Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The problem is this---you can't be just a partial follower of His, you can't be just a partial prophet of His.
Isaiah doesn't say that if they agree partially with the scriptures, they have some light in them.

Isa_8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Even Satan can quote scripture. In fact, he knows them better than some preachers, and quoted it to Jesus--he quoted just the part he wanted. Doesn't make Satan a true prophet of God.
I may sound harsh---but it is imperative to know the One and only God, His Son, and His Holy Spirit--to know them---not just about them. An imposter can not get you to know the real Godhead, he can not get you into the presence of God. We have to be very critical of whom we follow.
I know who I follow, I follow Jesus Christ through His prophet Russell M. Nelson.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I know who I follow, I follow Jesus Christ through His prophet Russell M. Nelson.

You follow the teachings of JS--and his angel Moroni who was none other than Satan--that is the angel of light. His light is darkness disguised and has no truth in it. Jesus Christ is not in JS nor his writings nor in any so called prophet that follows his lies.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You follow the teachings of JS--and his angel Moroni who was none other than Satan--that is the angel of light. His light is darkness disguised and has no truth in it. Jesus Christ is not in JS nor his writings nor in any so called prophet that follows his lies.
I know who the angel Moroni is:

(New Testament | Revelation 14:6)

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I know who the angel Moroni is:

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

You do not preach the gospel.

Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

You do not preach that the hour of His judgment is come---You do not claim that God made the waters---it is your claim they were already here. You don't claim He made anything--it is your claim that He only arranged already existing matter. No---this is not your angel:---this is:

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You sure it is the second coming of Jesus that will be in Missouri? Looks like Noah's second coming is what is needed.

By Nathan Ellgren | May 29, 2019 at 11:09 PM CDT - Updated May 29 at 11:11 PM

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (KFVS) - High water on the Mississippi River coupled with strong downpours are keeping staff in Cape Girardeau busy with flood prevention efforts.

As of Wednesday, May 29 the river is above 43 feet. It is expected to crest at 47 feet in early June, which will make it into the top five historic flood levels the town has seen.

61629920_2172611062853595_7027925969369300992_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The problem is this---you can't be just a partial follower of His, you can't be just a partial prophet of His.
Isaiah doesn't say that if they agree partially with the scriptures, they have some light in them.

Isa_8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Even Satan can quote scripture. In fact, he knows them better than some preachers, and quoted it to Jesus--he quoted just the part he wanted. Doesn't make Satan a true prophet of God.
I may sound harsh---but it is imperative to know the One and only God, His Son, and His Holy Spirit--to know them---not just about them. An imposter can not get you to know the real Godhead, he can not get you into the presence of God. We have to be very critical of whom we follow.
Well, I am sure that there is no preacher on earth that will say things that agree 100% with the scriptures. So do we throw them all out? Then what do we have?

What we are left with is the preachers interpretation of what the scriptures say and mean. That is why we have over 3,000 Christian churches, because people interpret scripture differently, and when the majority of a church think their preacher is not interpreting scripture rightly, they fire him and hire one that will. Then the preacher that got fired, goes and starts his own church and continues to preach how he wants.

Over and over and over again. So you have to ask the question: Which preacher is right 100% of the time? Because as you say you cannot be partially right? But I will say that 100% of the preachers in Christendom is only partially right, according to the interpretation of the scriptures.

That is why I keep saying that our interpretation of the scriptures is as valuable as yours. Even as far off as you think we are, we are grounded in the scriptures, the same scriptures that you read and love, we read and love.

We all love the same God the Father. We all love the same Jesus. We all love the same Holy Spirit. We just interpret scripture differently about their nature and their make-up. But we all should be willing to do as they say, and follow their good example of how we love them, and love our fellow man. That is the key to being a good Christian, we love God, and we love our fellow man. All the details and deep secrets will be known later. So I love you, and wish you well this day and may the Lord bless you with a painfree day.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You sure it is the second coming of Jesus that will be in Missouri? Looks like Noah's second coming is what is needed.

61629920_2172611062853595_7027925969369300992_n.jpg
We have not said that the first sighting of Jesus as he returns a second time, will be in Missouri.

The first sighting of Jesus will be him coming from the skies, from the east and he will come to Jerusalem. Eventually, he will make his way to Missouri, as we believe this will be the administrative center for the western part of the world.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Zechariah 14:4, we read - In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, (not Independence Center shopping mall) which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

My wife grew up in the RLDS church (similar to LDS) and her parents moved to Independence Missouri from Washington state back in the late 70's because they were duped into believing that Independence Missouri would be Zion. Joseph Smith is a false prophet. - Lifeline Ministries to RLDS » Joseph Smiths False Prophecies

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, I am sure that there is no preacher on earth that will say things that agree 100% with the scriptures. So do we throw them all out? Then what do we have?

What we are left with is the preachers interpretation of what the scriptures say and mean. That is why we have over 3,000 Christian churches, because people interpret scripture differently, and when the majority of a church think their preacher is not interpreting scripture rightly, they fire him and hire one that will. Then the preacher that got fired, goes and starts his own church and continues to preach how he wants.

Over and over and over again. So you have to ask the question: Which preacher is right 100% of the time? Because as you say you cannot be partially right? But I will say that 100% of the preachers in Christendom is only partially right, according to the interpretation of the scriptures.

That is why I keep saying that our interpretation of the scriptures is as valuable as yours. Even as far off as you think we are, we are grounded in the scriptures, the same scriptures that you read and love, we read and love.

We all love the same God the Father. We all love the same Jesus. We all love the same Holy Spirit. We just interpret scripture differently about their nature and their make-up. But we all should be willing to do as they say, and follow their good example of how we love them, and love our fellow man. That is the key to being a good Christian, we love God, and we love our fellow man. All the details and deep secrets will be known later. So I love you, and wish you well this day and may the Lord bless you with a painfree day.

But we do not have the same God. Ours is all powerful, created everything from nothing, Jesus is the creator of everything, including all the angels---which includes Lucifer. Our God did not require sin in order for Adam and Eve to conceive and bare children. He is able to do as His voice commands. Ours will put an end to sin. Ours died for all men--once for all. Our God has only one Son, which was of His own substance, same as He. Our God needs no wife. Ours has no levels of salvation, everyone is saved unto eternal life spent in His presence---there is no place where anyone will be away from Him. He offers eternal life in a world and a universe that has chosen to be with Him for eternity and therefore there is only light, beauty and all that is good without death, disease, pain, sorrow nor hatred. Our God was quite able to keep His word intact throughout the centuries through a remnant He always protected. Our God offers eternal peace and love.

Your god, can not create from nothing, he requires existing matter. Your god can not produce children of his own substance, they are only spiritual children while he supposedly is flesh and bone, he and his wife, or wives, can't produce any children like himself. Your god required Adam and Eve to sin before they could obey his command to reproduce. Your god thus makes his children grateful to Satan for their existence. Your god can not wipe out sin, he offers some men to be gods of their own planet---where sin will still reign--his gift is of continuing sin with all it's horrors of war and hatred and diseases--he offers all that is ugly and dark for a few chosen men to be gods of. He offers a few men many wives to populate these worlds full of sin with more spirit children -- again, no children of their own substance. He offers levels of salvation where many will be in places without His presence. Your god offers to fulfill the fantasies of men for power, sex, dominion of a world full of sin. Your god could not protect his word from its destruction by men. Your god requires these spirit children to become human, in a world of sin in order to keep this evil cycle going on to other planets, endlessly creating more and more sin filled worlds. Your god does not offer me anything I want. This is the god you prefer, why?
I am sorry and grieve for those who would want this kind of god, this kind of universe. They can choose the real God of the bible who offers all that is good instead. I hope they, and you, will.
Christianity may have many differences due to interpretation---but we do love the same God.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
In Zechariah 14:4, we read - In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, (not Independence Center shopping mall) which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

My wife grew up in the RLDS church (similar to LDS) and her parents moved to Independence Missouri from Washington state back in the late 70's because they were duped into believing that Independence Missouri would be Zion. Joseph Smith is a false prophet. - Lifeline Ministries to RLDS » Joseph Smiths False Prophecies
Zechariah is correct. I hope I am with those who are righteous enough to be lifted up into the skies to witness Jesus coming to earth to stand on the Mount of Olives.

This prophecy in no way hinders the concept of Jesus coming a second time to the Americas, and yes, even Missouri to bless the people on this continent after his triumphant Jerusalem entry.

So not Missouri and the Independence Center shopping mall at first, but as Zechariah says, Jerusalem, but after Jerusalem, other places on the earth. That does make sense, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You do not preach the gospel.

Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

You do not preach that the hour of His judgment is come---You do not claim that God made the waters---it is your claim they were already here. You don't claim He made anything--it is your claim that He only arranged already existing matter. No---this is not your angel:---this is:

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Yes the hour of His Judgment is come and He did make the heaven, earth, sea, and the fountains of water similar to a carpenter making a chair out of wood, and an hour in God's time differs in an hour of our time. I do know who Moroni is.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes the hour of His Judgment is come and He did make the heaven, earth, sea, and the fountains of water similar to a carpenter making a chair out of wood, and an hour in God's time differs in an hour of our time. I do know who Moroni is.

But you do not preach the hour of His judgment is come--and you do believe that the water was still here and God did not create it and you do not know the real Moroni.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But you do not preach the hour of His judgment is come--and you do believe that the water was still here and God did not create it and you do not know the real Moroni.
I do know the real Moroni, it is through him that we have the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon has spread throughout the world as has The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. The prophesy is being fulfilled:

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But you did not say what your so called truth is to my so called lies!~! Your present your truth---all nice and pretty--I take it down to bare bones reality. You present a pig with lipstick and rogue, I just take the make-up off!
Again--I got my info from your own prophets writings---each of those points are all verifiable--and you very well know that. Your own prophets writings attest to each and every one of those you call lies. They are not lies nor exaggerations---you are just not used to seeing the reality of what your teachings really say! Must I really go through each of those with the quotes from your own writings that prove them when you know them to be true? Open you eyes and see---let the real Holy Spirit lead you.
Just one: Show me the prophets writings that tell us that we are thankful to satan for our existence.

I would like to see that in print. Thank you.

When you "take the make-up off", you also slice and bake the face to fit your distorted view of what we believe, you go way farther than "taking the make-up off", you make up false stuff to make us look really bad. Not a good thing to do.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So where is the lie that your god produces only spirit children, yet he is blood and bones?

You have told 2 lies in just this little statement.

1) He begot 1 son in the flesh. That was Jesus. He can produce innumerable men and women in the flesh if He wanted to, but He has only begot/produced 1 son in the form of flesh and bone and blood.

The scriptures tell us that we are correct in that position. John 3:16.

You do not tell the truth, because you leave out that God begot/produced Jesus Christ with a flesh and bone body, like His. That is what we believe. All other spirit children that come to earth have mortal parents that beget/co-produce our bodies of flesh and bone. But Jesus was the only begotten son of God Himself.

If you will make that adjustment to your statement you will be OK.

So here it is: God brought forth the spirits of all men, including Jesus. He did begat/produce 1 of those spirit children in a flesh and bone body, and that was Jesus. The other spirit children had mortal parents that begat/co-produced them.

2) The other false statement that you make is that God is blood and bones.

You know this is not correct, but yet you say it. God is a perfect, exalted, resurrected Man of flesh and bone and spirit. That is what we teach.

2 errors in a small statement: make the corrections and you will be OK. Continue to spout these falsehoods and you will be a liar. God does not like liars.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You do not tell the truth, because you leave out that God begot/produced Jesus Christ with a flesh and bone body, like His. That is what we believe. All other spirit children that come to earth have mortal parents that beget/co-produce our bodies of flesh and bone. But Jesus was the only begotten son of God Himself.

I meant you teach that God is flesh and bones---not blood.

Just one: Show me the prophets writings that tell us that we are thankful to satan for our existence.

I would like to see that in print. Thank you.

When you "take the make-up off", you also slice and bake the face to fit your distorted view of what we believe, you go way farther than "taking the make-up off", you make up false stuff to make us look really bad. Not a good thing to do.

The choice of Adam and Eve brought to pass a great blessing— through becoming mortal they were able to carry out the Lord’s other commandment to multiply and replenish the Earth and create physical bodies for His spirit children to come to Earth and gain knowledge and experience. The prophet Lehi in the Book of Mormon explained,
If Adam had not transgressed, he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. …
And they would have had no children; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin.
But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things.
Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.
Some people may think that Adam and Eve’s transgression is the reason why we are in our mortal state and experiencing all kinds of mortal difficulties and suffering. But the truth is, the Fall (a term used by the Church referring to Adam and Eve’s transgression) was a necessary step for us to progress and become like our Heavenly Father.
With these truths revealed, may we look at Adam and Eve’s transgression as an event that we must all be thankful for.
What do Mormons Believe About Adam and Eve? | Faith.ph

It's difficult to follow things right now---one of my posts was removed so I can't remember it.
Now---I did not lie.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You have told 2 lies in just this little statement.

1) He begot 1 son in the flesh. That was Jesus. He can produce innumerable men and women in the flesh if He wanted to, but He has only begot/produced 1 son in the form of flesh and bone and blood.

The scriptures tell us that we are correct in that position. John 3:16.

If you will make that adjustment to your statement you will be OK.

So here it is: God brought forth the spirits of all men, including Jesus. He did begat/produce 1 of those spirit children in a flesh and bone body, and that was Jesus. The other spirit children had mortal parents that begat/co-produced them.

2) The other false statement that you make is that God is blood and bones.

You know this is not correct, but yet you say it. God is a perfect, exalted, resurrected Man of flesh and bone and spirit. That is what we teach.

2 errors in a small statement: make the corrections and you will be OK. Continue to spout these falsehoods and you will be a liar. God does not like liars.
[/QUOTE]

Jesus was the Son of God before the incarnation---He was spirit as His Father and as the Holy Spirit.
He became human. God's only Son was of His own substance--after the incarnation, that changed and Jesus was now human. He became human through the Holy Spirit.
You know very well that I was talking about all of us being spirit children of the Father and His wife/wives---but He is supposed to be flesh and bone so He should have had children that were all flesh and bone---not "spirit children" ---I did not lie!! There is another thing God does not like---slander!!

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do know the real Moroni, it is through him that we have the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon has spread throughout the world as has The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. The prophesy is being fulfilled:

Once again, this does not say what you want it to say to fit your theology. This is not describing your angel Moroni and is not a "prophecy" that is currently being fulfilled. It's John's vision of things to come. You've skipped over a few chapters of events that precede it in order to support your cherry picking theology.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I meant you teach that God is flesh and bones---not blood.

The choice of Adam and Eve brought to pass a great blessing— through becoming mortal they were able to carry out the Lord’s other commandment to multiply and replenish the Earth and create physical bodies for His spirit children to come to Earth and gain knowledge and experience. The prophet Lehi in the Book of Mormon explained,
If Adam had not transgressed, he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. …
And they would have had no children; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin.
But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things.
Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.
Some people may think that Adam and Eve’s transgression is the reason why we are in our mortal state and experiencing all kinds of mortal difficulties and suffering. But the truth is, the Fall (a term used by the Church referring to Adam and Eve’s transgression) was a necessary step for us to progress and become like our Heavenly Father.
With these truths revealed, may we look at Adam and Eve’s transgression as an event that we must all be thankful for.
What do Mormons Believe About Adam and Eve? | Faith.ph

It's difficult to follow things right now---one of my posts was removed so I can't remember it.
Now---I did not lie.

Thank you for clarifying what God is made of.

If you would have said what is in red, I would have no problems with that. But this is where your, "I take off the make-up and reveal the real thing" starts to go far off the truth.
It says that the transgression was an event that we must all be thankful for.

You think that you uncover the truth by saying, "so Mormons are thankful to satan for our existence". That goes too far if you tell people that Mormons thank satan for the event. We do not believe that, we believe that God is in control of all things. We thank God for all that happened in the garden. The end.

So do not say we are thankful to satan for anything. That is a lie.

We are not thankful to satan for anything.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for clarifying what God is made of.

If you would have said what is in red, I would have no problems with that. But this is where your, "I take off the make-up and reveal the real thing" starts to go far off the truth.
It says that the transgression was an event that we must all be thankful for.

You think that you uncover the truth by saying, "so Mormons are thankful to satan for our existence". That goes too far if you tell people that Mormons thank satan for the event. We do not believe that, we believe that God is in control of all things. We thank God for all that happened in the garden. The end.

So do not say we are thankful to satan for anything. That is a lie.

We are not thankful to satan for anything.

You are thankful for what Satan had Adam and Eve do---that is clear enough for anyone to understand! You are grateful for sin---what a horrible thing to say! Say it however you want---Satan did that, and you are thankful for it! That's what I MEAN, YOU WANT TO COVER IT UP SO IT SOUNDS GOOD---BUT IT DOESN'T, NO MATTER HOW Y0U SAY IT! Our God doesn't need the help of Satan to have Adam and Eve procreate! You are saying we would not have existed without the help of Satan! You make it that we are thankful for sin, as it was through sin that Adam and Eve were able to do what God had already commanded. Children are a blessing from God---not Satan---Put all the lipstick you want on that pig---it's still a pig!

Upvote 0