Earth
✟168,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I know that St. Elizabeth Convent was mentioned but I wanted to mention St. Elisabeth Convent. They’re a convent in Belarus. They have worldwide shipping.

Orthodox Church Supplies: Icons, Vestments, Handmade Gifts in Catalog of St Elisabeth Convent
More info below:
(Saint Elisabeth Convent)
(The Catalog of Good Deeds)
(About our Convent - Catalog of St Elisabeth Convent)

I just want to point out they have a immense catalogue of mounted icons on wood (lacquered icons) and are very affordable.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Another bump :)
Any new sources or thoughts of where should I look today?

I am looking for a few things:
1. Small wall vigil lamp + icon - I didn't see this anywhere! I would prefer wood... This seems like such a simple little thing, but... impossible?

upload_2021-9-3_21-59-38.png

or simpler (that's what my grandparents used to have in the house)

upload_2021-9-3_22-2-21.jpeg

2. Icons painted on wood... again it is a nostalgia thing: in my childhood all icons were painted on wood and only one was "made" of tiny little bits of colored glass, as it were (the little bits of glass acted like
"pixels" if that makes any sense).

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-3_22-2-37.png
    upload_2021-9-3_22-2-37.png
    293.3 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Another bump :)
Any new sources or thoughts of where should I look today?

I am looking for a few things:
1. Small wall vigil lamp + icon - I didn't see this anywhere! I would prefer wood... This seems like such a simple little thing, but... impossible?

View attachment 305377

or simpler (that's what my grandparents used to have in the house)

View attachment 305378

2. Icons painted on wood... again it is a nostalgia thing: in my childhood all icons were painted on wood and only one was "made" of tiny little bits of colored glass, as it were (the little bits of glass acted like
"pixels" if that makes any sense).
Nioras! They have the largest collection I’ve seen (and they only have 12 lol)
Wooden Icons with Glass Oil Cup, Wellcome to our Orthodox Family www.Nioras.com Online Orthodox Art Store. Greek Orthodox Incense, Holy Icons, Church Supplies and more
http://nioras.com/orthodox-traditional-woodcarved-corner-icon-with-glass-oil-cup-p-90419.html
I bought from them, they’re good.
You have to pay for shipping so be aware.
They also take awhile because they come from Greece and sometimes they make the icons if they’re the lacquered printed ones that aren’t in stock.
But they have really good customer service.

Reactions: Ezana
Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nioras! They have the largest collection I’ve seen (and they only have 12 lol)
Wooden Icons with Glass Oil Cup, Wellcome to our Orthodox Family www.Nioras.com Online Orthodox Art Store. Greek Orthodox Incense, Holy Icons, Church Supplies and more
I bought from them, they’re good.
You have to pay for shipping so be aware.
They also take awhile because they come from Greece and sometimes they make the icons if they’re the lacquered printed ones that aren’t in stock.
But they have really good customer service.

It can take 6 months, I don't care. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Glory to God!

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They have the exact wooden icon style from my childhood too!!!

This looks almost exactly like one of my grandma's except for the EP logo (I hope that's just on the photo not on the icon) and the fact that my grandma's was darkened and faded.

1835-30%2014x20.jpg

(I'm sorry, I'm just so happy right now!)

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

This looks almost exactly like one of my grandma's except for the EP logo (I hope that's just on the photo not on the icon) and the fact that my grandma's was darkened and faded.

1835-30%2014x20.jpg

Yay!! That’s awesome :piripi:

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

1835-30%2014x20.jpg

Oh and they watermark all their pictures so the icon won’t have the watermark
:sohappy:

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

1835-30%2014x20.jpg

praise God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
:hi:
hey guys. I don’t really know where else to ask this and I don’t want to clog up the main forum.

So, I have bought scented anointing oils for my vigil lamp from the Holy Cross Monastery (https://www.holycross.org/collections/incense-worship?_=pf&pf_t_product_type=type_Anointing Oil) but I was wondering if there was any other places to get this type of scented oil for vigil lamps?

So far I’ve found:

Liturgical - Sacred Items - Anointing Oils - St. Johns Monastery (which is probably the Holy Cross Monastery’s Anointing Oils)

Vigil Lamp Oil

Frangranced Oil For Oil Candles 750ml, Oil for Candles, Orthodox Family www.Nioras.com Online Christian Art Store. Greek Orthodox Incense, Holy Icons, Church Supplies and more

https://orthodoxincense.com/vigillampoil
Fragrant Oils, The Holy Transfiguration Monastery Store (But they’re schismatic)

Any help would be awesome thanks!

God bless

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
:hi:
hey guys. I don’t really know where else to ask this and I don’t want to clog up the main forum.

So, I have bought scented anointing oils for my vigil lamp from the Holy Cross Monastery (https://www.holycross.org/collections/incense-worship?_=pf&pf_t_product_type=type_Anointing Oil) but I was wondering if there was any other places to get this type of scented oil for vigil lamps?

So far I’ve found:

Liturgical - Sacred Items - Anointing Oils - St. Johns Monastery (which is probably the Holy Cross Monastery’s Anointing Oils)

Vigil Lamp Oil

Frangranced Oil For Oil Candles 750ml, Oil for Candles, Orthodox Family www.Nioras.com Online Christian Art Store. Greek Orthodox Incense, Holy Icons, Church Supplies and more

Fragrant Oils, The Holy Transfiguration Monastery Store (But they’re schismatic)

Any help would be awesome thanks!

God bless

(redacted)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
(redacted)
Okay.
So the recipe worked.
But these oils are not very common and also income for the monastery.

so.

In order to protect the monastery, dm me if you want to know how I did it and the recipe for the oil. I know the community here is not going to turn around and sell it.

Also, Fr Matt can you remove my quote please?
I know it may seem like I’m being weird but Christianforums show up in google searches lol
:heart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Okay.
So the recipe worked.
But these oils are not very common and also income for the monastery.

so.

In order to protect the monastery, dm me if you want to know how I did it and the recipe for the oil. I know the community here is not going to turn around and sell it.

Also, Fr Matt can you remove my quote please?
I know it may seem like I’m being weird but Christianforums show up in google searches lol
:heart:

done!

Upvote 0

Cody J Dunbar

Cody-Gregory
Oct 19, 2022
Harrisburg, PA
✟13,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was at Holy Protection Monastery in White Haven, PA, today and bought two Icons there. That's where I normally buy them. One or more of the Nuns are iconographers, and you can get great quality icons made with prayer. My godfather commissioned my baptismal icon there of my patron saint St. Gregory of Nyssa. I don't think they ship, so you'd have to visit.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was at Holy Protection Monastery in White Haven, PA, today and bought two Icons there. That's where I normally buy them. One or more of the Nuns are iconographers, and you can get great quality icons made with prayer. My godfather commissioned my baptismal icon there of my patron saint St. Gregory of Nyssa. I don't think they ship, so you'd have to visit.

you mean White Haven?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,177,990.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you must have caught that fast because I edited it less than 5 mins after posting. I grew up next to White Hall WV and had a bit of a brain lapse.
You must have fixed it just before Fr Matt quoted your post. I doubt he edited the quoted text in his post after he posted ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Cody J Dunbar
Upvote 0