WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟17,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everybody,

I have some reflections with Holy Week coming up.

The main thing that has meant most to me is prayers with Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Also, Jesus at the last supper.

I'd like to share with you some things which I have put on my website.

Here goes:

Seven Prayers With Jesus In The Garden Of Gethsemane

Prayer of Surrender and Trust | Trusting in God’s Plan

‘Nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.’ – Luke 22:42

In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus humbly surrendered his own desires to trust in God’s plan. Let us learn from Jesus’ example and place our trust in God, knowing that His plan is always best.

Dear Jesus, just as you trusted in God’s plan in the Garden of Gethsemane, help me surrender my will to Him. I trust that you know what is best for me, even when things are hard or confusing. Guide me, and help me to trust in your perfect plan for my life. Amen.

Prayer For Divine Assistance | Seeking Strength In God’s Help

‘And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.’ – Luke 22:43

In the Garden of Gethsemane, an angel appeared to Jesus and provided him with strength. Let us remember that God is always ready to assist and strengthen us in our times of need.

Dear Jesus, when I am weak and in need of help, I know that you are there for me. Just as an angel strengthened you in the garden, I ask for your divine assistance. Please give me the strength, courage, and perseverance to face any challenges that come my way. Thank you for being my source of strength and support. Amen.

Prayer For Forgiveness And Reconciliation | Extending Forgiveness And Love

‘Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.’ – Luke 23:34

In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus displayed unparalleled forgiveness and love. He prayed for forgiveness for those who crucified him, showing us the importance of extending forgiveness to others.

Dear Jesus, your forgiveness and love in the Garden of Gethsemane inspire me. Help me to forgive those who have hurt me, just as you forgave those who crucified you. Grant me the strength and grace to let go of any bitterness or resentment in my heart. Fill me with your love and compassion, and help me to reconcile with others. Amen.

The page on my website there is: Seven Prayers With Jesus In The Garden Of Gethsemane | Meditations On The Love Of Jesus Christ | Love Revealed By Jesus | King James Audio Bible | KJV – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

I mean, there's loads, there's loads.....

This is my reading audio of Psalm 22 : My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me?

I don't know how to forward the audio here - for my reading. My reading is alright.

Some words:

The Anguish Of Jesus On The Cross

The cry of Jesus on the cross, ‘My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?’ is a haunting expression of Jesus’ suffering and abandonment. The psalm has a very special value because we are able to see that it prefigured Christ’s feelings, and provides insight as to how we might articulate meaning in the crucifixion.

There is a deep duality – a stereophonic aspect – to Jesus’ words upon the Cross in this respect. On the one hand, some point simply to the howl of anguish, literally: ‘My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?’ Others emphasize that Jesus meant to signify the whole of the psalm, and so Jesus’ words at the time be understood as a movement through suffering and the blackest of despair, towards ultimate confession of God’s truth and fealty – God’s triumph in the Son upon the Cross.

Psalm 22 speaks of the psalmist’s enemies surrounding him, piercing his hands and feet, and dividing his garments among themselves – all of which find parallels in the events of Jesus’ crucifixion. Did Jesus thereby mean to communicate the entirety of the psalm and its completion – or did Jesus howl in irreconcilable anguish? Or are both interpretations, both readings, simultaneously true?

The audio on my site is here:

My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me? | Jesus On The Cross | Psalm 22 | King James Audio Bible – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

I put it on YouTube too!