Not open for further replies.

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is just a fun thread. They do it sometimes over on the other forum I visit and they've even got one of these auf der CF Deutsch forum geposted!* It's easy, just hit "PrtSc SysRq" on your keyboard and then open up MS Pain and hit, CRTL + V. Then you can save the pic and share it! These threads are fun because we get to see all the neat background pics that everyone has!
Here's mine:
Desktop-1.jpg

* on the CF German forum posted!

Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Gasp! Proto are you a Linux user? Right on! I tired Ubuntu and liked it! Unfortunately all the programs I use are windows programs which don't run very well through wine, so I have to use windows. :/

PS
That's obviously not GNOME or KDE...so which gdm is that? How big is Pupply Linux btw (minimum required space)? I always thought it'd be nice to walk around with a Linux distro installed on my 512 USB stick so I could just plug it into a computer and boot to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I use both Windows and Linux. I'm going to be doing a project for my Professor at school with OpenSUSE over summer, so I'll probably be using that more than any other for a while.

Here's my current Windows desktop (just installed 7 for the fun of it today):

attachment.php

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gasp! Proto are you a Linux user? Right on! I tired Ubuntu and liked it! Unfortunately all the programs I use are windows programs which don't run very well through wine, so I have to use windows. :/

PS
That's obviously not GNOME or KUBUNTU...so which gdm is that? How big is Pupply Linux btw (minimum required space)? I always thought it'd be nice to walk around with a Linux distro installed on my 512 USB stick so I could just plug it into a computer and boot to it.
You mean Gnome or KDE. Kubuntu is a version of Ubuntu that uses KDE. :)

Puppy uses JWM on an X-Org graphics server.

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Windows 7?

You obviously haven't seen this:
shutdown_sucker.jpg

Read the story, here.

PS, I should've posted this as my desktop. ;)
Wow, that Matt guy is quite a whiner. Windows 7 is currently a Release Candidate, not a full version. Some people seem to feel entitled to get whatever they want for free, forever. I have news for them. Microsoft is a for-profit company. Microsoft is doing nothing wrong here. It is their product, and the retail version will be available for people to upgrade to, before this occurs. If they want to run a FREE Windows Release Candidate, they should expect to run it by Microsoft's rules. That's just a no-brainer.

If they want their OS for free forever, they should use a truly free operating system, Linux. That's why I use it. I only use Windows to keep my skills on it current, because it usually pays my bills.

By the way, Windows 7 definitely seems to be a step in the right direction after Vista. My Memory and CPU usage is significantly reduced from when I was using Vista. First time ever I have seen Microsoft make a new OS run faster and more efficiently than a previous OS, on the same hardware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Since Mac and I don't get along I've been stuck with Crashta a bit too long now. I mean you know that Microsoft knows Crashta wasn't any good when they sold computers with 'downgrades' to XP already installed. So I'm looking forward to Windows 7 release and I'm sure to upgrade asap when it shows up. Everyone I know who have tried it likes it.
My brother has been using Ubuntu and had nothing but problems with his laptop. Not just finding all the drivers for it to work but it suddenly makes his keyboard stop working and all he can do at that point is reinstall everything all over again. Yesterday he got so tired of it that he went out and bought a Mac Book Pro. Now he'll have the other laptop to try out things on and is putting Windows 7 on it today (keyboard works fine with Crashta).

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
119810d1245499501-desktop.jpg

Here's mine, birch trees in Finland a few years ago. I have all kinds of trees for different seasons. Michael sent me a picture of his apple (?) trees blooming but that one I unfortunately lost in a complete hard drive blast out (lightning knocked out both UPS, harddrive (basically whole computer) and external hard drive).

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
i dont know how to post photo in a thread:blush:

Here's a procedure that may help you:

1.) At the bottom of the thread, click on Go Advanced.
attachment.php

2.) Near the bottom of the advanced Reply to Thread page, click on Manage Attachments.
attachment.php

3.) On the Manage Attachments page, select the Browse button.
attachment.php

4.) Browse on your system to find the picture that you want to post.
5.) Select the picture, and click on Open.
attachment.php

6.) The path to your picture should now display beside the Browse button you clicked on earlier.
7.) Click on the Upload button.
attachment.php

Part two of these instructions will continue in the next post (I can only post 5 images per post).

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: 127.0.0.1
Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Posting images part 2:

8.) Right-click on the image name (under the Current Attachments group heading.
9.) Click on Copy Link Location (in Internet Explorer, click on Copy Shortcut).
10.) Click on Close this Window.
attachment.php

11.) Back at the Reply to Thread page, click on Insert Image.
attachment.php

12.) Paste the link location in the text field, and select OK.
attachment.php

Congratulations! Now you can post images to Christian forums.

It is even easier if the image is already on the web, but I am assuming you are trying to post an image that you have stored on your home computer.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Quite the tutorial proto... Im too lazy to take a pic though.

Lord have mercy...

Maybe this will seems simpler.

1. On your keyboard hit, "PrtSc SysRq"
2. Open MS Paint (if your in windows). Start -> Accessories -> Paint
3. Hit CTRL + V and save the image
4. On the forum, under Quick Reply hit Advanced
5. Click on the paperclip above the message box.
You can take it from there...

PS
Proto. I had no idea you were so computer smart. I'm giving you reps for using FF as your browser and Linux as your alt OS! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.