Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont want to debate whether or not only republics have good national security. I dont want to debate at all, thats why i withdrew my comment. Take it how you will though.
Your post remains up, FYI.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,622.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'll withdraw my earlier statement. Debating its futile because both sides are sharply and hopelessly divided. When i see what it does to people, it makes me sad.

You know what makes me sad? Intellectual dishonesty.

Like claiming X supports your argument, and then refusing to actually reveal X. And then you ice that cake by claiming we're the broken ones.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We could compromise by agreeing that border security is important and taking the advice of experts on how to mitigate the issues. The wall is nothing more then a distraction.

The politically corrupt armchair experts in Washington or the experts on the ground at the border?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont care. Its just a post in a thread, not the end of the world
january-19-2038-031407-gmt-is-the-end-of-unix-time-2147483647.jpg

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As others have said, walls have been successful in other nations.
So has universal healthcare.

I don't know about you but, I could use a doctor more than a wall in the desert.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know what makes me sad? Intellectual dishonesty.

Like claiming X supports your argument, and then refusing to actually reveal X. And then you ice that cake by claiming we're the broken ones.
My apologies. Perhaps no walls in the world have ever been beneficial for protecting boarders. .

Upvote 0

evoeth

Mar 5, 2014
✟130,622.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My apologies. Perhaps no walls in the world have ever been beneficial to protecting its boarders. .
No one is making that argument.

But hey, strawman! Add another to the intellectual dishonesty list.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't know about you but, I could use a doctor more than a wall in the desert.
Nothing is free. Nothing good is ever free. However, i believe the poor should have free healthcare. But if one wants good HC, they better pay for it. Facts of life.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I guessing that you have healthcare and a familiar doctor, right? I have a great healthcare plan but I don't know which doctor I'm going to see at any given appointment, and if any will listen to me...so I stopped making appointments (which should free up their time so they can volunteer at the free clinic across the tracks).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

evoeth

Mar 5, 2014
✟130,622.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Politics is about solving collective action problems like defining our country or market failures to deliver health care.

Good prioritization demands we pay attention to healthcare first. It's not like immigration is some burning issue that is going to destroy our country. But healthcare is already failing tens of millions.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok. I've yet to see an expert on the ground say they want a wall across the entire border.

Much of the border is impassable without great danger; no need for a barrier. Everyone knows this who is paying attention.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The politically corrupt armchair experts in Washington or the experts on the ground at the border?

I am unaware of any "Experts on the ground". How about we go with people with actual expertise that have studied the issue in depth and have a good understanding of the pros and cons pf various approaches?

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My apologies. Perhaps no walls in the world have ever been beneficial for protecting boarders. .
I thought protecting boarders was the supposed problem.

• Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Politics is about solving collective action problems like defining our country or market failures to deliver health care.

Good prioritization demands we pay attention to healthcare first. It's not like immigration is some burning issue that is going to destroy our country. But healthcare is already failing tens of millions.

If we venture into deep water in an attempt to save someone who keeps swimming away from us, we will all drown. Let them drown I say, save yourself. :mad:

Upvote 0