Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You thought really hard about this? Really sat down, looked at all your ideas, and just went, "Yep, that's my final solution"?

I don't like the term "final solution". :eek:

And after we solve that problem we can send the money we save to those countries and help overthrow their tyrannical governments (until the next generation of tyrants rises from the same people that we've helped).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An idea that involves shooting people on sight who cross a border lacks basic empathy.

I think you are projecting the use of indiscriminate deadly force onto my plan from your own not-so-well-thought-out vision of the situation.

Rubber bullets, teargas, and beanbags, if needed. No real bullets unless attacked.

I forgot to include Spanish language communication systems, so there will be no misunderstanding about border enforcement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That seems pretty expensive. The Wall might be cheaper.

Fencing is cheap, reusable, and very flexible. Personnel are already being paid, and most of the equipment is already available and paid for as well. Couldn't be cheaper.

Landowners and conservationists would look less unfavorably on a temporary fence compared to an ugly permanent wall.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I see it the Democrats have already compromised, offering 1.3 billion (I think it was) for border security already. Far short of the 5+B that Trump is asking for but not a goose-egg.
That completely undoes the premise of the OP, stated here:
The dispute is about paying for the wall or not paying for the wall.

There is no middle ground here for compromise.

Either the wall will be paid for or the wall will not be paid for.
.. so what is the purpose of the Democrats opposing it's fullness then, if they are partially unopposed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That completely undoes the premise of the OP, stated here:

.. so what is the purpose of the Democrats opposing it's fullness then, if they are partially unopposed?

The Dems supported it when it was their idea, not so long ago. In fact wasn't most of what is there put up during Democrat administrations?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The wall isnt a bad idea. At least its a step in the direction of answering the illegal immigration problem. At least Trump is trying to do something about it.Whats Nancy doing about this problem? Nothing that i know of.

Unicorns with death lasers arrayed along the border is ALSO a good idea to secure the border. I don't know why the Dems don't consider that. But there you go. Dems hate unicorns.

• Haha
Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As others have said, walls have been successful in other nations.

I got to see the peace wall in Northern Ireland. It's charming. I don't see why we don't have those all over the place. I'd love to see one between the US and Canada.

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I really do not want to be out of work for 2 years ....

Sounds like Trump is willing to let you take that hit.

Don't worry, though, you can probably hit Pence up for a loan since he's scheduled to get a pay raise tomorrow!

Upvote 0