United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I know, but you don't just scorn some else's religious beliefs merely because they mentioned that they had some. Most people wouldn't, anyway.
I'm against doing that, of course. I have religious beliefs, after all. I wasn't aware that I did that. There's a religion that believes Trump is going to become President on a mission from God?

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if there's some symbolism behind the fact that it's mostly atheists, agnostics and 'other' religions bashing Trump in this particular thread?
Is this a trend CF wide?
No, it's a trend reality wide.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think he'd be a refreshing change to the lies and manipulations of the others who've been in office.
Don't bet on it.

654d1t.png

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trump doesn't seem like a Christian in how he acts, talk, or lives, but...God has also used the unfaithful Babylon and Assyria for His instruments. soo... perhaps God means to destroy America for all the sins we commit on a daily basis, or maybe God doesn't focus on single countries and ignores the rest like most Americans arrogantly believe for some reason.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Trump doesn't seem like a Christian in how he acts, talk, or lives, but...God has also used the unfaithful Babylon and Assyria for His instruments. soo... perhaps God means to destroy America for all the sins we commit on a daily basis, or maybe God doesn't focus on single countries and ignores the rest like most Americans arrogantly believe for some reason.

The same could be said for Obama.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The same could be said for Obama.
Who says he hasn't been using like every president for the past 250 years in such a manner? We'll never know. Because reading a history book doesn't point to many Christian-like behavior within our history.

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. God can and does use whom He wants.
God also used Cyrus who was not a follower of Christ, to bless and save God's people.
God uses non Christian leaders to bless or to bring judgement.
The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes. - Prov 21:1
God is always in control :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Who says he hasn't been using like every president for the past 250 years in such a manner? We'll never know. Because reading a history book doesn't point to many Christian-like behavior within our history.

That's true. My point is that God may be using Obama to hurt our country as a way to motivate us to return to Him and repent. Only God knows but I've talked to many Christians who feel something, whether good or bad, is on the verge of happening. We'll have to wait and see what it is. What role Trump has to play remains to be seen.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
That's true. My point is that God may be using Obama to hurt our country as a way to motivate us to return to Him and repent. Only God knows but I've talked to many Christians who feel something, whether good or bad, is on the verge of happening. We'll have to wait and see what it is. What role Trump has to play remains to be seen.

God is using Obama to hurt the country?

Why do people come up with such bizarre thoughts?

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes. - Prov 21:1
God is always in control :)

We don't have a king. We don't have a ruler.

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with this. It echoes my own personal sentiments regarding leadership.
and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned Jer 18:8
All through the ages God uses whomever He wants to either reprove or bless a nation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Do we again have to go through how absurdly UNFACTUAL the judgments made by "Politifact" (sic) are?
And the judgments made in post #1 are factual...? Or anything but absurd?

But feel free to make a thread. I've never seen that argument made.
And they think that this sort of proselytizing will win converts!
Oh, this is just a fringe thing. That's why I wasn't tripping over myself to get all PC and say "Wow, what interesting religious beliefs you have! I love interfaith dialogue! Tell me more!" I'd categorize this with astrology, not religion. I'll happily scorn nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Feel free to make a thread. I've never seen that argument made.
Well, you may have missed it, but Politifact is notoriously inaccurate. I'd say slanted, and that's well known, but really....all you have to do is read their material and it's more than apparent that they classify a lot of statements completely wrongly and make many of them on assumptions that are quite unwarranted.

Upvote 0