Stafford
✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lord have mercy. May He hear the prayers and supplications of everyone in this thread.

I have some important and rather imposing medical procedures going on tomorrow. Please, friends, if you can help me with your prayers even though I do not deserve them, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

I pray you'll have peace in front of the imposing procedures, that the procedures will go well and without complication, and that recovery will be smooth.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy! Heal Euodius of fever and all maladies.

Just an update, in gratitude for all your prayers and proof that God is the almighty physician of our souls and bodies, and He heals and comforts all who come to Him, according to His will: I heard back from the doctor today (I had two exploratory procedures, because it was suspected due to ongoing extreme digestive problems that I might have either cancer or pre-cancer in some part of my digestive tract), and received a mostly clean bill of health. The problems that they found were not cancer of any kind, and are mostly manageable with changes in diet. And here's the big thing: I had been diagnosed with a digestive disorder at around age 20 (17-18 years ago), and there was no evidence of that disorder in my digestive tract in the latest tests. Not in the sense of "It's not active right now"...there is literally no evidence that I have it period. The doctor suspects that it was a misdiagnosis years ago by the initial doctor, as these kinds of symptoms (not being able to digest certain foods, leading to disturbingly rapid weight loss -- I had to drop out of school for a year after I lost 40 lbs in about a month and couldn't even have water without getting violently ill) can point to several different things, and many doctors use the diagnosis I was given as a kind of 'catch all' when they really can't make a more specific diagnosis.

So on the one hand I am extremely relieved (and shocked!) to find out that this disorder I had been living with (or thought I had been living with) for almost two decades is now completely gone/absent, and I am free to change my diet accordingly! This is such a blessing, as the restrictions were very heavy (highlights: no bread except for white/sourdough, almost no fruits due to the skins and seeds, no raw vegetables due to the tough to digest cellulose, etc.), and basically doomed me to have the worst/most unhealthy diet a person can have, because the alternative where I would eat that stuff and wreck my fragile digestive system and eventually end up in the hospital/dead was too risky.

This is a life-changer for me. Thank you, God. All praise is due to the all-holy, perfect Trinity, the One God Who has guided the medical professionals to the proper treatment, and accordingly saved me from persistent misery in this aspect of my life. There will probably be an adjustment period (I imagine it will be difficult to reintegrate all of these things I've been denied for so long), but I am just so happy. I can't describe what a joy this is. Praise God! As the Copts would say, thanks be to God, I took the blessing! (Neshkorallah, akhadni el baraka)

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will say a prayer of thanksgiving for our brother Jeremy's medical news. Glory to God for all things!

Further, I want to make a note here (in asking for your prayers) that what is going on with COVID around the world is not a political issue, although some will try to politicize it. It is a plague that touches the heart of who we are (Christians, and humans) and it is not going to go away anytime soon.

This is an opportunity for us to pray and mean it. And to live our prayer by doing what we can to reduce the spread of the virus.

Eternal God, King of all creation, heavenly Physician of our souls and bodies who hast sent Thine Only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, to heal all our ailments and deliver us from death, do Thou visit and heal Thy servants who suffer and restore them to health. Grant a spirit of wisdom to medical workers and to all through whose labors and actions Thou canst mitigate the effects of the plague that troubles our race. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Euodius

Are you kitten me right meow?
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2019
Stafford
✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please pray for a friend of mine who just got out of prison for the first time in 8 years (since he was 16.) Thank God for his release and pray that he can establish himself in the outside world. He's a good kid.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Pray that God grant me the wisdom necessary to attend to this situation we face and the strength of body to weather it so I can be there for my family.

I will pray for you aall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy!

For all I know, I probably caught the Coronavirus yesterday at the grocery store. Went there to get groceries (in a face mask, practicing 6' of social distancing as best as I personally could when surrounded by people not in masks and not maintaining that distance); came home with groceries and a fever. The fever is gone as of this morning, but I still feel like hot garbage. Coughing, having a weird 'catch' in my breathing (if you've had the flu where it goes into your chest/lungs, you know what I mean)...the whole nine yards. I don't even trust my thermometer, if I'm honest.

Well, no more going outside for me, unless it's to do laundry in the laundry room or to get the mail (both things very nearby on the apartment property), and even then I'm not happy about the prospect. I honestly don't know what I could have done differently, as I can't control what other people do, and obviously there are a lot of younger people (and some older) out there who may have it without realizing it and pass it on very easily.

Even if it isn't COVID-19 (and I really have no way to know; you have to be very, very sick or very, very wealthy or both before they will test you...why it's not a priority to test every man, woman, and child in the country, I don't know), it's a lousy situation. I thank God that this seems relatively mild compared to how it could be, but then of course I also realize that there's nothing stopping it from going that way in my case, too. Nothing but prayers and my own determination to self-isolate. Please pray for me, if you can. Thank you.

I pray for everyone facing uncertain situations like this one. Lord have mercy on us all!

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Dear TAW people,

Please pray for my father, John. He has hepatic encephalopathy (liver damage leading to dementia-like symptoms), but is too mentally erratic to properly treat himself, and too stubborn to listen to anyone else (i.e., me, or his own brother, friends, etc.) regarding how he needs to get treatment. I just received a phone call from a Washington state trooper that he was stopped this morning after being observed driving erratically in Spokane, WA (14 hours north of his hometown...) in his truck, the side of which has been "completely totaled" (trooper's words) in some kind of earlier accident. He was taken to the hospital via ambulance and is currently in the ER. I called the hospital immediately, but could not get through to his case manager there.

Because of the burden his behavior has placed on the family, I'm pretty much his last connection to the outside world. I am in Sacramento, CA -- even further from Spokane, WA -- and am in no condition to deal with any of this. The rest of the family have essentially washed their hands of him after repeated nonsensical threats (e.g., "I'm going to get a lawyer and get your house taken away!"...for some reason?), and while he has never made such threats to me, I have had him forcibly committed to 48 hour observation in a mental hospital, forcibly taken to the ER, etc. in the recent past. I had hoped he would turn himself around with proper treatment of his medical condition, but obviously things have gone the other way. I am past the end of my rope at this point. I love him dearly, but he essentially checked out of reality a long time ago. I just called his brother and told him about this latest development and he basically said that this is good, because there is a higher possibility of the hospital being able to place him in some kind of assisted living arrangement than if it was left to any of us, as he would only fight us on it and abuse us for the very suggestion, as he already had taken to doing to me some years ago when I wouldn't "come get him" from the ER in our hometown, which he was stuck in for six months after having some kind of stroke and slipping into a coma.

I am overwhelmed and tired beyond my ability to express it, and it is crushing my soul watching him deteriorate more and more, even from afar like this. It seems he is not long for this world, and truthfully I am beginning to think that his passing away would be a more merciful release from what I must imagine is a very low quality of life, or at least better than keeping him alive to struggle against his own failing brain would be (knowing how much he hates how everyone "tells him what to do", as he puts it of the family, the doctors, etc). Now he is alive, but he is not there. Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0