Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How can a Catholic be in communion with the pope if he doesn’t want anything to do with him?

For faithful Catholics, the pontificate of Francis has been like trying to survive 12 rounds with a heavyweight champion. Let’s review a few of the hits:

“Who am I to judge?”
“Breeding like rabbits”
“A plurality of religions is willed by God”
Cozying up to pro-abortion politicians
A disgraceful deal with the Chinese Communist Party
Promoting the work of Fr. James Martin
The scandalous Pontifical Academy for Life appointments
And that’s just off the top of my head! I’m sure you could rattle off many more. After nine years of this pontificate, most of us feel at least a bit woozy.

This unseemly situation can lead to some real soul-searching. As Catholics we are pre-programmed to respect, even like, our popes. But if we are being honest, Francis is a difficult man either to like or respect. His antagonism towards traditional and orthodox Catholics indicates that the feeling is mutual. Such distaste leads to the inevitable question: how can a Catholic be in communion with the pope if he doesn’t want anything to do with him?

Continued below.

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,357.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So sorry for the state of your church. Even as a protestant a Lutheran no less, I felt your pain. It is very observable how the church the sit of St Peter slips further and further away from the spirit it was found on.

Humans are fallible creatures but take heart the Lord is same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
St Jude 11:

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

b. The Way of Cain was a false salvation based upon on human merit. He gave his leftovers, not his choicest. He became jealous til he murdered.

c. The Error of Balaam was the wickedness of using religion as a means of making money.

d. The Gainsaying of Core (Korah in the Old Testament) was personal pride and a thirst for power and position that caused him to question and stand against the authority that God gave to Moses.

I ponder, with the state of the world, and rebellousness [are we being tested?] does the Lord turn His face from us?

The Pope is allowed his opinions and live in error as do any humans, or priests.
I have noted this; for all the errors he himself may join in, he has not touched teaching.

Perhaps the Lord allows us these tests... but also proves He is still at the helm.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
FWIW - this has occurred throughout history.

Not every human is gonna be a wonderful teacher. Take the good, pick over the bad and pray for them because the more one is given the harder their judgment.
Love others. Fear for the Lord, fear for all and in charity pray.

I ponder the many times Pope Francis gets it right, but nobody speaks on it. The news, and half the time we know they love sensationalism because it sells, because it brings in numbers... only reports the unsavory pieces.

As for the unsavory pieces... it saddens me, for the Pope for he could be in peril. Of which we don't know. And for those who are weak and might slip away from the faith.

But the enemy sows seeds and laughs at humans. The thing is, those evil poison darts could be indistinguishable without constant ferverent prayer.

Upvote 0

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟42,255.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
How can a Catholic be in communion with the pope if he doesn’t want anything to do with him?

For faithful Catholics, the pontificate of Francis has been like trying to survive 12 rounds with a heavyweight champion. Let’s review a few of the hits:

“Who am I to judge?”
“Breeding like rabbits”
“A plurality of religions is willed by God”
Cozying up to pro-abortion politicians
A disgraceful deal with the Chinese Communist Party
Promoting the work of Fr. James Martin
The scandalous Pontifical Academy for Life appointments
And that’s just off the top of my head! I’m sure you could rattle off many more. After nine years of this pontificate, most of us feel at least a bit woozy.

This unseemly situation can lead to some real soul-searching. As Catholics we are pre-programmed to respect, even like, our popes. But if we are being honest, Francis is a difficult man either to like or respect. His antagonism towards traditional and orthodox Catholics indicates that the feeling is mutual. Such distaste leads to the inevitable question: how can a Catholic be in communion with the pope if he doesn’t want anything to do with him?

Continued below.
Sometimes, people stay in the CC despite all the Hell that the popes can unloose on the Church. Joan of Arc stayed Catholic despite the Church's lust to murder her on trumped-up charges.

PF has done little that JP2 did not do. That pontificate was sheer Hades/Purgatory, but worse. The contrast between JP2, insisting on dying in harness, and B16, who resigned, makes the two of them a laughing-stock (and increases one's cynicism about the whole set-up).

JP2: "Fathers don't resign"
B16: "Hold my beer" [resigns]

On balance, thus far, Orgoglio (as I sometimes think of him) is perhaps slightly less atrocious than JP2. It is pretty much a foregone conclusion than Orgoglio will be canonised, in recognition of how "ever so 'umble" he is. A Saint would not have touted Maciel as an "efficacious guide for youth", as Wojtyła did.

To be "Frank", I think the CC is rotting from the head down, and needs to be put out of its misery - thanks for starting the ball rolling, Bad Pope John ! - ASAP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,587,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes, people stay in the CC despite all the Hell that the popes can unloose on the Church. Joan of Arc stayed Catholic despite the Church's lust to murder her on trumped-up charges.

PF has done little that JP2 did not do. That pontificate was sheer Hades/Purgatory, but worse. The contrast between JP2, insisting on dying in harness, and B16, who resigned, makes the two of them a laughing-stock (and increases one's cynicism about the whole set-up).

JP2: "Fathers don't resign"
B16: "Hold my beer" [resigns]

On balance, thus far, Orgoglio (as I sometimes think of him) is perhaps slightly less atrocious than JP2. It is pretty much a foregone conclusion than Orgoglio will be canonised, in recognition of how "ever so 'umble" he is. A Saint would not have touted Maciel as an "efficacious guide for youth", as Wojtyła did.

To be "Frank", I think the CC is rotting from the head down, and needs to be put out of its misery - thanks for starting the ball rolling, Bad Pope John ! - ASAP.
Catholic or not, have a little respect. Jesus said the gates of hell will not prevail.

Upvote 0