Lopolik

Mar 12, 2015
Czech republic
✟8,050.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would try to list some of my favorite metal bands, that are not satanic, and some of them are Christian:

Dream Theater - most of the members are Christian. They have Christian topics in their lyrics mostly.
Symphony X - as was said the keyboardist is a Christian. And by the way as was said the album Paradise Lost is not satanic! SX mostly write lyrics (battle Good vs Evil) etc. nothing satanic about the band.. My favorite band, great progressive metal!
Shadow Gallery - This band is awesome. They have always Christian lyrics, with interesting stories - I highly recommend this band.
Opeth - they are not Christian, but the music is totally beautiful! I am sure they are not satanic.
Kamelot - they have Chrstian themes in lyrics.
Seventh Wonder - interesting prog metal band, the lyrics are mostly Christian oriented.
Redemption - also prog metal, good lyrics.
Anathema - This band has sometimes depressive lyrics, but they always do have hope, and Eternal life is mentioned in many songs.
TOOL - Very spiritual lyrics, not sure if they are Christian, but they are not satanic, the albums Lateralus and 10 000 days have very Christian themes as well!
OK those are some of my favorites. Let me know what you think of them. Jesus Christ be with you all! God bless.

Reactions: Bucky Barnes.
Upvote 0

ZZareyan

Jun 7, 2016
Armenia, Yerevan
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey,

I would say, that almost all rock/metal bands have bad lyrical peaces. Determine satanism of any band is pretty hard, even Metallica, Deep Purple or The Beatles can be connected to the satanism/anti-christian-ism. So if you don't want to be listen bad things, start give up listen rock/metal.
For me, I'm trying to not listen actual satanic/atheistic bands/lyrics and always in distance from their concerts.

Upvote 0

Angel dude

Feb 6, 2018
Clio
✟8,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm a huge fan of metal and rock, and I want new bands to listen to that aren't too anti-christian.
I love hard rock, power metal, symphonic metal, thrash metal, melodic death metal, and other things like that.
So my question is kind of two-fold:
One, what bands do you think are appropriate for Christians to listen to and where should I draw the line? For the most part I consider things like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Ensiferum, Megadeth, Nightwish, Helloween, etc to be acceptable while in my opinion Deicide, Goatwhore, Marilyn Manson, and Slayer are not.
And two, do you consider these bands satanic/a bad influence?
Accept
Testament
Children of Bodom
Sodom
Candlemass
Finntroll
Death
Vader
White Zombie
Pantera
Sepultura
Nile
Necrophagist
Turisas

Thanks!:)
Hi!
I really need to know if Hammerfall is satanic or not. Please answer me. Thanks a lot
Not at all. Hammerfalls majority falls under pretty much the same themes as bands like Sabaton and Saxon. Just about all of it is songs based on historical events or are about medieval/fantasy type battles and adventures. So no. Not satanic. In fact I saw saxon in flint Michigan last October and it was an excellent show

Upvote 0

Angel dude

Feb 6, 2018
Clio
✟8,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm a huge fan of metal and rock, and I want new bands to listen to that aren't too anti-christian.
I love hard rock, power metal, symphonic metal, thrash metal, melodic death metal, and other things like that.
So my question is kind of two-fold:
One, what bands do you think are appropriate for Christians to listen to and where should I draw the line? For the most part I consider things like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Ensiferum, Megadeth, Nightwish, Helloween, etc to be acceptable while in my opinion Deicide, Goatwhore, Marilyn Manson, and Slayer are not.
And two, do you consider these bands satanic/a bad influence?
Accept
Testament
Children of Bodom
Sodom
Candlemass
Finntroll
Death
Vader
White Zombie
Pantera
Sepultura
Nile
Necrophagist
Turisas

Thanks!:)
Sequiturs is a good group. Some of their songs do kind of explore the idea of occultism, but not as a way of being satanist. They do have some Christian members. One of their album's was even based on Dantes Inferno, one of the best and most important pieces of Catholic literature

Upvote 0

Angel dude

Feb 6, 2018
Clio
✟8,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Sequiturs is a good group. Some of their songs do kind of explore the idea of occultism, but not as a way of being satanist. They do have some Christian members. One of their album's was even based on Dantes Inferno, one of the best and most important pieces of Catholic literature
Sorry about sperling errot. That is supposed to say Sepultura

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ong zheng jie

Mar 1, 2019
Singapore
✟15,202.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]!! And here i thought i was the only christian who loves black metal. But honestly before becoming a christian i used to listen to alot of satanic black metal bands but even now as a christian i'm trying to find non satanic raw black metal but i can't find any. I do know of the christian black metal band horde which i like but i constantly give into temptation and listen to satanic black metal

Upvote 0

Ong zheng jie

Mar 1, 2019
Singapore
✟15,202.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But yeah my family and friends call it the devil's music and they don't understand why i like black metal but god gave us our unique personalities and likes aka black metal for me. But i won't listen to satanic bands cuz it's anti christian music and god says we cannot serve 2 masters so why would anyone think it is ok to listen to satanic music and be a christian at the same time

Upvote 0