Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. It's what the Bible says. Again, how on Earth do you explain Matthew 24:48-50 that says that servant who says that the Lord delays His coming (kind of like what you are saying) and he begins to smite his fellow servants (kind of like what you are doing now)?

In any event, may God's love shine upon you today.

So now, anyone who disagrees with you is attacking you ???

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So now, anyone who disagrees with you is attacking you ???

Suggesting that I am a part of a cult is a personal attack.... yes.

For you said, I quote:

"You are turning the pretrib doctrine into a cult,"
~ BABerean2.​

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Suggesting that I am a part of a cult is a personal attack.... yes.

For you said, I quote:

"You are turning the pretrib doctrine into a cult,"
~ BABerean2.​

Actually, there was a fellow who wrote a small book titled "The Rapture Cult". It was about the pretrib doctrine.

One of the things that most cults have in common is their claim that only their group is the "true Church" of Jesus Christ.

According to the writings of Charles H. Spurgeon, John Nelson Darby made that claim at one point in time.

You may not be there yet, but are headed in that direction.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The end of the world can happen today...this hour. Nothing remains needing fulfillment.

Dear Dave:

Thank you for being kind to me with my other posts.

May God bless you.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, there was a fellow who wrote a small book titled "The Rapture Cult". It was about the pretrib doctrine.

One of the things that most cults have in common is their claim that only their group is the "true Church" of Jesus Christ.

According to the writings of Charles H. Spurgeon, John Nelson Darby made that claim at one point in time.

I said before I am leaning towards the idea that a believer (Who denies the Pre-Trib Rapture) may not be saved if they deny the Pre-Trib Rapture. That does not mean I know for 100% certainty. So I am not declaring it as fact. I am saying it is possible. What I do know is that if a believer says that the Lord delays His coming (like saying the Lord will come for us at the end of the Tribulation) they can potentially smite their fellow servants because there is no need to be ready or holy for the Lord now. We can get ourselves ready right before we see the signs of His return of when we believe He will return. But the Bible says we will not know the hour or the day of His return. So to say that He is returning for His church at the Second Coming is putting a sense of timing on it. It is pinpointing what day and hour it is going to happen because a person living in the Tribulation will be able to have an idea of His coming based on the seals being broken around them.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How would anyone KNOW if a "seven-year Tribulation" has started?

And if they KNEW, wouldn't they also know that in 7 years they would be 'raptured'? Not before, not later than 7 years after whenever they thought the'7 year Trib" had started?

I guess I am speaking to PostTribbers -- but, do you expect to KNOW exactly WHEN a 7 year trib has begun?

What event would kick it off?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Also, Jesus says narrow is the way that leads unto life and FEW be there that finds it. So was Jesus in a cult because we have to be a part of His select narrow group? No, of course not. So the logic behind the authors who say that all cults claim that if you are not with them, you are not true. Cults are also identified in other ways (Besides the point you brought up). It is not the sole reason for being in a cult. Personally, I believe true holiness churches today have got it right (for the most part). Why? Because they are seeking to please the Lord by obeying Him. Most today just want to believe in Jesus and then not live for Him; Or they say that you do not have to really live for Him to be saved and yet you should live for Him. But Jesus says if you love me, keep the commandments. Paul says if any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How would anyone KNOW if a "seven-year Tribulation" has started?

And if they KNEW, wouldn't they also know that in 7 years they would be 'raptured'? Not before, not later than 7 years after whenever they thought the'7 year Trib" had started?

I guess I am speaking to PostTribbers -- but, do you expect to KNOW exactly WHEN a 7 year trib has begun?

What event would kick it off?

I know you asked PostTribblers, but I would like to answer this one. I think one unmistakable clue we are in the Tribulation is when the Antichrist comes onto the scene with him showing himself in the Jewish temple that he is god. The following enforcement of the Mark of the Beast where you could not buy or sell without this mark on your forehead or righthand is another big clue. If that doesn't do it for a person, I supposed the Lord showing Himself from Heaven (sitting on the throne), and demons coming up out of the ground would be a good clue that we are in the Tribulation for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think one unmistakable clue we are in the Tribulation is when the Antichrist comes onto the scene with showing himself in the Jewish temple that he is god.

If that was the indicator -- than posttribbers, pretribbers, partial prterists and amillennialists alike can walk around this afternoon with full assurance that THE RAPTURE is not gonna happen today, for there is no Jewish Temple anymore.

The site has a muslim mosque on it -- Dome of the Rock.

In the view you just described -- I flat-out KNOW the Rapture will not be today, because there is no Temple for any antichrist to sit in -- if all of that is to be taken literally.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If that was the indicator -- than posttribbers, pretribbers, partial prterists and amillennialists alike can walk around this afternoon with full assurance that THE RAPTURE is not gonna happen today, for there is no Jewish Temple anymore.

The site has a muslim mosque on it -- Dome of the Rock.

In the view you just described -- I flat-out KNOW the Rapture will not be today, because there is no Temple for any antichrist to sit in -- if all of that is to be taken literally.

Well, that is not the kickstarter event for the Tribulation. Actually, the Rapture is the kickstarter event for the Tribulation. But hypothetically speaking: if there was no Rapture to happen (Which is not going to happen), the most recognizable event for a person to see that they are in the Tribulation is the Antichrist showing himself that he is god within the temple (See 2 Thessalonians 2). When the Antichrist kills everyone for not taking the mark, this will be the breaking of the 4th seal (Which is death). The 5th seal will be unrecognizable because it takes place in Heaven. The 6th seal will be a reveal of the Lord Jesus sitting on the throne from Heaven in His glory. Folks on this world will freak out and say the Day of His Wrath has come. But will they repent?

As for the temple being rebuilt:

Well, that's already happening, my friend.

So we are close. Be prepared for our Lord's blessed hope (the Rapture). For you do not want to be around for the Tribulation. Jesus said pray that you may escape all these things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As I understand it, "Replacement Theology" means that The Church is "The New Israel". That is too hard for me to swallow. Surely Christ has brought in a NEW COVENANT, but to call the Church "The New Israel" is a bit much, though I think Episcopalian Book of Common Prayer uses that exact phrase.

That doesn't mean Episcopalians are Replacement Theologists, though. At least I hope not (I no longer go to Episcopal Church, but it seemed -- on paper at least -- that their theology was sound, I just didn't like the phrase "The New Israel").

A more Biblical phrase would be "The Israel of God" which contains both Gentiles (wild olive branches) and Jews (natural branches). As far as the modern day state of Israel, they are a big question mark to me eschatologically -- I cannot boast against or speak against the natural branches branches, wouldn't want to, and somewhere it says "the gifts and calling of God are without repentance" and if God wants to SAVE ALL ISRAEL in a day, then something is coming that I cannot comprehend right now.

Upvote 0