Pfizer vaccine still NOT fully approved by FDA

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I remember saying in regards to someone that was anti-Covid "Hey, you're funeral". They took real offense to it for some reason, of course, when it comes to Covid, it is relevant. Pun intended I guess?

Maybe it subconsciously points out the cognitive dissonance in not being afraid of a disease that has killed millions, but afraid of vaccines which have killed nobody.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe it subconsciously points out the cognitive dissonance in not being afraid of a disease that has killed millions, but afraid of vaccines which have killed nobody.

yeah, it really stuck a nerve with that person.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A direct quote from near the top of the article:

In a stunning admission last week, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said that the vaccine may be making the disease worse, and said, “…we are seeing concerning evidence of waning vaccine effectiveness over time and against the Delta variant.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
A direct quote from near the top of the article:

In a stunning admission last week, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said that the vaccine may be making the disease worse, and said, “…we are seeing concerning evidence of waning vaccine effectiveness over time and against the Delta variant.

Where is the quote form Walensky about the vaccine maybe making the disease worse?

You posted a claim from the author that Walensky said it, but there is no quote from Walensky on that. You have a quote for other issues with the vaccine such as it’s effectiveness waning over time and it not being as strong against the Delta variant. But there is no quote from Walensky about the vaccine making the disease worse. Either the author is a terrible journalist and left out the most important quote for the story or the author is a charlatan and placing words in Walensky’s mouth. Which do you think it is?

Upvote 0

ForHimbyHim

May 18, 2020
Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because some people need truth delivered with a blunt instrument -- repeatedly if need be.
I would assume that you are doing this in love right? According to Corinthians love is not rude. You can still make your statement without being rude and giving yourself a high horse. If you really want people to hear you out, don't call them ignorant and call them names such as 'antivaxxer'.

That instantly put me off their post, people get that treatment on worldly platforms and here too? 'You will know them by their fruits'. If I was not on a Christian forum I would have already made assumptions based on the choice of your words.

Many people who have chosen to not get or to delay getting the covid vaccine are not antivaxxers. I for one have decided to hold off, even though I am vaccinated and all my children are vaccinated according to government protocols, plus boosters.

I am however concerned about a new vaccination process that was developed very fast, without at least 5-10 years trials. Suddenly my concern has become an ignorant antivaxxer. Not fair at all. I should just blindly follow science, even though science has been proved wrong many times before. Some things that were FDA approved were later shelf pulled. My concerns are not baseless. I actually hope this new way of vaccination thrives without long term issues.

Just leave your links there with a kind comment or a summary of the post, you don't lose anything.

However PP's choice of words put me off so much I just signed him off as a rude teenager who thinks they know it all and came off their high horse to 'help us ingnorants'. Keep your lofty knowledge PP.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't apologize for not using Leftist approved media.
But will you apologize for claiming Walensky said something she didn't say? Or are only leftists concerned about truth?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would assume that you are doing this in love right? According to Corinthians love is not rude. You can still make your statement without being rude and giving yourself a high horse. If you really want people to hear you out, don't call them ignorant and call them names such as 'antivaxxer'.

But of course it's done in love -- the question is, love for whom?

Consider:

A man walks unto the First National Bank, pulls out a shotgun, and demands money or else he's "gonna paint the [expletive deleted] walls with everyone's [expletive deleted] blood!"

Among the bank customers, however, is an off-duty police officer, who, when the robber's back is turned, draws his service revolver and puts three bullets in the miscreant's torso.

An extremely rude gesture -- to the robber. To the other bank patrons, most certainly a welcome act of love.

Utilitarianism -- that which does the most good to the most people is moral and right.

Besides, Paul didn't tell Corinth the whole story -- sometimes there is a need for "tough love."

That instantly put me off their post, people get that treatment on worldly platforms and here too? 'You will know them by their fruits'. If I was not on a Christian forum I would have already made assumptions based on the choice of your words.

As a non-Christian on a Christian forum, I've been called a lot worse by people who will tell you with a straight face they're doing it in Love... you get used to it -- or you don't, and leave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides, Paul didn't tell Corinth the whole story -- sometimes there is a need for "tough love."

Actually, Paul did use a bit of tough love:

It is actually reported that there is sexual sin among you. I’m told that a man is sleeping with his father’s wife. Even people who don’t know God don’t let that kind of sin continue.
Scripture says, “Get rid of that evil person!”
-- 1 Corinthians 5

He got even tougher with the Galatians:

I wish those who are urging you [to get circumcised] might also get themselves completely castrated! -- Galatians 5

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Actually, Paul did use a bit of tough love:

It is actually reported that there is sexual sin among you. I’m told that a man is sleeping with his father’s wife. Even people who don’t know God don’t let that kind of sin continue.
Scripture says, “Get rid of that evil person!”
-- 1 Corinthians 5

He got even tougher with the Galatians:

I wish those who are urging you [to get circumcised] might also get themselves completely castrated! -- Galatians 5

Well, there you go, then.

It's always troublesome to use Scripture out of context to justify or rebuke someone's behavior, and especially troublesome regarding Paul's epistles, as they are technically all out of context -- after all, he was responding to questions and issues in the various churches he helped establish, but we're only hearing his side of the discussions.

Answers are all well and nice, but they're of limited value if you don't know the questions... As Douglas Adams taught us all too well...

upload_2021-8-25_10-48-58.png

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, there you go, then.

It's always troublesome to use Scripture out of context to justify or rebuke someone's behavior, and especially troublesome regarding Paul's epistles, as they are technically all out of context -- after all, he was responding to questions and issues in the various churches he helped establish, but we're only hearing his side of the discussions.

Answers are all well and nice, but they're of limited value if you don't know the questions... As Douglas Adams taught us all too well...

View attachment 304920

But this issue was whether all Paul's instructions were nothing but rainbows and ponies...so all we need are his answers to resolve that issue.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't apologize for not using Leftist approved media. Continue believing however you wish. Your body, your choice.:oldthumbsup:

If you are going to attribute a quote to a public official, at least have the integrity to provide a citation.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If you are going to attribute a quote to a public official, at least have the integrity to provide a citation.

Citations? We don't need no stinking citations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't apologize for not using Leftist approved media. Continue believing however you wish. Your body, your choice.:oldthumbsup:

This isn’t an ideological problem. This is basic journalism. If you can’t directly quote someone for the big point of your story, you are a bad journalist. That might be what happened here. You directly defending on purely political grounds makes me think this isn’t a case of bad journalism and is something more underhanded like deliberately misrepresenting Walensky’s words for political gain. Which is it?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I remember saying in regards to someone that was anti-Covid "Hey, you're funeral". They took real offense to it for some reason, of course, when it comes to Covid, it is relevant. Pun intended I guess?

You're supposed to be tolerant of views that don't necessarily line up with your own. Society is a rainbow of opinions and viewpoints. We must be inclusive of people we don't agree with. We're all in this together. Let's all just get along.

Am I leaving out any other relevant liberal talking points?

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DELTA.. Less Effective......remain largely effective. Both haha from the left media man you can't make this stuff up.

Its lol sorry.. its strange if you read/search Google about "delta" variant you find those hospitals are "FULL" of mostly unvaccinated. Yet.. they never give you any numbers thats odd. I watched what real nurses have said about what they see first hand which is oddly no where here. The strange part is when you LEAVE the left media and go out side the USA. England hundreds of vaccinated hospitalized as of Aug 6th. I can talk about Israel and other countries.. another odd thing huh.

That "effective" man thats ALL over the place. So like always seems our "sources" for truth is being very selective.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
DELTA.. Less Effective......remain largely effective. Both haha from the left media man you can't make this stuff up.

Its lol sorry.. its strange if you read/search Google about "delta" variant you find those hospitals are "FULL" of mostly unvaccinated. Yet.. they never give you any numbers thats odd. I watched what real nurses have said about what they see first hand which is oddly no where here. The strange part is when you LEAVE the left media and go out side the USA. England hundreds of vaccinated hospitalized as of Aug 6th. I can talk about Israel and other countries.. another odd thing huh.

That "effective" man thats ALL over the place. So like always seems our "sources" for truth is being very selective.

It's so effective that they now want us to get a "booster shot" just 8 months after getting the original 2, and after only 6 months from getting the J&J.

This is what normal looks like.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's so effective that they now want us to get a "booster shot" just 8 months after getting the original 2, and after only 6 months from getting the J&J.

This is what normal looks like.

So? As I recall, receiving a series of vaccines -- MMR, etc.

Upvote 0