Lanarkshire
✟18,357.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yip, in the time of Noah God drowned the sin and not the sinners, RIGHT?
I have loved you just as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete. This is my commandment: love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:9-12

God judged mankind. God will judge all of mankind. That is His prerogative alone!

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
in·fal·li·bil·i·ty
inˌfaləˈbilədē/
noun
  1. the quality of being infallible; the inability to be wrong.
    Redifined by the RCC
    • (in the Roman Catholic Church) the doctrine that in specified circumstances the Pope is incapable of error in pronouncing dogma.
Only GOD is infallible
Anything that is true is infallibly true. If it is true it isn't wrong. You seem to think that infallibility is a personal attribute and not a property belonging to statements, propositions, and so forth. The alleged infallibility of the pope applies only to statements of dogma made by the popes and not to the person of the pope. No person is infallible though, as you may have indicated or not I am not sure, every statement made by God is true and hence it is infallible.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As recently as Nov 2017 Pope Francis called abortion “a horrendous crime” and a “very grave sin”. He’s totally consistent with the official Catholic teaching, a position which, BTW, many denominations aren’t brave enough to take and uphold.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As recently as Nov 2017 Pope Francis called abortion “a horrendous crime” and a “very grave sin”. He’s totally consistent with the official Catholic teaching, a position which, BTW, many denominations aren’t brave enough to take and uphold.
That shows me a man who changes his words for the approval of others and the benefit of himself.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What respect is due to the Catholic Church in your opinion?
True the Catholic Church isn't the best representation of Christianity nor does it have the best teachings on salvation but I think we should still respect Catholics as Christians I'm not exactly a fan of the Catholic Church either.

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, he wouldn't be the first "sideways" pope the RCC ever had. Sadly, he probably won't be the last.
And people wonder why many Catholics are becoming Protestants or Orthodox Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And people wonder why many Catholics are becoming Protestants or Orthodox Christians.
Well, there is no universal voice that speaks for the Orthodox on this matter, although I believe that the Orthodox Churches have by and large consistently taught against it, as has the RCC. Either way, Catholicism has been at the forefront of the pro-life movement -while Protestant objection is denomination or individual specific, some at the vanguard, some neutral, a few pro-death.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"a really bad doctrinal stance." For goodness sake! Matt. 13:47-50 – God’s plan is that the Church (the kingdom of heaven) is a net which catches fish of every kind, good and bad. God revealed this to us. Again your issue is with God!

Um that is a bad doctrinal stance. My response was in regards to a comment justifying the Pope propping up and celebrating an open abortion supporter. So to compare a man who actively support abortion with Paul the Apostle is well ludicrous, and bad doctrine.

Upvote 0

Boogaloo

Aug 10, 2017
Boston
✟18,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have loved you just as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete. This is my commandment: love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:9-12

God judged mankind. God will judge all of mankind. That is His prerogative alone!
I did not say no less, but God hates sin and the sinner so deal with it!

• Prayers
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True the Catholic Church isn't the best representation of Christianity nor does it have the best teachings on salvation but I think we should still respect Catholics as Christians I'm not exactly a fan of the Catholic Church either.
Perhaps you misunderstood my intention. I am asking what respect you believe it due to the Catholic Church. I made no comment about that church being fault prone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I have a dictionary
Excellent. Then you know it applies to statements and such as being right and true and not wrong or false. Infallibility means full and complete "truthinees" (yes I know it is an invented word from a comedian) rather than meaning personal truthfulness and reliability. A statement can be infallible. The person making it not so much. Paul wrote infallible scripture but Paul was not infallible. The same applies to all of the popes. They can make infallible statements without being constantly and perfectly truthful.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excellent. Then you know it applies to statements and such as being right and true and not wrong or false. Infallibility means full and complete "truthinees" (yes I know it is an invented word from a comedian) rather than meaning personal truthfulness and reliability. A statement can be infallible. The person making it not so much. Paul wrote infallible scripture but Paul was not infallible. The same applies to all of the popes. They can make infallible statements without being constantly and perfectly truthful.
So a conditional assured infallibility.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So a conditional assured infallibility.
Truth is not conditional. Truth is what infallibility is about.

Infallibility applies to statements and proposition etcetera as being right and true and not wrong or false. Infallibility means that a proposition is fully and completely true and accurate rather than meaning that the person who proposed the proposition is personally always truthful and reliable. A statement can be infallible. The person making it not so much. Paul wrote infallible scripture but Paul was not infallible. The same applies to all of the popes. They can make infallible statements without being constantly and perfectly truthful.

Upvote 0