Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This topic is a struggle for me. During my years away from the lord I became a huge fan of Bands like Behemoth, Deicide, Belphegor, and many other satanic themed bands. I've always been a metal fan, from Judas Priest to Cattle Decapitation, but now I try to watch what content I listen to. But the modern Christian metal scene seems to only have a remnant of gems scattered between all the generic _____core bands.

Christian Metal I love: Becoming the archetype, Theocracy, Extol, Fit for a King, August Burns Red, Demon Hunter, Soul Embraced, Living Sacrifice, The Burial, and A hill to die upon, Divinefire, Impending Doom, Hope for the dying, Hilastherion, and Deuteronomium.

Although I consider myself well versed in metal bands (older stuff, pre-97) I've never heard of any of those bands except Judas Priest. There was a lot of good, socially conscious metal in the 80s and 90s. Some of it was from bands like Anthrax, where it was a common theme of theirs. Other songs came from bands like Slayer that primarily wrote very dark stuff. The nice thing about music these days is you can buy just the songs you want instead of having to pay for an entire album.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Although I consider myself well versed in metal bands (older stuff, pre-97) I've never heard of any of those bands except Judas Priest. There was a lot of good, socially conscious metal in the 80s and 90s. Some of it was from bands like Anthrax, where it was a common theme of theirs. Other songs came from bands like Slayer that primarily wrote very dark stuff. The nice thing about music these days is you can buy just the songs you want instead of having to pay for an entire album.

Ya the 80s and 90 had great Christian bands like bloodgood, stryper, whitecross, and deliverance. My problem is that I enjoy the harder more underground genres (like death metal) ALOT more...

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ya the 80s and 90 had great Christian bands like bloodgood, stryper, whitecross, and deliverance. My problem is that I enjoy the harder more underground genres (like death metal) ALOT more...

And can't you listen to any metalbands playing death metal?

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And can't you listen to any metalbands playing death metal?

Yes. I just avoid the satanic themed artists. But I honestly prefer music with Christian lyrics now. I want my music to admonish my spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0