✟17,446.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dear Brother and Sisters in Christ,

I wanted to ask for your prayers. Currently, I am in the beginning stages of communicating with some priests about trying to start an Orthodox Christian singles ministry for those that want to get married. Throughout time I've been hearing from our singles that are interested in getting married and they aren't finding anyone for various reasons. I would appreciate your prayers in regards to this and Lord willing it is comes about then for a few of our singles to step forward to help with this ministry.

All the best,
Donna Marie
I will

Upvote 0

ILiekCatz

Jan 31, 2020
Leipzig
✟17,446.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'd would be grateful if someone here prayed for me. My story is long, but I will try to make it short. As I said in my introduction, I used to be pagan. I have prayed to - i suppose they are idols - twice, I think. What disillusioned me with christianity was not some sort of hatred of Jesus (though I often pretended it was during debates with christians, just so that I could provoke my opponents), but the fact that christianity seemed anti-nationalist and pro-globalist. It also seemed to me that if the Christian God were THE God, then he would have revealed himself to more people than merely one irrelevant tribe of the Levant.

My struggle against Christianity was more political than spiritual, though later down the line it became philosophical as well. But one day I decided to look up what the Orthodox view about something was (I think it was arguments against reincarnation/metempsychosis). After that, I kept reading article after article after article and found myself coming back to the Orthodox Church. And by doing this, I took a good look at myself and saw how flawed I am. And I seriously do not know if I am deserving of God's love.

I wrote that last sentence with trepidation, because my father says that exaggerated humility is merely another aspect of arrogance. Still. I have blasphemed against the Lord and spoken mockingly against several of the early saints. In my wallet, I keep a small picture of Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus. It was given to me by my mother, and for that sole reason, I kept it even when I was pagan. Once I spat at it in anger. I do not quite remember the reason for the anger.

I have many, many other flaws and fears at the moment. If I wrote about them all, it would take a long time, so for now I will leave it at this.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brother and Sisters in Christ,

I wanted to ask for your prayers. Currently, I am in the beginning stages of communicating with some priests about trying to start an Orthodox Christian singles ministry for those that want to get married. Throughout time I've been hearing from our singles that are interested in getting married and they aren't finding anyone for various reasons. I would appreciate your prayers in regards to this and Lord willing it is comes about then for a few of our singles to step forward to help with this ministry.

All the best,
Donna Marie

Lord have mercy! may it be blessed!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'd would be grateful if someone here prayed for me. My story is long, but I will try to make it short. As I said in my introduction, I used to be pagan. I have prayed to - i suppose they are idols - twice, I think. What disillusioned me with christianity was not some sort of hatred of Jesus (though I often pretended it was during debates with christians, just so that I could provoke my opponents), but the fact that christianity seemed anti-nationalist and pro-globalist. It also seemed to me that if the Christian God were THE God, then he would have revealed himself to more people than merely one irrelevant tribe of the Levant.

My struggle against Christianity was more political than spiritual, though later down the line it became philosophical as well. But one day I decided to look up what the Orthodox view about something was (I think it was arguments against reincarnation/metempsychosis). After that, I kept reading article after article after article and found myself coming back to the Orthodox Church. And by doing this, I took a good look at myself and saw how flawed I am. And I seriously do not know if I am deserving of God's love.

I wrote that last sentence with trepidation, because my father says that exaggerated humility is merely another aspect of arrogance. Still. I have blasphemed against the Lord and spoken mockingly against several of the early saints. In my wallet, I keep a small picture of Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus. It was given to me by my mother, and for that sole reason, I kept it even when I was pagan. Once I spat at it in anger. I do not quite remember the reason for the anger.

I have many, many other flaws and fears at the moment. If I wrote about them all, it would take a long time, so for now I will leave it at this.

Lord have mercy!

• Friendly
Reactions: ILiekCatz
Upvote 0

ILiekCatz

Jan 31, 2020
Leipzig
✟17,446.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Pray for me... I am at critical risk for hurting myself. I have forever lost the future which is best. I am unforgivable.

hey. i was skimming through the comments and read this. if you're comfortable with it, can I dm you and see if I can help you with anything? or you can just vent, if that's your preference...

Reactions: Euodius
Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My mom's been struggling with illness of aching joins and muscles. some days can barely stand. I pray for her to get better and ask you guys for your prayers as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Euodius

Are you kitten me right meow?
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2019
Stafford
✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please pray for my relationship. The core of myself has been shown to be incoherent. I am incoherent and lacking a stable identity - causing great suffering to those I love the most. I'm mentally ill and causing a lot of issues. Any advice would be appreciated, but I need prayers.

Upvote 0