Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That PO Box is for a fulfillment center that handles online stores, website maintenance, shipping, warehouse storage, and customer service for some 30 or more companies. If you ever order Avon, Nike shoes, Hugo Boss suits or a whole bunch of other things, they will have the same return address as Monastery Icons. I used to work for this 3rd-party company a long, long time ago. Monastery Icons may have no physical presence in Ohio at all. I don't quite remember, and I never directly handled anything to do with their account.

I'm glad I read all the way through this thread. I might have otherwise ordered from them, having a bit of familiarity with the company and not really knowing better about their origins and history.

Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't have known what was up with the address.

Upvote 0

SalemsConcordance

Oct 5, 2020
Westcoast
✟36,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Bump for new people like me :)
I've been advised by my priest to look at our affiliated monasteries for icons (we have a small library/shop with no icons for sales), but the monasteries don't seem to sell online. I'm only 3 weeks into catechism, so I'm going to go very slow instead of trying to feel a compulsion to create an immense icon wall immediately. I have a few calendars/prints I am using, but don't want to jump on anything that I would want to 'get rid of' later... I over think things sometimes and its easy to get lost in minutiae reading online.

Speaking of overthinking things.. being under Catechism with GOCA, should I avoid purchasing icons from ROCR affiliates due to being out of communion, or am I overthinking these things again?

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
No problem taking things slow! I’ve been orthodox for almost 2 years and I still only have a couple icons.

And ask your priest if you’re unsure, but I personally wouldn’t worry about. Neither patriarchate is outside the church, just that Moscow (including ROCOR) severed Eucharistic ties with Constantinople (including GOCA). (And it’s not mutual as far as I know)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of overthinking things.. being under Catechism with GOCA, should I avoid purchasing icons from ROCR affiliates due to being out of communion, or am I overthinking these things again?

overthinking, by all means purchase Russian icons.

Upvote 0

SalemsConcordance

Oct 5, 2020
Westcoast
✟36,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Two questions newbie questions.

1. When referring to the four Evangelists, is this referring to St Matthew, St Mark, St Luke and St John, or perhaps St Peter, St James, St John, St Paul? I'm trying to decipher this cross.
Is the text legible on top as well?

Wall Cross WC-121
Wall_Cross_WC_121__51558.1396728246.1000.1200_1800x1800.jpeg

Also for this icon, does the text vary with the Pantocrator?

Specifically:
Icon Set: Eleusa-Kiksk, 17th c. - Moscow (MCT17)
MCT17Thumbnail__94743.1366419672.jpg

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,104.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Received this in a package of other things I bought. Since I didn't buy this icon and I can't read Greek, I'm unsure who exactly this is? I have ideas but I want to be sure

View attachment 289143
I believe that says Agios Parthenios, which seems most likely to be the Bishop of Lampsacus (there are a few Saints with the name Parthenios). Feast day February 7th.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oh dear - that's NOT easy :(

Mine have mainly come from Sites out of the UK , or were presents to me. I have one of the Archangel Gabriel - a mounted print from the Westminster Cathedral Gift shop , which is very very good , BUT that source , thanks to Covid is now shut

Reactions: Lawrence87
Upvote 0

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oh dear - that's NOT easy :(

Mine have mainly come from Sites out of the UK , or were presents to me. I have one of the Archangel Gabriel - a mounted print from the Westminster Cathedral Gift shop , which is very very good , BUT that source , thanks to Covid is now shut

Thank you. May I ask then, if you could direct me to some sites that ship to the UK (at a reasonable rate preferrably)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I can't sadly - I have a beautiful Icon of the Guardian Angel from the hand of our own Iconographer -@ ikonographics who is based in Greece and getting things from her there was easy AND I had no tax to pay at this end [ she also carried out 3 Commissions for a Church I was involved with then] and they were shipped with incredibly little fuss. Now however thanks to Brexit, I reckon there's going to be tax on everything coming into the country.

I can only suggest you ask at your Church

Upvote 0

OrthodoxWanderer

May 4, 2020
NSEW
✟85,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0