Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any Christian metal fans? I grew up on Petra and now I listen to everything from classic rock to extreme metal and everything in between. My favorite styles tend to be melodic power metal, melodic thrash metal, or progressive metal. I love bands like Stryper, Deliverance, Believer, Tourniquet, Rob Rock, Theocracy, Reinxeed, and so many more. If it's fast, heavy and melodic...I typically like it--especially if the singer has a large range.

I've been playing guitar for over 15 years and singing for just as long. As a native of Massachusetts, it's extremely hard to find others who enjoy the kind of music I do. I might be moving to Virginia soon (a little closer to the bible belt). Who knows, maybe I'll be able to start a Christian metal band. It's been a dream of mind for a very long time. I have some demos recorded and so many ideas but no one to share them with. It's so very frustrating!

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any Christian metal fans? I grew up on Petra and now I listen to everything from classic rock to extreme metal and everything in between. My favorite styles tend to be melodic power metal, melodic thrash metal, or progressive metal. I love bands like Stryper, Deliverance, Believer, Tourniquet, Rob Rock, Theocracy, Reinxeed, and so many more. If it's fast, heavy and melodic...I typically like it--especially if the singer has a large range.

I've been playing guitar for over 15 years and singing for just as long. As a native of Massachusetts, it's extremely hard to find others who enjoy the kind of music I do. I might be moving to Virginia soon (a little closer to the bible belt). Who knows, maybe I'll be able to start a Christian metal band. It's been a dream of mind for a very long time. I have some demos recorded and so many ideas but no one to share them with. It's so very frustrating!

...I hope I don't put myself in a musical "brand" box by saying this, but yes, to some extent, I am a fan of a few select Christian metal groups and of classic secular rock. And I also am a very big fan of Stryper, along with Petra, and Switchfoot, but somewhere in there, I also like the music of someone like Lauren Daigle, or even Vivaldi. I don't play guitar, although at one time, long ago, I did try to take up guitar without much success. Now, I just appreciate the talents of those who do play an instrument or have a deeper background in music (such as my son) ... :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

Ooooo thanks for the suggestions! Haha yeah I've always wanted to have an all girl metal band that was Christian/secular and I'd call it Eve's Regret. Haha. Doubt it will ever happen so I write about it haha. But sadly, I don't know a lot of Christian metal. Kinda hard to search for these days so thanks for the suggestions!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

...I guess I can mention that I'm also a big Barren Cross fan, and I've also tended to like some of the stuff from Deliverance (i.e. the first three albums they put out long ago), some of Bloodgood, particularly their latest album, along with Holy Soldier and some of Whitecross, and some of Mastedon. Oh, and there was that one Rage of Angels album from the late eighties I liked a lot, too.

I'm also a big fan of Classic Kansas and Kerry Livgren and his later band, A.D., and especially of the band, Asia--in both of its manifestations.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely! I like stuff like Demon Hunter, Saving Grace, Sleeping Giant and Living Sacrifice just to name a few. A bit harder than that would be Impending Doom, which I also listen to!

Have you heard of the band "A hill to die upon"? They are Christian Blackened/Death and they do it better than the secular versions.

Some ex-members of Extol just created a new band called "Fleshkiller" and released a new album. It is a must listen.

Reactions: Ojpalosa
Upvote 0

Ojpalosa

Jan 19, 2018
Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you heard of the band "A hill to die upon"? They are Christian Blackened/Death and they do it better than the secular versions.

Some ex-members of Extol just created a new band called "Fleshkiller" and released a new album. It is a must listen.

Thanks for the tip my brother!

Reactions: Idromos247
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was a huge metal fan before I became a Christian but after my life change I couldn’t stand the lyrics anymore. I tried listening to some Christian metal but it was too much of a reminder of my old ways so I just stayed away from it. Not to imply there’s anything wrong with it. I was just still struggling with my past and wanted to do away with my old self. As a guitarist I do sometimes miss the intense music but I’m still worried it might lead me to stumble in my old ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

name_is_irrelevant

Jun 16, 2018
Farton
✟6,276.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was a huge metal fan before I became a Christian but after my life change I couldn’t stand the lyrics anymore.

Eh. I can't make them out half the time anyway, I mean what is the difference between a satanist metal band and a Christian band when they're both shrieking in Norwegian.

• Haha
Reactions: PetraFan007
Upvote 0

name_is_irrelevant

Jun 16, 2018
Farton
✟6,276.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Any Christian metal fans?

First metal album I ever heard was a Mortification album (Scrolls Of The Megilloth) I think back in the 90's when I was 10 years old. Thought it sucked lol. Today.... it's OK I guess, reminds me of Bolt Thrower a little bit.

Today... the only Christian metal band I listen to is Extol. Otherwise, not really. I don't like 80's wailing hair metal or power metal or any of that stuff. My favourite metal band at the moment is Meshuggah, who are pretty atheistic but I like these bands mostly on basis of musicianship. I love live albums especially.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eh. I can't make them out half the time anyway, I mean what is the difference between a satanist metal band and a Christian band when they're both shrieking in Norwegian.

You may call me crazy but some of us actually can understand a lot of the lyrics (not 100% all time lol). But my brother is not a Christian and is a metal-head with a lot of the same musical tastes as myself. Ill show him music videos for Christian bands like Extol, fleshkiller, and Impending doom. He will say "Cool song, but the lyrics are too Christian".... and these are music videos...... not lyric videos. So its all about the the individuals ears, not the music (unless we are talking about Brutal Slamming Death metal lol)

Reactions: Ojpalosa
Upvote 0

Stringfellow_Hawke

Jul 4, 2018
West Virginia
✟37,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Big fan here. Becoming The Archetype, The Showdown, Living Sacrifice, and Theocracy are some of my favorites. I'm also a big fan of black metal like Antestor, Horde, Admonish, Elgibbor, Crimson Moonlight and Fire Throne.

Upvote 0

name_is_irrelevant

Jun 16, 2018
Farton
✟6,276.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Big fan here. Becoming The Archetype, The Showdown, Living Sacrifice, and Theocracy are some of my favorites. I'm also a big fan of black metal like Antestor, Horde, Admonish, Elgibbor, Crimson Moonlight and Fire Throne.

I like metal for the same reason I like jazz: high degree of musicianship. So much music now is programmed rather than performed. I love electronic music too, if it's on Warp Records there's a good chance I'll listen to it, but there's something special about hearing a performance and knowing every sound you here is being played and controlled in real time (on the spot) by the performer. Electronic music is changing somewhat, but triggering off prerecorded sound bites and clips from Ableton or an MPC or whatever still doesn't have the same feel as when you know that every sound is done live. (I don't care much for rock artists who use a lot of backing tracks in live performances either, though obviously it costs less than employing extra session / tour musicians.) I find live scripting interesting though, where an artist writes in code as a piece is playing back and it alters what sounds come out. Could ramble on all day lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Convertere

Jul 13, 2018
Arkansas
✟11,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm a big fan of power, folk, black metal and most of the classics. A few of my favorites are; Blind Guardian, Theocracy, Innerwish, Cradle Catholic, Dio, Sabaton, Hammerfall, Caladan Brood, Woods of Ypres and Antestor.

Upvote 0

RageOfAngels

Sep 1, 2017
Sussex
✟43,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
By my name and image you can tell I'm a big fan of Christian Metal. I've a list as long as your arm about who I like. Right now I'm listening to Diviner, who are from Greece and the lead vocalist has a Dio tone.

Upvote 0

Stringfellow_Hawke

Jul 4, 2018
West Virginia
✟37,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By my name and image you can tell I'm a big fan of Christian Metal. I've a list as long as your arm about who I like. Right now I'm listening to Diviner, who are from Greece and the lead vocalist has a Dio tone.

Message me anytime. There is always room in my life for fellow Believers who love metal.

Upvote 0

RageOfAngels

Sep 1, 2017
Sussex
✟43,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I like lots of metal and rock, but I sort of stop at thrash/black/death/core metal. I'm more your traditional metal/rock guy...
Theocracy, Whitecross, Bride, Chaotic Resemblance, Petra, Omega Highway, Signum Regis etc.

Upvote 0