Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I should ask for prayer. I have a job interview tomorrow.

I can't remember if I've shared here. I've worked as a substitute teacher for the past 5 years or so, and been thinking of getting out of it for the past some months. I debated taking my own class. But the schools are just getting frustrating and depressing to work in.

But earlier this year I discovered a program I LOVE - working with special ed students in a transitional (to adulthood) program. They don't have openings for teachers but there is a parapro position open. It would get my foot in the door, and I LOVE working with the interns. The environment is like day vs night compared to most other classes.

Anyway. The pay is terrible lol. And I couldn't go to weekday liturgies or our parish Bible study anymore. But I LOVE the program, so after seeking in prayer, I'm going to go for it.

Prayers appreciated!

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for those listed recently, especially rus.

Another request for your prayers. I am frightened. Thank you very much. I will pray for TAW (members and guests) and CF and if anyone wants actually to be added to my list, just PM me and you will be.
You, rus and many others are in my daily prayers.

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am unexpectedly boarding an airplane to LA right now in the hopes that I can see my mom, Judith, for a brief time before she departs this life. She had several cardiac arrest this morning and it's very unlikely to recover. Since she also had ALS a quick but painless passing would be a blessing, but still breaks my heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am unexpectedly boarding an airplane to LA right now in the hopes that I can see my mom, Judith, for a brief time before she departs this life. She had several cardiac arrest this morning and it's very unlikely to recover. Since she also had ALS a quick but painless passing would be a blessing, but still breaks my heart.
Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Lord have mercy !

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And my interview was rescheduled - they called right before I left (and I'd turned my ringer off so it wouldn't make sounds during the interview).

Oh dear :(

Prayers that you get a new date for this quickly

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy! Prayers for you, your mother, your family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh dear :(

Prayers that you get a new date for this quickly
Oh it's not a major thing for me, especially given the other requests here. Because the post is vacant, I can be working there as a temp anyway - it's just to my benefit to be doing so as a regular employee ASAP.

Thankfully I can continue working as much as I want and I don't have to give notice in my current position.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on Judith!

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your prayers. My mother departed this life this morning. I was able to be with her for several hours last night. She wasn't responsive, but I got to say my good byes and pray for her.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your prayers. My mother departed this life this morning. I was able to be with her for several hours last night. She wasn't responsive, but I got to say my good byes and pray for her.
May the Lord remember her in His Kingdom!

Upvote 0