Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like Trump is willing to let you take that hit.
There is no justification to blame Pres. Trump while the two questions are yet unanswered:
As I see it the Democrats have already compromised, offering 1.3 billion (I think it was) for border security already. Far short of the 5+B that Trump is asking for but not a goose-egg.
.. so what is the purpose of the Democrats opposing it's fullness then, if they are partially unopposed?
The Dems supported it when it was their idea, not so long ago. In fact wasn't most of what is there put up during Democrat administrations?
So what is stopping them this time?

.. because it appears upon those facts alone, that the Democrats who would like the wall, are now choosing to oppose it only in order to oppose the reputation of Pres. Trump's presidency as having achieved it.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
East Germany
Ancient China
Israel
Northern Ireland
Obamastan (where the US built a giant wall around his compound to keep him from getting out presumably)
East Germany. Hmmmmm .....

Mr. Trumpachev, tear down that wall!

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There is no justification to blame Pres. Trump while the two questions are yet unanswered:

Trump said today at the press briefing that he's willing to consider a year or more shut down. Just sayin' what TRUMP SAID.

.. because it appears upon those facts alone, that the Democrats who would like the wall, are now choosing to oppose it only in order to oppose the reputation of Pres. Trump's presidency as having achieved it.

The wall is going to be paid for by Mexico. So why do the US tax payers have to give Trump $5 billion? Just curious. I mean, Trump was telling the TRUTH when he promised over and over and over and over and over and over again that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

If Mexico can't pay for it NOW then let Trump do what we all have to do when we want something we can't get on credit: save up the money.

(That assumes that he's somehow going to be able to get the money from the USMCA agreement which is actually going to individual American businesses and NOT to the US treasury....especially since Trump wants to cut taxes.)

Maybe Trump should have thought this through?

Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
East Germany. Hmmmmm .....

Mr. Trumpachev, tear down that wall!

That doesn't make any sense. That's a riff on some old politician helping to dismantle the Russian state. The Republicans are not part of that. Today the GOP is dedicated to helping out KGB officers.

I'd say the world has truly changed, but I'm working on eliminating my ability to remember more than 2 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That doesn't make any sense. That's a riff on some old politician helping to dismantle the Russian state. The Republicans are not part of that. Today the GOP is dedicated to helping out KGB officers.

I'd say the world has truly changed, but I'm working on eliminating my ability to remember more than 2 years ago.
Keep boozing it up and you’re going to be there.

• Haha
Reactions: GlabrousDory4
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The conflict is really about a "president" honoring commitments he made. He said that Mexico would pay for his precious wall, and now he's asking $5 billion in taxpayer money for it. Congressional Democrats and Republicans struck a deal that Donny said he'd sign, but they he decided to throw all of his toys out of the playpen and pout because someone was mean to him. So he shut down the government and decided to sit and pout over the holidays.

You don't reward a spoiled brat for throwing a tantrum by giving them what they want. In a very similar fashion, Democrats should not give Donny a dime for his monument to racism. Let him secure the funding from Mexico, or let him go without.
Ringo

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The wall isnt a bad idea. At least its a step in the direction of answering the illegal immigration problem. At least Trump is trying to do something about it.Whats Nancy doing about this problem? Nothing that i know of.

How exactly is this childish grandstanding by Trump "fixing illegal immigration when so may illegal immigrants overstay legal visas? How is the wall going to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants and punishing them for doing so?

Oh who am I kidding. We're not going to punish business owners. We're going to punish the immigrants themselves and as long as business owners can keep their "employees" in line, then they can have all the illegal labor they want (wink wink nod nod).

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So has universal healthcare.

I don't know about you but, I could use a doctor more than a wall in the desert.

Nothing is free. Nothing good is ever free. However, i believe the poor should have free healthcare. But if one wants good HC, they better pay for it. Facts of life.

How bizarre. I'm not seeing the word "free" anywhere in GB's post. Perhaps you could highlight it for me?

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump said today at the press briefing that he's willing to consider a year or more shut down. Just sayin' what TRUMP SAID.
Your problem is that you read that in the fake news media. How do you know that? Well Trump said it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well it cannot happen without the Democrats also being willing. They know, of course, that refusing to give the $5b would cause Pres. Trump to respond that way. So in fact they are the ones who triggered it.

The question then becomes a question of whether it is right or wrong: is it right or wrong to build the wall, and is it right or wrong that it should cost $5b.

The first question is undone by their offer of $1.3b, so then it only remains an issue of dispute of the value of the wall.
The wall is going to be paid for by Mexico.
I remember that Mexico refused to pay for it, and I'm not surprised. Ordinarily, if one puts a fence between neighbours, it is moral to split the cost 50/50, else if one neighbour is unwilling, then the other decides whether the fence is worth paying 100% of the cost for. It appears that Pres. Trump does believe it is worth USA paying $5b to do that.
So why do the US tax payers have to give Trump $5 billion? Just curious.
To assist with enforcing migration law.
I mean, Trump was telling the TRUTH when he promised over and over and over and over and over and over again that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.
How can you expect a man to make solid predictions about the future? You reveal that you are passionate with a grudge.

Do you personally not believe that it is worth USA to spend $5b for the wall? Can you please explain why?
If Mexico can't pay for it NOW then let Trump do what we all have to do when we want something we can't get on credit: save up the money.
I think I read somewhere that he has said it would pay for itself in 2 months of savings of the present border cost.. but I'd have to go looking for that fact. Anyhow, it is too soon for that effort on my part. Let's see if you do in fact require it.

Let me know what you think of that statistic anyway (it would seem unreasonable to withhold credit for two months, when the return over the next year is a tenfold saving).
(That assumes that he's somehow going to be able to get the money from the USMCA agreement which is actually going to individual American businesses and NOT to the US treasury....especially since Trump wants to cut taxes.)

Maybe Trump should have thought this through?
Thinking is good. Communicating is good. Any failures give rise to conflicts. I am telling you what I think. Let me know what you think, and we will see where we end up.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Congressional Democrats and Republicans struck a deal that Donny said he'd sign, but they he decided to throw all of his toys out of the playpen and pout because someone was mean to him.

Ringo
Can you please show an article that explains this? I have not been informed about that yet.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How exactly is this childish grandstanding by Trump "fixing illegal immigration when so may illegal immigrants overstay legal visas? How is the wall going to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants and punishing them for doing so?

Oh who am I kidding. We're not going to punish business owners. We're going to punish the immigrants themselves and as long as business owners can keep their "employees" in line, then they can have all the illegal labor they want (wink wink nod nod).
From what I've seen videos show, that there is an easy route for illegal drugs to enter USA from that direction, that a wall should serve to block, etc.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From what I've seen videos show, that there is an easy route for illegal drugs to enter USA from that direction, that a wall should serve to block, etc.
With $10 in surgical tubing and a tee shirt, you can launch as many drugs as you want over the border. Let's stop pretending that a wall solves these problems.

• Agree
Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We'll see how much some of his lower income supporters appreciate this tactic when their much needed tax returns are significantly delayed.

Being that southern conservative pockets of the country are the ones that typically get the larger tax return per income, he might get some flak on that.

When some Alabamans (who's median incomes are ~$23,000 per year, but typically get a $2800 refund) who really need that money are waiting because "Showing those illegal liberals a thing or two" was apparently worth shutting the government down, we'll see if they still back that decision.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Human mules are a drop in the bucket. Was your video from Breitbart or some other source like that? Most drugs come in through border crossings and ports of entry in commercial trucking and shipping.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
With $10 in surgical tubing and a tee shirt, you can launch as many drugs as you want over the border.
How so?
Let's stop pretending that a wall solves these problems.
Easy enough.. just saying, there's more to it that you might be seeing.

For sure though, I will agree that Pres. Trump's main interest is in USA's security of human threats: "we have some bad hombres here".

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The wall isnt a bad idea. At least its a step in the direction of answering the illegal immigration problem. At least Trump is trying to do something about it.Whats Nancy doing about this problem? Nothing that i know of.
She’s actually supported a number of immigration bills that included funding for increased border security.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I really do not want to be out of work for 2 years ....
I’m sorry Dave. I do think it will be resolved pretty quickly. I wish we could all decide that government workers can’t be held hostage by politicians this way.

Upvote 0