Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Church and I have purchased Icons from St. Isaac of Syria Skete. Archangels Books seems to ship Icons previously purchased from the Skete. The website is Skete.com

Also, my Church and I have purchsed from Uncut Mountain Press. IIRC, Archangels Books too ships Icons previously purchased from them.
The website it uncutmountain.com

PS
I can't post links yet, so you'll have to make due with this ^_^

If you are that concerned with buying icons that are going through a middleman, why not cut out the middleman completely and buy the mounted prints of the icons from the iconographers who painted the icons in the first place?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm new to Orthodoxy and I was just starting to set up my prayer corner. I am only working part time right now and the local Catholic store has some card like icons for cheap. Would it be wrong for me to use them. No offense to my Catholic bothers and sisters I'm just trying to cover all of my bases. Thx!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm new to Orthodoxy and I was just starting to set up my prayer corner. I am only working part time right now and the local Catholic store has some card like icons for cheap. Would it be wrong for me to use them. No offense to my Catholic bothers and sisters I'm just trying to cover all of my bases. Thx!

nope, just take them to your local priest to have them blessed. I would, however, make sure that it is a saint that Rome and Orthodoxy claim as their own (St George, St Nicholas, etc but not someone like Thomas Aquinas).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thx ArmyMatt that's a good point about Saints cannonized by EO. I was going to start with one of Jesus over my cross and Mary and the Apostle John on each side.

sounds good to me man, not that I have any say, hahahaha

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have an icon of Blessed Seraphim Rose with a halo.

I love it but...is it kosher?

haha, prolly yes and no. there were icons of St Justin Popovitch with halos long before his glorification. there is nothing wrong with that for personal veneration, but you prolly won't be seeing it in a Church just yet. soon I hope though

Last edited:
Upvote 0