Rock and Metal music

Feb 22, 2017
City
✟7,969.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have always been a big fan of rock and metal music. I don't listen to artists like Slayer or Black Sabbath or any band that is anti-God or anti-Christ but I do enjoy groups like Metallica and Alice Cooper. I've never seen a problem with this as the songs I like don't contain anything I would consider blasphamous or offensive. I just wanted to get some Christian opinions on this as I don't have many Christians in my social circle.

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have always been a big fan of rock and metal music. I don't listen to artists like Slayer or Black Sabbath or any band that is anti-God or anti-Christ but I do enjoy groups like Metallica and Alice Cooper. I've never seen a problem with this as the songs I like don't contain anything I would consider blasphamous or offensive. I just wanted to get some Christian opinions on this as I don't have many Christians in my social circle.

Do you like Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, or Starset, by any chance? They're my three favorites. :)

Also, BB has this one pretty song called "Ashes of Eden", in which the singer seems to wonder if God is there for them after all but want God to be there for them despite their doubts.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm a huge fan of classic rock, and to a smaller degree some metal music. But, here's the break down of my metal: I have all of Stryper's albums, all of Barren Cross's albums, all of Holy Soldier's main albums, among a few other Christian metal bands.

As far as secular metal goes, I have one Metallica album, two Def Leppard albums, one AudioSlave album, Whitesnake's greatest hits, and Led Zeppelin's greatest hits. That's about it. :rolleyes:

The rest is about 200 albums worth of everything from some classical, to the Carpenters and the Bee-Gees, to BOSTON and my all time favorite band, KANSAS/Kerry Livgren stuff.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
BB are great. Linkin Park I like their early stuff. Musically, I like Iron Maiden but a few of their songs have lyrics that are a little iffy for me.

The main IM song I've heard is Brave New World, but I like that one. :)

I actually saw BB in concert last year. :D

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Here's a song by RED I like---it also explains ME in some respects :cool::

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Try Being a Christian Deadhead like me lol!

Grateful Dead is certainly a Band name that conjurs up all sorts of frightening, occult type, knee jerk reactions for many Christians who have no knowledge of their music, but it is the furthest thing from the truth. (~);}

• Agree
Reactions: Lizy424
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

...so, I'm guessing Alice Cooper is still a Christian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Red is really good, they remind me of Chevelle.

I had to look up "Chevelle" and listen to them (which shows the limit to my being any kind of 'metal head,' I suppose.) They do have a good sound. But, just to show you how dated I am, here's one of my all-time favorite Kansas songs: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip on "Chevelle."

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Looks like your post has gone well, you have met some like minded individuals. I will give you a kind of theological answer.

The bible says "Don't be overly righteous, why destroy yourself, neither be overly wicked why die before your time".

This tells us, not to focus on the absolute purity of a thing, it will kill our enjoyment of life. But not to become focused on, or indulge in evil.

With music, it is essentially just sound, no form of Music of its own self is evil. It is what it does inside us that counts. Jesus said "food does not defile you, what comes from inside a man defiles, not what you put in your mouth"

The same is true with music, you can put in any form of music, it won't defile you, but it is what it does inside you that counts. If a form of music or artist causes you to lust, then you are being defiled by the artist, because it is defiling you internally. Just skip through the songs on your play list that cause ungodly emotions (if you have any song like that, not saying you do).

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are some other Christian metalbands.

Holy Blood - The Spring(folkmetal)

Illuminandi - Hymn of all Creation(Gothic metal)

Illuminandi - W drodze(in polish)

Extol - A Structure Of Souls.

A Structure Of Souls

[Music: O. Børud, Lyrics: O. Børud]

A fusion is conceived / Through a synchronizing Faith
Exposing forces unseen
This is the embodiment of Love

Growing, the image of a man appears
His limbs are injected with power
The heart of his mission is peace / And deliverance

Stronger, his body increases with strength
Absorbing a Godly nourishment
The members work in one accord / Reaching the fullness of man

A Structure of Souls / Bounded by one Spirit
A union of hearts / Saved by the same Spirit

We are the members of / The body of the Son
We are the Church of Christ

Freedom is to be our destiny / Due to the eternal grace
That comes from the Author of Life / The one and only God

And this one is also very nice of them(I have many favourites but can't put them all in here ;) )

Extol - Superior.

Superior

Behold He comes from the cross
Where He suffered for our souls
Behold the King of Life
Is entering the fields of death

In the dark empire of death
A light is shining through the mist
As the Lord of Life and Death
Enters the gates of pure evil

By the sight of Him
The demons are shaking
And the power of darkness flees
And death for His feet is slain

Predetermined through the ancient prophecies
The incarnation of God and His victory
Over death through purity and holiness
His name is forever to be praised

And then I will end with one more song for this time.

Mortification - Crusade For The king.
Mortification - Crusade For The King

Crusade For The King

[2 Corinthians 10:3, Ephesians 6:10-13]
[Chorus]

Crusader, Crusade for the King
Immortal, set fire to the world

The love of our faith, the Saviour
Hating the ways of evil
Darkness descends on battle, crushing extremes
The Sword of the Spirit, equip us
to keep our heart of freedom