:9
Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

The chosen prophets are God's eyewitnesses. Israel as God's chosen people serves as the authority to examine/reckon/validate the testimonies from the prophets. Judaism serves as the mass media facing all the Jews. God's truth is passed generation after generation in this manner among the Jews, till the OT is fully witnessed and compiled. Then the next stage is for the compiled books (it's called a Canon for a reason) to be conveyed to all mankind. But the Jews failed the mission. As an authority they failed to reckon/validate Jesus their Messiah. God has to build the 'protocol' from scratch.

Now Jesus' disciples and the chosen apostles serve as the eyewitnesses. The Church is newly established serving as the authority to reckon and validate the testimonies which at the end being called a Canon.

As you can see, from this process of conveying truths, Israel is a necessity. God actually ever said to Israel, He might choose another larger nation if Israel failed its mission, that is in terms of choosing both an authority and the mass media for broadcasting the truth. So if it's not Israel then it would be another chosen people. One people is a must anyway.

That being said. Since humans lack the ability to convey historical facts not to mention a whole theology, God trained up the Jews in a harsh way for them to be loyal and dedicated, then for a set of Written Law and Oral Law to be conveyed with accuracy. And till the OT books are canonized. OT is thus formed in a way understandable by humans. It represents the full effort of Israel as enforced by God Himself to have the testimonies of the prophets written down and with OT stands a witness.

The formation of NT on the other hand is less obvious due to the reason that the well trained Israel failed its mission. Christians are like a novice. The NT is not formed the same way as the OT. In NT God the Holy Spirit is poured upon all Christians. God on the other hand, left us a mass of ancient manuscripts. NT is formed by the effort from the different groups of Christians. It is a reconstruction from the mass of manuscripts under the guidance of God the Holy Spirit. Though the different groups of Christians may write a translation from the different perspectives, all valid translations are theologically identical. KJV represents the best human effort (from Christians) and resources back then to reconstruct the NT Bible. NIV and the like represent the best human effort and resources in today's world for the reconstruction of the NT Bible from the mass of manuscripts left behind, under the proper guidance from God the Holy Spirit.

The bottom line is, we walk away from God so fast in today's world that perhaps the next wave of editing the Bible may be unreliable. Today's writers don't evaluate how close today's humans, including Christians, to God. They instead evaluate their knowledge of Hebrews or Greeks to think that some verses are not correctly translated. One day they may alter the theological meaning unawarely by changing the context in this manner of self-pride.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Genesis promise of a seed that would bring salvation to mankind is the biblical theme. We are told through which human line that seed would arrive. Through Noah, Shem, Abraham, Jacob, Judah, King David. Meanwhile, we were provided with an example of how futile it is to seek redemption from sins via repetitive animal sacrifices. Then finally, the seed of God's woman described in Genesis 3:15 arrives in Jesus who would offer himself as a sacrifice not merely for the Jews, but for the entire world.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, that ties to how a truth shall convey among humans.

First is, if God shows up publicly it simply nullifies the Covenant that faith being the sole element for human salvation. On the other hand, if God doesn't show up at all, there's no way for human to get to God's truth. The only way which works is for God to show up to His chosen prophets and for their testimonies to convey to later humans.

Second is, humans lack the ability to convey historical truth. Take the flood as an example, it is a fact which slowly turned into the different myths in the different cultures. Even to our Bible, the earliest manuscripts humans can have at hand can only be dated, at best, to the 3rd century. We failed to keep any valid documents before that point.

Third is, there's unique or even exclusive way for humans to convey all kind of truth on a daily basis, including the conveying of scientific truths. This starts with testimonies from eyewitnesses, which then are examined/reckoned/validated by an authority (usually it's an government) and then passed to a media to broadcast in an audience-facing manner.

For an example, our election votes are counted by designated staffs monitored by authorized personnels. They both serve as the direct eyewitnesses as only they know how accurate the counting itself is. In the case to votes being counted by computers, the vendors providing the machines act as the eyewitness as only they know how honest the counting is or is there any cheating involved by the counting programs.

The voting result is then reckoned by an authority, such as a canvass board reckoned by the government. Then it's passed to the mass media to broadcast. In the process of conveying a truth, it is crucial that this media must be audience-facing. If it's a US presidency election, the mass media must be US-facing to broadcast the voting result, such that all US citizens may have a chance to reach the information being conveyed.

May be to your surprise. All kind of truths are somehow conveyed this manner, using such a unique (almost exclusive in terms of its efficiency, mailing may be another way but never as efficient). It is a process of starting from eye-witnessing to authority reckoning to mass broadcasting (by a mass media or through an education system for the mass).

Subconsciously (but correctly), humans reckon a claim as a candidate of truth as long as the conveying of such a claim follows this unique methodology or protocol. That's it's equally valid to believe Biden or Trump to be the winner of the election. In the case of Trump, it goes like witnesses claimed that the counting machine cheated by counting the invalid votes as Biden's. This testimony is reckoned by the authority which is the presidency back then and the republicans. Then it's broadcast by the US-facing but pro-republican mass media such as Fox News.

For that matter, the God of Christianity employs the same methodology or protocol of such a way of conveying truths for humankind. It is a way humans employed on everything and on a daily basis but without their own awareness.

Isaiah 6:9
Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

The chosen prophets are God's eyewitnesses. Israel as God's chosen people serves as the authority to examine/reckon/validate the testimonies from the prophets. Judaism serves as the mass media facing all the Jews. God's truth is passed generation after generation in this manner among the Jews, till the OT is fully witnessed and compiled. Then the next stage is for the compiled books (it's called a Canon for a reason) to be conveyed to all mankind. But the Jews failed the mission. As an authority they failed to reckon/validate Jesus their Messiah. God has to build the 'protocol' from scratch.

Now Jesus' disciples and the chosen apostles serve as the eyewitnesses. The Church is newly established serving as the authority to reckon and validate the testimonies which at the end being called a Canon.

As you can see, from this process of conveying truths, Israel is a necessity. God actually ever said to Israel, He might choose another larger nation if Israel failed its mission, that is in terms of choosing both an authority and the mass media for broadcasting the truth. So if it's not Israel then it would be another chosen people. One people is a must anyway.

That being said. Since humans lack the ability to convey historical facts not to mention a whole theology, God trained up the Jews in a harsh way for them to be loyal and dedicated, then for a set of Written Law and Oral Law to be conveyed with accuracy. And till the OT books are canonized. OT is thus formed in a way understandable by humans. It represents the full effort of Israel as enforced by God Himself to have the testimonies of the prophets written down and with OT stands a witness.

The formation of NT on the other hand is less obvious due to the reason that the well trained Israel failed its mission. Christians are like a novice. The NT is not formed the same way as the OT. In NT God the Holy Spirit is poured upon all Christians. God on the other hand, left us a mass of ancient manuscripts. NT is formed by the effort from the different groups of Christians. It is a reconstruction from the mass of manuscripts under the guidance of God the Holy Spirit. Though the different groups of Christians may write a translation from the different perspectives, all valid translations are theologically identical. KJV represents the best human effort (from Christians) and resources back then to reconstruct the NT Bible. NIV and the like represent the best human effort and resources in today's world for the reconstruction of the NT Bible from the mass of manuscripts left behind, under the proper guidance from God the Holy Spirit.

The bottom line is, we walk away from God so fast in today's world that perhaps the next wave of editing the Bible may be unreliable. Today's writers don't evaluate how close today's humans, including Christians, to God. They instead evaluate their knowledge of Hebrews or Greeks to think that some verses are not correctly translated. One day they may alter the theological meaning unawarely by changing the context in this manner of self-pride.

Dont you think God watches over this process and will intervene to make sure the simple always have written access to Truth?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Genesis promise of a seed that would bring salvation to mankind is the biblical theme. We are told through which human line that seed would arrive. Through Noah, Shem, Abraham, Jacob, Judah, King David. Meanwhile, we were provided with an example of how futile it is to seek redemption from sins via repetitive animal sacrifices. Then finally, the seed of God's woman described in Genesis 3:15 arrives in Jesus who would offer himself as a sacrifice not merely for the Jews, but for the entire world.

All good, would you consider giving a clear answer to the question posed ???

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One thing I notice, Carl, in your scripture quote is how God guarantees that Abraham's nation will be a blessing to others. And we have how the obedience of Abraham has gotten "all the nations of the earth" "blessed" > Genesis 22:18.

So, in any case, those Israelites who obey God could be blessing others more than others are blessing them.

If people want equality with Israel, then, let them bless the way Israel is blessing!

Of course, not all people of Israel are in on blessing any and all people. And they might act in some apartheid manner. But that is the fault of Satan's kingdom.

Our Apostle Paul certainly was not acting in an apartheid manner, and Paul was a Jew.

"But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children." (1 Thessalonians 2:7)

But there were Jews cursing even their own children > "He blood be on us and on our children," they said against Jesus, in Matthew 27:25. So, these certainly were not in the number of Israelites who have been blessing as God guaranteed to Abraham, I would say.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems that the thinking of the modern world, is that God favouring one nation over another is somehow immoral.

Under the divided attitudes among Christians runs the demand that all men are equal and all nations are equal before God.

“Go from your country,
And from your relatives
And I will bless you,

The State of Israel is a secular, political entity and has nothing to do with God and Biblical Israel. God never promised to regather Biblical Israel in a state of rebellion and unbelief. The majority of Jews living in the State of Israel are atheists and agnostics. Zionists were founded by atheists.

There is no more circumcision. Under the Abrahamic and Mosaic Law as per Genesis 17:7 -14 and Joshua 5 specifically 5:9, no circumcision, no land, no entry allowed into the Temple <- very, very powerful. A natural descendent of Abraham who fails to be circumcised is no longer heir of Abraham but is cut-off from among his people. He is no allowed entry into the land. But there is no more Jew. The land promises have been fulfilled and annulled: Joshua 21:43-45 and 1 Kings 4:20-21.

In Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28-29, we find God’s conditions for Israel to dwell in the land, and the conditions for restoration to the land when/if they should be expelled. Simply stated, Jehovah said that if Israel obeyed the Mosaic Covenant faithfully, she could dwell in the land. However, “If you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments...I will do this to you: I will appoint terror over you... I will punish you seven times over...I will bring the land to desolation, and your enemies who dwell in it shall be astonished at it. I will scatter you among the nations and draw a sword after you...those who are left shall waste away in their iniquity in your enemies’ lands” (Leviticus 26:14-34). The condition for restoration to the land is then given, “But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also walked contrary to Me, then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and My covenant with Abraham will I remember, I will remember the land” (Leviticus 26:40f). 1 In other words, if, and when, Israel repented, then and only then would Jehovah return them to the land. There is not a single word to hint that He would reward their unrighteousness by re-gathering them to the land in their disobedience. The same is true of Deuteronomy 28-30. Over and over the Lord of Hosts threatened them with captivity and scattering if they violated the Covenant (Deuteronomy 28:36-37; 45-49; 28:64). What is the only condition for restoration mentioned in the entirety of the text? It is given in chapter 30:1-10. Three times in the text, Jehovah said that when the plagues and dispersion for sin came upon them, and they would call to mind the Covenant “among all the nations where the Lord your God drives you, and you return to the Lord your God and obey his voice, according to all that I command you today, you and your children...that the Lord your God will bring you back from captivity” (Deuteronomy 30:1-3). Repentance and obedience to the Mosaic Covenant were the conditions for return.

Biblical Judaism no longer exists and it was forced to reinvent itself under Rabbi Yohannan ben Zakkai. The destruction of Jerusalem came and went in A.D. 70, Dan. 9. Remember it was the Hebrews that wanted a earthly kingdom not God 1 Samuel 8:7 and also the scepter of Judah would pass away Genesis 49:10. The reason the Jews rejected Jesus was because He rejected a earthly kingdom (John 6:15f). Deuteronomy 32, Daniel 9:24,26-27, 12:7 speaks of the last days of Mosaic Age which was fulfilled in A.D.70. (Deuteronomy 32:36; Daniel 12:7). The power of the people is shattered, the power is gone as prophesied.

Biblical Judaism has not been properly and lawfully observed for 1,953 years. Biblical Judaism died in A.D.70. The Romans destroyed all of the genealogical records in the Temple. Modern Judaism is a completely different religion than Biblical Judaism and now based wholly upon man's traditions, repentance, and good works. In fact, Biblical Judaism was already corrupted during Christ's earthly ministry by the traditions of man (Talmudism). There will be no more Day of Atonement with its nationalistic salvation. The Levites and the Aaronic priesthood is permanently lost (animal sacrifices could only temporarily cover sins not wash them away through Christ). Modern Judaism has no system for the atonement of sin and never will!

WHO ARE “GOD’S PEOPLE”?

The first century church was built primarily by ethnic Jews. Jesus and the Apostles were Jews. Early converts to Christianity were predominately Jews. The synagogues were leading recruiting grounds for the first century church. (Acts 17:2f) New Testament writers were overwhelmingly Jewish. Ethnic Jews continue, to this day, to be added to the church.

In his letters, Paul used “Israel” and “Jew” in two distinctly different ways.

“For they are not all [spiritual] Israel, which are of [ethnic] Israel.“ Rom. 9:6
“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly…but he is a Jew who is one inwardly.” Rom. 2:28f

Racial identities are not relevant in the New Covenant.

“There is neither Jew nor Greek….” Gal 3:28
“There is no distinction between Jew and Greek…” Romans 10:12

Jesus is the true spiritual Israel. Israel after the flesh was the type/shadow. [Referring to Jesus]

“Out of Egypt I called my Son.” Mt. 2:15
“The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed… which is Christ.” Gal 3:16

Being “in Christ” is the fulfillment of the Abrahamic covenant. Being “in the land” was the “type”.

“If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to promise.” Gal. 3:29
Paul called believers in Christ, “The Israel of God.” Gal. 6:16

Those who are “in Christ” are the chosen people. Israel after the flesh was the type/shadow.

“Those who are of faith, the same are children of Abraham.” Gal. 3:7
“For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus.“ Phil. 3:3
“He is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart.” Rom. 2:29

Circumcision was a type/shadow of the repentant believing heart.

“For in Christ Jesus neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.” Gal.6:15.
“You were… circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ.” Col. 2:11
“He is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.” Rom. 2:29

Doesn’t Romans 11:26 teach that “all [of ethnic] Israel will be saved”? When we read the verse in context, we can see that when Paul says, “all Israel” he is speaking of “the remnant”.

“At this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.” Rom 11:5
“If the number of the children of Israel are as the sand of the sea, it is the remnant who will be saved.” Rom. 9:27

Isn’t it significant that Israel returned to Palestine in 1948? No. God promised and gave Israel a new and supremely better Covenant under Messiah Jesus. Physical land means nothing compared to Life in Christ.

“Behold, the days come, says Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt…But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says Yahweh: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” Jer. 31:31-34

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well the UN has quite some influence and their philosophy causes folks to consider present day Israel is an apartheid state.

That's probably true. But then again, I'm guessing most of them don't study various kinds of Christian Theology all that much.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dont you think God watches over this process and will intervene to make sure the simple always have written access to Truth?

Yes, for sure. Like I said. Humans lack the ability to convey a historical truth. That's why Noah's flood as a fact inevitably turned into the different myths in different cultures. It's by God's enforcement that Genesis is so well conserved in its story form that it's like how in today's world information are encrypted, transmitted then decrypted to be readable again. The information contained in Genesis (mostly the Eden story) is so rich. It contains information ranging from basic concepts to prophecies. The process made use of the best human capability and effort but not without a certain degree of intervention in my opinion.

On the other hand without God's effort, in terms of both an active enforcement and making use of best human capability, ancient Chinese history and ancient Japanese history are all composed of meaningless myths.

The Chinese version of flood myth,
The sky has a large hole turned open with water pouring down from heaven causing a flood never happened before. A goddess whose name happened to be pronounced as "Noah" mended the hole and saved humankind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I understood that Jews being God's chosen people meant that it was through Judaism, that
salvation would come to the world, in Christ Jesus.

It never meant that the state of Israel would be set above every other nation, especially after
Christ salvific act of redeeming the world.

This may be incorrect, but it's what I've seen and what I learned about how
the Jewish State of Israel came into existence.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the other hand without God's effort, in terms of both an active enforcement and making use of best human capability, ancient Chinese history and ancient Japanese history are all composed of meaningless myths.

Assisted by the Deceiver...

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

“Go from your country,
And from your relatives
And I will bless you,

In the book of the Prophet Isaiah, God declared that Israel, Assyria, and Egypt are His. The chosenness of Israel as the covenant nation isn't at the exclusion of others; there is instead the idea that God's providential concern is for all nations--all peoples. The Book of Jonah is a prime example of this. Jonah didn't want the people of Nineveh to repent, God's judgment isn't on Nineveh, but on the reluctant prophet.

The modern state of Israel, however, isn't the covenant nation of God. So there's simply no drawing of comparison between what is written in Scripture concerning Israel and modern geopolitics of the Middle East.

Your brothers and sisters in Palestine suffer at the hands of an apartheid government--Israel.
That does not justify the evil conducted by terrorist organizations like Hamas.

But to support Israel as a nation-state, even when it does evil things, is not to be on the side of God but to be against God. Who calls us to be a people of peace, justice, love, and mercy.

In the war between Israel and Hamas, there are no good guys.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well the UN has quite some influence and their philosophy causes folks to consider present day Israel is an apartheid state.

Because it is.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the book of the Prophet Isaiah, God declared that Israel, Assyria, and Egypt are His. The chosenness of Israel as the covenant nation isn't at the exclusion of others; there is instead the idea that God's providential concern is for all nations--all peoples.
Can you suggest any other Nation to whom God said this...

Genesis 12:3
And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”

Exodus 19:6
and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel.”

2 Samuel 7:23
And what one nation on the earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people, and to make a name for Himself, and to do a great thing for You and awesome things for Your land, because of Your people whom You have redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, from other nations and their gods?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
How do you define Apartheid ?

"a policy or system of segregation or discrimination" In South Africa that was based on race. In Israel-Palestine it's based on ethnicity/religion. Palestinians are segregated and discriminated against, systemically, politically, and by literally having walls.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Can you suggest any other Nation to whom God said this...

Genesis 12:3
And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”

Exodus 19:6
and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel.”

2 Samuel 7:23
And what one nation on the earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people, and to make a name for Himself, and to do a great thing for You and awesome things for Your land, because of Your people whom You have redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, from other nations and their gods?

All nations:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in 1 the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," - Matthew 28:19

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." - 1 Peter 2:9

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise." - Galatians 3:28-29

"In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and Assyria will come into Egypt and Egypt into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians.

In that day Israel be the third with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, 'Blessed be Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance." - Isaiah 19:23-25

"In the last days the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it." - Isaiah 2:2

"He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations, and men of every language worshiped Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and His kingdom is one that will never be destroyed." - Daniel 7:14

"Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also," - Romans 3:29

"Then Peter began to speak, saying, 'Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right.'" - Acts 10:34-35

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0