United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if there's some symbolism behind the fact that it's mostly atheists, agnostics and 'other' religions bashing Trump in this particular thread?
Is this a trend CF wide?
I want you to imagine for a moment what kind of website this would be (or what kind of world, for that matter) if any old schmuck could jump on here, say "2 prophetic words from different sources saying TRUMP will win presidency in order to accomplish God's will" and have everyone shake their heads in agreement without asking for sources or employing any sort of critical thinking. I don't think you would like that world any more than I would.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if there's some symbolism behind the fact that it's mostly atheists, agnostics and 'other' religions bashing Trump in this particular thread?
Is this a trend CF wide?

Nobody is bashing Trump. We are asking you for your sources.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I want you to imagine for a moment what kind of website this would be (or what kind of world, for that matter) if any old schmuck could jump on here, say "2 prophetic words from different sources saying TRUMP will win presidency in order to accomplish God's will" and have everyone shake their heads in agreement without asking for sources or employing any sort of critical thinking. I don't think you would like that world any more than I would.

People jump in here all the time to say that they have heard the voice of God telling them something about contemporary events. Why this particular one should cause people to go into convulsions, I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
People jump in here all the time to say that they have heard the voice of God telling them something about contemporary events. Why this particular one should cause people to go into convulsions, I'm not sure.
I don't think asking for the names of the prophets is going into convulsions.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this a trend CF wide?
Who's bashing Trump?

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL! A fair deal amusing, is it not?
God love 'em

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think asking for the names of the prophets is going into convulsions.
It seems like only 13 minutes ago that I was reading the following:

Clearbhall said:
I want you to imagine for a moment what kind of website this would be (or what kind of world, for that matter) if any old schmuck could jump on here, say "2 prophetic words from different sources saying TRUMP will win presidency in order to accomplish God's will" and have everyone shake their heads in agreement without asking for sources or employing any sort of critical thinking.

In all of that, I didn't see a single request for "the names of the prophets." I did see a lot else, though. And no one said that there were any prophets, did they? I thought the idea was that she had received words that constituted prophesy. ??

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The OP, obviously
lol. No I'm not.
I simply am not blind to his downfalls. Trump IS egotistical and not a smooth talker, but that doesn't mean I don't like him. I think he'd be a refreshing change to the lies and manipulations of the others who've been in office.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
lol. No I'm not.
I simply am not blind to his downfalls. Trump IS egotistical and not a smooth talker, but that doesn't mean I don't like him. I think he'd be a refreshing change to the lies and manipulations of the others who've been in office.
Yes you did. You bashed Trump by calling him prideful and full of himself.

Why do you deny the bashing you just gave Trump?

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Not in this forum, they don't.

● Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums. These may be posted in your own personal blog.

- Christian Forum Rules

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It seems like only 13 minutes ago that I was reading the following:
Yes, after OP got all bent out of shape over us not taking her seriously without question, and then refused to provide any information that would make her post at all serious. I thought I was making a very good point and laid out the situation for her in a constructive way when I could have stooped to her level of communication. She's new to the website, so I felt I would explain to her that the burden of proof and the skepticism around here is as much for her benefit as anyone else's. If you'd like to ignore that and view it simply as me going into "convulsions" (rather ironic, in the context of this thread), you're free to do so.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, after OP got all bent out of shape over us not taking her seriously without question, and then refusing to provide any information that would make her post serious.
I know, but you don't just scorn some else's religious beliefs merely because they mentioned that they had some. Most people wouldn't, anyway.

Upvote 0