Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I found them through a reference on the Antiochian Orthodox website and ordered a pair for Christmas. The icons I received are very high quality!

The Damascene Gallery
dg-banner-new-mn.jpg

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2014
Warren, OH
✟615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have used Monastery Icons. They have a lot of Western saints also made into icons which I love

Keep in mind, I am eastern catholic, so I have a connection with the west that is more than spiritual, hence a devotion to some of the western saints.

But I do love the list above--and would like to find more eastern--especially st Athanasius.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2014
Warren, OH
✟615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I just looked back. Couldn't disagree more

First, they cannot sell blessed objects, that is simony.

Second, I had them all placed on the altar at Liturgy and Father had no issue where they came from.

Third, if anything they are a large corp that sells mass--yes your not getting the original painting with the spirituality but those cost a lot.

Fourth, there is no reason, the traditions of the east can be shared with the west---I see how many times we are enraged of latinizations, here is a way to share our traditions with many holy saints---such as st Thomas Aquinas, st Ignatius of Loyola or St Teresa of Avila or St Patrick etc.

They are saints of the universal and apostolic church

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟61,094.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Fourth, there is no reason, the traditions of the east can be shared with the west---I see how many times we are enraged of latinizations, here is a way to share our traditions with many holy saints---such as st Thomas Aquinas, st Ignatius of Loyola or St Teresa of Avila or St Patrick etc.

They are saints of the universal and apostolic church

Yes on St. Patrick / Sant Padrig .
Good 5th Cent. Welsh boy. ;)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟277,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I want to warn everybody away from ordering from St Joseph School For Boys. We recently discovered that they have been using many of my images without permission (using the Wayback Machine I discovered at least one of my images being used since 2011 without permission). They have also been using one of Julia's icons(known to TAWers as ikonographics) without permission and several other iconographers I know. They claim to have a database of thousands of icons from which to make prints, and I suspect that the bulk of them are images they have no rights to. I have made it my policy not to watermark my icons because I want people to be able to see them clearly on the internet, and to even be able to print them out for personal use if they need them but can't afford icons. But there is a difference between personal use and theft for profit. We are in the process of dealing with this situation in conjunction with some of my brother and sister iconographers, but I want people to be aware. This should serve as a wake up call for anyone ordering icons online, if you suspect that a business doesn't have the rights to sell an icon, please find out before ordering.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,370.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for that warning !!

As you say - this unauthorised use for sale and their personal profit is indeed theft. I have one of Ikonographic's Icons - the Guardian Angel and I treasure it. I do know where 3 others of hers are - and they are greatly appreciated

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dear friends, its my first time here on C.F. :)

I see that many of the websites doesn't ship icons outside US and Canada. Which of these websites sends to South America ?

Hi! If you're wanting hand painted icons I'll send them anywhere. PM me if you want more info.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Monastery Icons are spiritually dangerous and are an affront to Christ. They are a mockery of Orthodox iconography and are not written in a manner consistent with the teaching of the church. The precedence to burn heretical and sacrilegous things goes much further back than St. Nicholas of Japan. Why don't you examine how the early church handled matters.

If someone I respected said that of my pictures I would take them into the garden and burn them myself.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Ulyss

Nov 16, 2015
✟15,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello everybody,

We sell high-quality hand-painted and handmade Byzantine Orthodox icons which are exact copies of famous antique originals.

This icons were made by an artists with pray in monasteries of Cyprus and Greece using traditional iconography technique (handmade on canvas and set on gold background) and placed for 40 days in monastery's church iconostasis for gaining the grace of God.

You can find us here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/serec.vladi/m.html?item=252148780212&hash=item3ab53d0cb4:g:qY8AAOSw9mFWM2Hx&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
We renew our list every 7 days.

Please look at some of them.
06000839.jpg 06000198.jpg 06000592.jpg 06000593.jpg

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status