Lanarkshire
✟18,357.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yet they paid a temporal cost for their past transgressions. Moses did not enter the Promised Land, God said of Paul "For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.” David and Bathsheba lost their son.

They were not given rewards for their sinful behavior.

Where did I post they did not?

Acts 9:15-16 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for this man is a chosen instrument of mine [a vessel of election for me] to carry my name before Gentiles, kings, and Israelites, 16 and I will show him what he will have to suffer for my name."
Like all Christians, Saul will be called to take up the cross of Christ which can lead to personal suffering. But his suffering may also be the penance that is required for his past sins against the innocent. God is merciful and forgiving. As I already mentioned. His suffering puts him in the same class as God's holy prophets who suffered in obedience to their divinely appointed missions "men like Moses, Jeremiah, Zechariah, and the supreme prophet Jesus Christ. And as I already mentioned.
Yes a damned and destitute sinner coming to Jesus Christ in sorrowful repentance Glorifies God. Did Plouman repent before Francis or ask him for absolution?

Again. When they respond to His grace and change their lives. Isaiah 43:25 – I am He who blots out your transgressions and forgets your sins. - Ezek. 36:26-27 – a new heart I will give you and a new spirit I will put within you. These are interior changes effected by God. - Acts 22:16; 1 Cor. 6:11 – the phrase “wash away” is from the word “apolouo” which mean a literal removal or an infusion of cleansing.

Acts 9:1-5 - "But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Now as he journeyed he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed about him. And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting..." It was God who came to Saul!

As the Vatican stated this was a diplomatic gesture. Is it your position Francis awarded this to evoke a change to honor Church teachings on abortion. I don't even know if the woman is Catholic.

Nothing of the sort. I posted the link to balance up the unfairness!

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did I post they did not?

Acts 9:15-16 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for this man is a chosen instrument of mine [a vessel of election for me] to carry my name before Gentiles, kings, and Israelites, 16 and I will show him what he will have to suffer for my name."
Like all Christians, Saul will be called to take up the cross of Christ which can lead to personal suffering. But his suffering may also be the penance that is required for his past sins against the innocent. God is merciful and forgiving. As I already mentioned. His suffering puts him in the same class as God's holy prophets who suffered in obedience to their divinely appointed missions "men like Moses, Jeremiah, Zechariah, and the supreme prophet Jesus Christ. And as I already mentioned.

Again. When they respond to His grace and change their lives. Isaiah 43:25 – I am He who blots out your transgressions and forgets your sins. - Ezek. 36:26-27 – a new heart I will give you and a new spirit I will put within you. These are interior changes effected by God. - Acts 22:16; 1 Cor. 6:11 – the phrase “wash away” is from the word “apolouo” which mean a literal removal or an infusion of cleansing.

Acts 9:1-5 - "But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Now as he journeyed he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed about him. And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting..." It was God who came to Saul!

Nothing of the sort. I posted the link to balance up the unfairness!
I believe my point was how does this all apply to an abortion advocate who is not repentant?

Your post comes off as Francis awarding this medal to change hearts and minds. If so, I think you are mistaken.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pope Francis has conferred the title of “Commander of the Pontifical Equestrian Order of St. Gregory the Great” on Lilianne Ploumen, a Dutch politician and vocal agitator for abortion rights.
Last year, Ploumen founded a pro-abortion organization called She Decides, which offers funding and support for international NGOs that provide, facilitate or campaign for abortion.

Speaks like the dragon
Don't people have anything better to do than make foolish accusations against pope Francis? Really?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't people have anything better to do than make foolish accusations against pope Francis? Really?
What was the foolish accusation? The "speaks like a dragon" or the fact he awarded the medal to a well known abortion advocate?

Upvote 0

oOKnights TemplarOo

Dec 29, 2017
Lanarkshire
✟18,357.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I believe my point was how does this all apply to an abortion advocate who is not repentant?

Your post comes off as Francis awarding this medal to change hearts and minds. If so, I think you are mistaken.

I have been making the point all along perfectly: Phil. 2:13 – God is at work “in you.” God is so powerful, he can actually transform us by working in us.

Although the story is answered in a different light to hers in claiming the reason she received the medal. And the Vaticans, that was not the reason for giving her the medal.

God working in her might provoke a change in her heart. God can give anyone the chance to repent.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess it is the International Year Of The Anti-Christs,

sponsored by the UN.
Well we should be suspicious of any nation which is called the Netherlands, yet also Holland and the people called Dutch! :)

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me but if Christ forgave you freely when you did not deserve it. Why will you not do the same? And WHY are your sins forgiven but theirs are not? Did not Christ DIE already for the world? Is your sin your lie your bad thought or unforgiveness ..what better in the sight of God then their sin? And if they are not saved.. then you want to them to KNOW Christ. Look how you talk and treat them that are not here. WHY would they want your Jesus? Love them forgive them do you? Oh we TAKE IT from Christ so easy.. just don't give it so easily. :)

And NONE of them are here. This helps them? Are we talking positively or negatively about them? They don't answer to you. Your not their God. If one wanted to see truth then ask. To know this is going on day in day out you prayed how many hours days weeks months years about it? Did you pray at all? See to bring something like this before GOD.. He is not going to talk about them.. thats between HIM and them. But He WILL talk about YOU.

Yes its wrong yes its evil. And EACH has to answer for what they did. Every talk to one thats done this? You dont know personally the pain suffering one has. I do. Show them the WAY OUT..the way you took

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole content of the original post.
Well the awarding of the medal was an exercise in poor judgment.

I will note this has nothing to do with papal infallibility.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Except that the Pope doesn't condone abortion, so...

Then he has idiots for support people that would allow this to happen. The optics are not good.

We all have to answer to the Creator/Judge for our actions and beliefs, that includes every human that has ever lived and some angles.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The whole content of the original post.

WOW most of it was cut and past from a news article. Based on other posts in this thread with comments from the recipient of the award I would say the fools were in the vatican for allowing this to happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rubbish - media rubbish.

Never believe in what you read in the media.

satan/evil works through the media and its reporting.

Ask Pope Francis yourself and go to the Vatican for the accurate facts/truth.

Are you saying that the comments from the recipient of the award are rubbish?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WOW most of it was cut and past from a news article. Based on other posts in this thread with comments from the recipient of the award I would say the fools were in the vatican for allowing this to happen.
One cannot help but think that the original post is a biased anti-catholic view of an non-noteworthy news story.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Pope Francis Honors Dutch Abortion Activist with Pontifical Medal of Knighthood - Bing

Pope Francis Honors Dutch Abortion Activist with Pontifical Medal of Knighthood Allsorce.com

Ploumen-09_645_662_55.jpg

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Pope Francis has conferred the title of “Commander of the Pontifical Equestrian Order of St. Gregory the Great” on Lilianne Ploumen, a Dutch politician and vocal agitator for abortion rights.
Last year, Ploumen founded a pro-abortion organization called She Decides, which offers funding and support for international NGOs that provide, facilitate or campaign for abortion.

Speaks like the dragon

Now I know why I'm creeped out in an Adventist hospital. This attitude you have seems more sectarian and uncharitable than what I recognize as genuinely Christian. The contempt for Catholicism, and the desire to constantly jab at every perceived failing, isn't endearing me to your church.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Now I know why I'm creeped out in an Adventist hospital. This attitude you have seems more sectarian and uncharitable than what I recognize as genuinely Christian. The contempt for Catholicism, and the desire to constantly jab at every perceived failing, isn't endearing me to your church.

You are listed as a Lutheran. I believe what Luther taught do you?

Upvote 0