Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You really need to study history before making such nonsensical claims.
Don't keep us in the dark, then. Tell us how everything is so good now--even though the world is in recession, violence is everywhere, race relations are worse than they've been in decades, pansexualism is promoted in the media and popular culture, and the percentage of people in our own country who are not in the labor force is the highest it's been in forty years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Agreed. God can and does use whom He wants.
God also used Cyrus who was not a follower of Christ, to bless and save God's people.
God uses non Christian leaders to bless or to bring judgement.
The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes. - Prov 21:1
God is always in control :)
So much for free will hu?

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scripture has little good to say about false prophets
This thread isn't about 'false prophets'.
It isn't even about true prophets.
There was ONE question in the OP and instead of answering it people just want to yap about true and false prophets.
lol.

God can certainly use whatever and whoever. But there is a profound arrogance in imagining that God is especially invested in American politics as opposed to the politics of any other nation.
hmmm.. It's very nice of you to chime in with your opinion re: "arrogance" out of the blue for no reason.
Perhaps I missed something?
Did someone claim that God is especially invested in American politics as opposed to the politics of any other nation?
*facepalm

As Christians let's spend less time listening to false prophets and spend more time listening to the Lord Christ who instructs us to be salt and light, promoting peace, justice, and good toward and for our neighbor.
As Christians let's stop jumping to conclusions and accusing people of saying things they haven't said, shall we? ;)

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a Christian and I would like to hear more of this and also where it came from. The word Prophetic has certain connotations to me that I would like to hear from the source.
It doesn't matter where the Words came from, that's not the topic.
I simply asked a question in the OP.
It is quite easily discerned that there are some here who's sole desire is to dissect and rip to shreds whoever gave the prophetic words .
I'm not playing into it. :)

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,968.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
This thread isn't about 'false prophets'.
It isn't even about true prophets.
There was ONE question in the OP and instead of answering it people just want to yap about true and false prophets.
lol.

No, Trump will not become President to fulfill God's will. God doesn't want Trump to round up and deport all the illegals.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't keep us in the dark, then. Tell us how everything is so good now--even though the world is in recession, violence is everywhere, race relations are worse than they've been in decades, pansexualism is promoted in the media and popular culture, and the percentage of people in our own country who are not in the labor force is the highest it's been in forty years.

We're not in a global recession, violence has always been everywhere, race relations really aren't all that bad, another person's sexuality isn't any of my (or your) business (neither is it the government's business), the labor market is recovering, and the percentage of people in the US who are not in the labor force depends entirely on what metric you're using.

No matter what social ill is pointed at as evidence of how bad things are right now, there was always a time when things were worse.

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've now heard 2 prophetic words from different sources saying TRUMP will win presidency in order to accomplish God's will.
Has anyone else heard similar?
The government we have is so that man can learn that he makes a mess out of things when he does it his way and not God's way. We will rule and reign for 1,000 years with Christ and then the Kingdoms of this world will become the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We're not in a global recession
Every economist says we are.

violence has always been everywhere
Not like this.

race relations really aren't all that bad
Nonsense. We even have polls that refute you, not to mention all that happened in the past several years.

another person's sexuality isn't any of my (or your) business (neither is it the government's business)
Well, the other person mentioned it, and the trend is as he described it, whether you think it's a problem or not.

the labor market is recovering
It's not.

and the percentage of people in the US who are not in the labor force depends entirely on what metric you're using.
Percentage of population of working age.

You can keep the rose colored glasses on, if you wish. The prez certainly hopes you'll fall for the cooked books he's using (which we could discuss if necessary), but you scoffed at what was written a few posts back. It was on target.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've now heard 2 people saying TRUMP will win presidency in order to accomplish God's will.
FTFY.

God's will is that the hungry are fed, the homeless sheltered; the widow and orphan cared for and justice to pour through from the leaders. Trump is an egomaniac.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
FTFY.

God's will is that the hungry are fed, the homeless sheltered; the widow and orphan cared for and justice to pour through from the leaders. Trump is an egomaniac.
I wouldn't expect a self-described fan of Karl Marx, Herbert Marcuse, and Bolshevism, whose favorite verse is a line from The Communist Manifesto and whose favorite "hymn" is The Communist Internationale, to see the matter objectively. ;)

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's will is that the hungry are fed, the homeless sheltered; the widow and orphan cared for and justice to pour through from the leaders.
While you are certainly correct, there is more to God's will than just the above.

Trump is an egomaniac.
I agree he's pretty egotistical, lol. But that's neither here nor there. God may want to use him anyway because he can't be bought off or swayed by those who would like to control him. It all depends on what GOD wants and how He intends to use him. God can bring blessing or reproval through leaders.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't expect a self-described fan of Karl Marx, Herbert Marcuse, and Bolshevism, whose favorite verse is a line from The Communist Manifesto and whose favorite song is The Communist Internationale to see the matter objectively. ;)
I don't pretend to see things objectively, I think it's enough to see things clearly.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
While you are certainly correct, there is more to God's will than just the above.
Let's concentrate on getting that done first.

I agree he's pretty egotistical, lol. But that's neither here nor there.
I don't consider it something that can be "lol'd" at. It's a serious flaw in character. Trump wants to be president because he loves power not because he loves the American people, doesn't that make you feel sick? If I were American, I don't think I could stomach that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't consider it something that can be "lol'd" at. It's a serious flaw in character.
And you don't think Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton suffer from the same character flaw (and probably some of the other Republican contenders as well)?

Reactions: EinsteinsGirl
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So we have a Marxist advocating a Christian theocracy for the USA and criticizing Trump for not being on board. That's the only way his comment would make sense unless it was just something to throw at Trump.

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's concentrate on getting that done first.
Go ahead.
If those are your main objectives why do you come here and spend time arguing and debating?
Shouldn't you be out helping the homeless and doing all the things you say "we" should be doing?
God instructs "us" to do a lot of things, so while your reply sounds sweet, I'm not convinced it's completely altruistic at the root.
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?

Micah 6

I don't consider it something that can be "lol'd" at. It's a serious flaw in character.
Let's see now... Do you have character flaws?
Can God use you in spite of your character flaws and wrong beliefs?
Learning to not be too serious about things we have no control over keeps us from stress related illnesses.
Laugh a little.

Trump wants to be president because he loves power not because he loves the American people, doesn't that make you feel sick? If I were American, I don't think I could stomach that.
How is it you propose to know Trump's motives for running??

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Every economist says we are.

Nope. The last global recession ended in 2009.

Not like this.

That's true, I guess--violence has usually been much worse than it is now.

Nonsense. We even have polls that refute you, not to mention all that happened in the past several years.

Unless you're referring to Muslims or Middle-Easterners as a race, your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. Blacks don't generally hate whites, they just hate being shot by white cops.

Well, the other person mentioned it, and the trend is as he described it, whether you think it's a problem or not.

It's none of Obama's business what someone's sexual preference is.

It's not.

There's plenty of data that shows that it is.

Percentage of population of working age.

In school, not in school? Retired early, didn't retire early?

You can keep the rose colored glasses on, if you wish.

And you can keep the soot-colored glasses on.

The prez certainly hopes you'll fall for the cooked books he's using (which we could discuss if necessary), but you scoffed at what was written a few posts back. It was on target.

Just as I scoff at anything that starts out The prez certainly hopes you'll fall for....

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
I've now heard 2 prophetic words from different sources saying TRUMP will win presidency in order to accomplish God's will.
Has anyone else heard similar?

God can use whoever He wants to accomplish His will, and He does like to use 'foolish things' to confound the wise.
It's just hard to believe sometimes that God would want someone so prideful and full of himself as president. lol.

That being said, if Trump does win, we don't know what God wants to use him for exactly.

Anyone would be better than Hillary!
Yes, I have predicted that Trump will be the next rider of the pale horse. And I have also said what God will use him for exactly. He will lead a 24-nation coalition in dropping "exceedingly great hail" on the latest face of the 7th head of Satan. And I have also predicted that this year a 24th Christian nation will be added to the coalition called NATO, completing the picture.Satan will be so soundly defeated that He wont be heard from again for a millennial.

Upvote 0