Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were stated those who remained faithful to Jesus as noted in the 1st RESURRECTION.

The resurrection that Jesus spoke of is those who believe in Him that it would be on the last day and He would send His angels to gather from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens. Paul stated we would have bodies not of the dust of the earth. Paul also stated those left alive on earth on that day would be caught up and they also would be clothed with immortality.

Who do you believe will be resurrected and what type bodies will they have?

Thank you for asking. Those who are not in the Body of Christ will be given earthly bodies as Adam`s was in the beginning. That was God`s plan and nothing changed except to put down rebellion and make a way through Christ for this to happen.

those in the Body of Christ are made for the realms above and thus will have a body (spiritual body, 1 Cor. 15: 44) like unto the Lord`s which can go through realms.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for asking. Those who are not in the Body of Christ will be given earthly bodies as Adam`s was in the beginning. That was God`s plan and nothing changed except to put down rebellion and make a way through Christ for this to happen.

those in the Body of Christ are made for the realms above and thus will have a body (spiritual body, 1 Cor. 15: 44) like unto the Lord`s which can go through realms.
Who are you defining as not in the body of Christ but will be resurrected with a body of the dust of the earth?
Do you consider them righteous or unrighteous?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are you defining as not in the body of Christ but will be resurrected with a body of the dust of the earth?
Do you consider them righteous or unrighteous?

No one will get resurrected with a body of dust, as that is fallen man. The OT saints get a new body to live in the New Jerusalem and people who will be on the new earth, (Rev. 21: 24) will have bodies as Adam did BEFORE the fall.

God will still have what He planned in the very beginning.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one will get resurrected with a body of dust, as that is fallen man. The OT saints get a new body to live in the New Jerusalem and people who will be on the new earth, (Rev. 21: 24) will have bodies as Adam did BEFORE the fall.

God will still have what He planned in the very beginning.
Who told you that?

• Winner
Reactions: Nux
Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On the earth - (Rev. 21: 24)
In the New Jerusalem - (Heb. 11: 16)
In the third heaven - (Rev. 3: 21)
None of that speaks of a resurrection of just OT saints in bodies of the dust of the earth. Adams body was of the dust of the earth.

Jesus said to the Israelite's that those who listen to and learn from the Father will come to Him and its His Fathers will that He raise them up on the last day. He's clearly speaking of the living not OT saints.
About that resurrection He stated He would send out His angels to gather the elect from the ends of the heavens to the ends of the earth. The resurrection of ALL. Those OT saints found worthy and all those who came to Jesus by faith from that point in time up until the last day.

Its one family
I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

And about the resurrected body Paul stated its spiritual. "What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later"

Those left alive on earth on that day are caught up and "clothed" with immortality.

There is no distinction made of OT saints with carbon based bodies vs those that came to Christ in regard to the resurrection.
The resurrected body is just as Paul taught. He did not state what you state.

The new Jerusalem is 1000 years after the resurrection. And the Father Himself will come down and dwell with man. There will be no more death.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of that speaks of a resurrection of just OT saints in bodies of the dust of the earth. Adams body was of the dust of the earth.

Jesus said to the Israelite's that those who listen to and learn from the Father will come to Him and its His Fathers will that He raise them up on the last day. He's clearly speaking of the living not OT saints.
About that resurrection He stated He would send out His angels to gather the elect from the ends of the heavens to the ends of the earth. The resurrection of ALL. Those OT saints found worthy and all those who came to Jesus by faith from that point in time up until the last day.

Its one family
I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

And about the resurrected body Paul stated its spiritual. "What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later"

Those left alive on earth on that day are caught up and "clothed" with immortality.

There is no distinction made of OT saints with carbon based bodies vs those that came to Christ in regard to the resurrection.
The resurrected body is just as Paul taught. He did not state what you state.

The new Jerusalem is 1000 years after the resurrection. And the Father Himself will come down and dwell with man. There will be no more death.

Randy, you misread me. I didn`t say anyone was resurrected with the dust of the earth. Oh I see because Adam in the beginning before the fall was of the dust of the earth.... Ok, now I still believe that God will have those of the `nations` (Rev. 21: 24) as Adam was, as God said His creation was good. They will have access to the `tree of Life,` ie Christ`s life giving fruit and water from the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 22: 1 & 2)

Now you are mixing up what Jesus said to the people of Israel as to us. The revelation of the Body of Christ was NOT known or revealed when Jesus was on earth. The Lord only revealed it to the Apostle Paul later. Thus we are told specific for us that we shall be caught away to be with the Lord. We are not resurrected to this earth but changed to like the Lord to dwell in the realms above.

The Spirit of God will dwell in the city as all parts of the Great kingdom however the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven FROM GOD. He does not move His eternal throne which is beyond all created realms. It is His Spirit that dwells with man in these lower realms.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Randy, you misread me. I didn`t say anyone was resurrected with the dust of the earth. Oh I see because Adam in the beginning before the fall was of the dust of the earth.... Ok, now I still believe that God will have those of the `nations` (Rev. 21: 24) as Adam was, as God said His creation was good. They will have access to the `tree of Life,` ie Christ`s life giving fruit and water from the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 22: 1 & 2)

Now you are mixing up what Jesus said to the people of Israel as to us. The revelation of the Body of Christ was NOT known or revealed when Jesus was on earth. The Lord only revealed it to the Apostle Paul later. Thus we are told specific for us that we shall be caught away to be with the Lord. We are not resurrected to this earth but changed to like the Lord to dwell in the realms above.

The Spirit of God will dwell in the city as all parts of the Great kingdom however the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven FROM GOD. He does not move His eternal throne which is beyond all created realms. It is His Spirit that dwells with man in these lower realms.
The Gospel was preached to Israel. How does it not apply to the whole world?
This is not unique to Israel and was preached and applies to the living not OT saints=>Those who listen to and learn from the Father come to me.
And in regard to those who the Father gave Him Jesus said its His Fathers will to raise them up on the last day.

Paul taught about the resurrected body and it was not a body of the dust of the earth.
There is no teaching of OT saints being raised with bodies of the dust of the earth.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel was preached to Israel. How does it not apply to the whole world?
This is not unique to Israel and was preached and applies to the living not OT saints=>Those who listen to and learn from the Father come to me.
And in regard to those who the Father gave Him Jesus said its His Fathers will to raise them up on the last day.

Paul taught about the resurrected body and it was not a body of the dust of the earth.
There is no teaching of OT saints being raised with bodies of the dust of the earth.

So what was preached to Israel? (That Jesus died and rose again and is seated at the right hand of the Father?) Now they had the good news that God would restore their land and people to Himself and make them rulers over the nations. They are an earthly nation and thus have an earthly inheritance.

You are confusing what Jesus said to Israel and then what He said after He ascended to His Body. Two different times for different purposes. Remember the Body of Christ was NOT revealed by Jesus when He was on earth.

And note there will be nations ON the new earth with bodies as Adam had. That was not an oops by God, but He said His creation was GOOD. (Rev. 21: 24)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what was preached to Israel? (That Jesus died and rose again and is seated at the right hand of the Father?) No they had the good news that God would restore their land and people to Himself and make them rulers over the nations. They are an earthly nation and thus have an earthly inheritance.

You are confusing what Jesus said to Israel and then what He said after He ascended to His Body. Two different times for different purposes. Remember the Body of Christ was NOT revealed by Jesus when He was on earth.

And note there will be nations ON the new earth with bodies as Adam had. That was not an oops by God, but He said His creation was GOOD. (Rev. 21: 24)
The resurrection was preached as well.
This was to the living not OT saints and such believers would be part of the body of Christ.
Jesus-Those that listen to the Father and learn from Him come to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The resurrection was preached as well.
This was to the living not OT saints and such believers would be part of the body of Christ.

Sorry Randy I seem to have missed your comments. Not quite sure what you are saying. Can you explain again please?

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry Randy I seem to have missed your comments. Not quite sure what you are saying. Can you explain again please?
This would apply to the living not the dead.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This would apply to the living not the dead.

I think we agree on most points. Many people will have `spiritual bodies,` (as you said) however we need to remember that Adam was of the `dust of the earth,` & made `good.` Then he could have lived forever as God said. (Gen. 3: 22) It would mean partaking of the Lord, the tree of life. So my thoughts are that the people, the nations on the new earth will be similar. (Rev. 21: 24)

God`s original purpose for man will still be for them, others will have glorified bodies, (Body of Christ & OT saints), I believe.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think we agree on most points. Many people will have `spiritual bodies,` (as you said) however we need to remember that Adam was of the `dust of the earth,` & made `good.` Then he could have lived forever as God said. (Gen. 3: 22) It would mean partaking of the Lord, the tree of life. So my thoughts are that the people, the nations on the new earth will be similar. (Rev. 21: 24)

God`s original purpose for man will still be for them, others will have glorified bodies, (Body of Christ & OT saints), I believe.
The body of Christ certainly as Jesus taught will be raised on the last day. I believe Abraham, Issac, and Jacob and countless others who died before Christ came will be in that gathering, (from the ends of the heavens to the ends of the earth)
I believe in the only teaching of the resurrected body. Not of the dust of the earth but in the order of spirit as flesh and blood can not inherit eternity. I believe on that last day those saints alive on earth will be caught up so they also can be "clothed" with immortality.
I believe in one resurrection of the righteous and one resurrection of the unrighteous.

It is noted in the 1st resurrection in revelation those that remained faithful to "Jesus" They must by of the body of Christ. Therefore those not raised that day must be those who suffer.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The body of Christ certainly as Jesus taught will be raised on the last day. I believe Abraham, Issac, and Jacob and countless others who died before Christ came will be in that gathering, (from the ends of the heavens to the ends of the earth)
I believe in the only teaching of the resurrected body. Not of the dust of the earth but in the order of spirit as flesh and blood can not inherit eternity. I believe on that last day those saints alive on earth will be caught up so they also can be "clothed" with immortality.
I believe in one resurrection of the righteous and one resurrection of the unrighteous.

It is noted in the 1st resurrection in revelation those that remained faithful to "Jesus" They must by of the body of Christ. Therefore those not raised that day must be those who suffer.

We need to remember that the church is already in heaven, in the General Assembly and thus will not be raised from the dead on the last day. They are already IN Christ. (Heb. 12: 23)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need to remember that the church is already in heaven, in the General Assembly and thus will not be raised from the dead on the last day. They are already IN Christ. (Heb. 12: 23)
I don't need to remember what isn't so.

So who are those who listen to and learn from the Father that go to "Jesus" if they are not members of the body of Christ?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to remember what isn't so.

So who are those who listen to and learn from the Father that go to "Jesus" if they are not members of the body of Christ?

They were the OT saints, the just men (& women) who are now in the General Assembly. (Heb. 12: 22 & 23)

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They were the OT saints, the just men (& women) who are now in the General Assembly. (Heb. 12: 22 & 23)
No ,He was speaking to/about the living.

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The church is just a name for all restored to pre fallen nature condition. All on earth are descendants of Adam. It does not matter who or what parents were there or where, at certain times. It is not about ethnicity nor even any belief system. There are two general body resurrections. They are considered body resurrections because it brought those as one group from one state of existence to another one.

The first one happened when Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished." This was the last day for the OT saints. All in Christ from Adam to Lazarus would be taken out of sheol, and it was done as one resurrection. They walked the streets for 3.5 days. Then with Jesus Christ as their Shepherd, they all ascended to Paradise as one group.

The second resurrection as one body is at the first day of the 1000 year reign of Christ. The harvest of the Trumpets and Thunders where the sheep and wheat was harvested produced dead once again in the dust. Then there were those beheaded who did not take the mark 666. This group of people will be resurrected to live on the earth for 1000 years. They have new bodies, but not the same as the church. They have the ability to have more children. They will not be judged as sinners at the GWT, but they do not have glorified bodies yet.

The dead before the GWT at the end are not resurrected. They are not given new bodies. They are sent to the lake of fire. Now if there is a resurrection then, it will be God's knowledge only. We are not told specific details. God is Sovereign and can save whom He pleases at the last hour. Those who labored for God all their life, can not be bitter nor negate the state of souls who only lived one hour for God.

There is one more group considered resurrected, but it is not bodily, nor in one group. The church age does not have a bodily resurrection. Paul has been misunderstood for the last 1900 years. In this age the soul does not have to go to sheol at all. That was the only need for a resurrection. We do not go to sheol. We will not be resurrected from sheol. Never, no intermediate, get more better, stomping ground. Paul clarified by stating, "Absent from the body, present with the Lord." Every time a person in Christ dies they are "resurrected". They rise first, before the living. It is not a mystery, we shall not all sleep. But not even those in Paradise, currently have glorified bodies. The OT had to wait until Christ to enter Paradise. The whole church and OT saints have to wait until the 5th and 6th seal to receive their glorified bodies. Then and only then will humanity be restored to Adam's original condition. Physical and spiritual reality will be restored as one complete physical state like God created in Genesis 1. We will all understand what the creation was at the 6th seal.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The second resurrection as one body is at the first day of the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Rev 20 calls that "the first resurrection" - because John is looking into the future - you have a previous resurrection in your list - the one in Matthew 27... but that is in John's past so he does not mention it.. and besides Rev 19 is describing the second coming - so definitely the first resurrection happens at the second coming.... premill.

• Winner
Upvote 0