Berlin
✟73,164.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Didn't anyone actually watch the speech? Trump was speaking about the auto industry
But there will be certainly some listeners who will understand it in the lines of the OP, and will repeat the attempt to steal the election from Biden if Trump loses. And we know from the last time this will be in a violent way (has anyone seen the unfiltered videos of the events on that 6th of January?).
Why would anyone think that is somehow a threat? It's a prediction.
I see it as a statement with double meaning: A harmless one for the outside, and the other meaning for the fanatics he wants to use if he loses the election. Like the mobster who utters statements other mobster will clearly understand, but they are somewhat disguised do his lawyer can say it's harmless small-talk.
Trump was talking about the uproar involving those in the U.S. car industry if they continue to be treated unfairly.
Unfairly? The European car industry is treated unfairly compared to the US car industry.
Or do you suggest that the attempts to save our planet are unfair?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump hasn’t really been the greatest of prognosticators recently so I’m not really worried about these supposed “bloodbaths” he’s talking about in any context.

Probably best to ignore his old tricks where he goads people into a response to some asinine thing he’s said. The media is just doing their job of spreading his manure for him and his followers are doing their jobs of cleaning it up after.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,164.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Trust me Trump voters don't take it literally like you did and do.
1% voters that take it literally is enough.Remember the attempted coup d'etat on 6th of January, 2021: it was a minority of Trump supporters, but a fanatic minority. They almost achieved in dissolving the parliament!

There are certainly enough Trump supporters that will try to do it a second time, if he loses again. He will surely repeat the lie that he had won.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Sure looks like the border was opened after Biden removing the Trump policies.
The level of migrant encounters is a measure of how closed the border is. Illegal aliens are those the Border Patrol does not encounter.

Upvote 0

xser88

Jan 7, 2019
Fontana
✟130,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If Trump wasn't talking about violence, which I believe he was, he doesn't care to clarify his statement.

State of play: Trump made statements condoning and encouraging violence throughout his presidency.

* Trump in 2016 said that if he were denied the presidential nomination at the GOP convention, “I think you’d have riots.

*July 2017: During a speech to law enforcement officers in Long Island, New York, Trump seemingly encouraged police officers to be rough with people they were arresting, per ABC News. "Please don't be too nice," he told the audience.

* August 2017: In the aftermath of the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, Trump failed to unequivocally condemn the violence and said "many sides" were to blame, failing to distinguish between those who participated in the "Unite the Right" rally and those who showed up in opposition to it.

* October 2018: While speaking at a Montana campaign rally, Trump publicly praised Montana's then-Rep. Greg Gianforte (R) — the state's current governor — for previously assaulting a reporter. "Any guy that can do a body slam, he is my type!" Trump said.

* October 2019: A New York Times report outlined various strategies Trump had allegedly deliberated to keep migrants away from the U.S. southern border, including a water-filled trench with snakes or alligators and shooting migrants in the legs to slow them down.

* May 2020: Trump used violent rhetoric when referring to protests in Minneapolis in the wake of George Floyd’s killing, tweeting, "when the looting starts, the shooting starts." The phrase has a racist history going back to police brutality against Black Americans in the 1960s, per the New York Times.

* June 2020: Trump threatened to use the U.S. military to quell Black Lives Matter protests across the country. "If a city or state refuses to take the actions necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them," Trump said.

* August 2020: Trump expressed interest in sending the National Guard to Portland, Oregon, to confront protesters, per Vox. "We could fix Portland in, I would say, 45 minutes," Trump said.

* September 2020: Trump lauded law enforcement officers for killing Michael Forest Reinoehl, a self-described Antifa member suspected of killing a right-wing activist the previous month. "That’s the way it has to be. There has to be retribution," Vox reported.

* September 2020: When offered the chance to unequivocally condemn white supremacist violence during the first presidential debate, Trump failed to do so, instead telling the far-right Proud Boys that they should "stand back and stand by."

* Trump in November 2020 responded to an adverse ruling by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court by saying it would “induce violence in the streets.” (Trump later expanded, saying, “Bad things will happen, and bad things lead to other type things. It’s a very dangerous thing for our country.”)

* January 2021: At a rally preceding the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, Trump repeated false claims that the 2020 election had been stolen and told supporters that "we're going to walk down to the Capitol," adding that "you'll never take back our country with weakness."

* Trump warned last March of “potential death & destruction” if he were charged by the Manhattan district attorney. He also mocked those who urged his supporters to stay peaceful, saying, “OUR COUNTRY IS BEING DESTROYED, AS THEY TELL US TO BE PEACEFUL!”

* Trump warned in August, after the search of his Mar-a-Lago estate, that “terrible things are going to happen.” He later promoted a comment from Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) that there would be “riots in the streets” if Trump were charged.

* Trump in January warned of “bedlam in the country” if the criminal charges against him succeeded. Days earlier, he targeted efforts to remove him from the ballot using the 14th Amendment, saying: “Because if we don’t [get treated fairly], our country’s in big, big trouble. Does everybody understand what I’m saying? I think so.”

With that kind of history, it’s certainly a choice for Trump to keep talking like this. ‘Bloodbath’ aside, Trump’s violent rhetoric is unambiguous.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1% voters that take it literally is enough.Remember the attempted coup d'etat on 6th of January, 2021: it was a minority of Trump supporters, but a fanatic minority. They almost achieved in dissolving the parliament!

There are certainly enough Trump supporters that will try to do it a second time, if he loses again. He will surely repeat the lie that he had won.
If he wins, will we see another Summer of love from the radical left? I think radicals will do what radicals do. It is IMO, an attitude issue more than anything. "bloodbath" with regard to the auto industry, is not that for republican voters, maga voters. To paint them with that could be enough to justify the radical left again.

• Agree
Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,164.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If he wins, will we see another Summer of love from the radical left? I think radicals will do what radicals do.
True for left and whitewing radicals. But only Trump has a link to radicals …
It is IMO, an attitude issue more than anything. "bloodbath" with regard to the auto industry, is not that for republican voters, maga voters.
Given the experience of violent speech from Trump, and violence of Trump supporters (not just right-wing radicals with no affiliation to him), this »attitude« is realism.
To paint them with that could be enough to justify the radical left again.
Left violence is not justified by right violence, or vice versa.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Summer of love was in 1967. Nobody knows what you are describing.
Well have you been asleep......1967....or the media blackout you were consulting...
The entire summer in certain lib cities.... police precincts being taken over and abandoned? Blocks and blocks taken over by blm, anifa types? In seatlle at least one person was shot. Rediculous politicains called the cordoned off areas (from rule of law), called the summer of love, until it wasn't. Portland Oregon courthouses burned people hurt. People threatened in their homes as these crowds took over their neighbor hoods? Wow ALL SUMMER....

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone here want to hear lies and twisted context from the media? I don’t.

Does it seem right to you that the media should be allowed to speak lies and twist context?
I don’t think they should be permitted to do that. I think there ought be integrity in reporting the news.

Can you blame Trump for speaking out against the total lack of integrity in some popular media news?

I really can’t blame him for that. I really can’t say I blame him for wanting integrity in the reporting of news.

Do you realize the effect it could have on a nation which allows lies to be reported by the media?

Lies are meant to deceive. And if they continue, it’s quite possible many will be deceived.

And that’s what Trump was upset about when he lost the election 4 years ago.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone here want to hear lies and twisted context from the media? I don’t.

Does it seem right to you that the media should be allowed to speak lies and twist context?
I don’t think they should be permitted to do that. I think there ought be integrity in reporting the news.

Can you blame Trump for speaking out against the total lack of integrity in some popular media news?

I really can’t blame him for that. I really can’t say I blame him for wanting integrity in the reporting of news.

Do you realize the effect it could have on a nation which allows lies to be reported by the media?

Lies are meant to deceive. And if they continue, it’s quite possible many will be deceived.

And that’s what Trump was upset about when he lost the election 4 years ago.
Trump doesn't need the media when he can post lies and attacks on others directly from his 'Truth' Social.

The media has not cornered the market on lying. The internet opened it up for everybody.

People are deceived every day by other humans, and always have. Fox News paid out almost a trillion dollars for their lies on behalf of Trump. Trump has to pay out a half a trillion dollars for lying through his business operations.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump says there will be bloodbaths if he's not reelected.
Trump says there will be a ‘bloodbath’ if he loses the election

1. Why would there be bloodbaths if he loses?
2. Is this a threat?
3. Do republican strategists think these comments ts are going to WIN OVER or turn OFF independents?
4. Does what Trump said even make sense in complete context or is this whole topic pointless?

This has been said on the left a bunch and this seems a bit hyperbolic coming from our side for sure. But from Trump it sounds like nonsense. you'll have e elections but Republicans won't do well because your party has become too vindictive under trump and not soing anything to improve the lives of Americans other than giving tax cuts and that's it.

Now, to be fair, Trumps cognitive decline has his speech and ideas sounding like a word salad. The bloodbath comment came on the heels of talking about a tariff on Chinese made cars..and then was immediately followed by this election comment, according to the article I shared.

And, just in case his racist was in doubt, he clarified it...

Calling people "not people" is pretty much textbook racism.

It's strange that a person can make comments ts like this and people will cheer. Maybe not strange. Maybe deplorable
Eh .... mudslinging and/or word salads goes on all the time .... especially in the political realm. We need to look at policies (ways of governing) and decide what presents itself to be the best way to do that.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

1710801644210.png

This thread is closed. There are a variety of rule violations. That happens when the topic is heated. Name-calling and derogatory comments are not acceptable. Repeated flaming will lead to warnings and/or bans. Some clean up was done.

It would help your arguments greatly if SUPPORTING documentation is added to the claims made in posts. Most just make claims and fail to back it up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.