More Evidence Emerges Confirming Covid Lab-Leak Theory, But Corporate Media Stay Silent

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Given what we know now, a coronavirus pandemic that emerged out of Wuhan more than three years ago seems less like a coincidence.

A leaked document coauthored by American and Chinese scientists provides fresh and disturbing evidence supporting the Covid origin lab-leak theory.

Emily Kopp, an investigative journalist at U.S. Right to Know, an online publication about “Pursuing truth and transparency for public health,” reported recently that her organization has obtained a 2018 grant proposal called Project DEFUSE, coauthored by the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) and their counterparts in the United States, including EcoHealth Alliance.

According to Kopp, Project DEFUSE “proposed engineering high-risk coronaviruses of the same species as SARS and SARS-CoV-2.” The content of this proposal is concerning for several reasons. First, the proposal “involved synthesizing spike proteins with furin cleavage sites — the same feature that supercharged SARS-CoV-2 into the most infectious pandemic pathogen in a century.”

Second, the proposal publicly stated that such risky research would be done at American scientist Ralph Baric’s high-containment BSL-3 lab at the University of North Carolina. But Peter Daszak, CEO of EcoHealth, revealed in his private comments that once the project is funded, he would let the WIV conduct some of the risky research, despite knowing the WIV is only a BSL-2 lab and has “fewer safety precautions than required in the U.S.” Baric responded that “U.S. researchers would ‘freak out’ if they knew the novel coronavirus engineering and testing work would be conducted in a BSL-2 lab.”

According to Kopp of U.S. Right to Know, “Biosafety levels range from one (BSL-1) to four (BSL-4), with BSL-4 being the most stringent. … Many scientists say viruses that may be transmitted through the air should at minimum be studied in BSL-3.”

Daszak and other Americans on the project team omitted to disclose the WIV’s involvement to Project DEFUSE’s intended funder, the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), “in order to evade any national security concerns about doing high-level biosecurity work in China.” Daszak didn’t provide Chinese scientists’ resumes to DARPA “to downplay the non-US focus of this proposal so that DARPA doesn’t see this as a negative.”

What’s even scarier is that these documents “also show the researchers intended to use less regulated SARS-related coronavirus research as proof of concept in order to extend their high-risk methods to more deadly viruses like Ebola, Marburg, Hendra and Nipah,” according to Kopp. Some scientists’ ongoing interest in experimenting with those contagious and lethal viruses is one of the many reasons why we must understand the origin of Covid-19 because such knowledge may help prevent the next pandemic.

The first link at the top of this post is from an article that is about 12 pages long. I have only copied and pasted the first few pages of the article here. Please read the remainder of the article, as well as the linked sources to which is referred.
I look forward to any and all comments about this topic.

Reactions: Jay Freeman

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Do you really believe the truth about this virus will ever emitted or found out. We are living in the age of deception. Satan is the ruler of the kingdoms of the world in this age and satan speaks no truth.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
-
Do you really believe the truth about this virus will ever emitted or found out. We are living in the age of deception. Satan is the ruler of the kingdoms of the world in this age and satan speaks no truth.
Although I agree that Satan is the ruler of the kingdoms of this world and that he is the father of lies as stated in the Bible, I do believe that a lot of factual truths about the engineering and leaking of the coronaviruses has been discovered.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'll explain to anyone else how you can identify a "conspiracy" from a "conspiracy theory". The latter typically being the subject of much ridicule.

Your typical conspiracy theory eventually runs into a how or why problem that isn't explainable without some supernatural, extraterrestrial, or otherwise unprovable explanation. Everything from flat earthers to chemtrails runs into the problem. Flat earthers imagine a variety of why we're lied to about the shape of the earth....how being typically a matter of unprovable points. Chemtrails have no actual explanation...especially for how those responsible avoid negative effects.

This is a conspiracy. There's no irrational how or why. We know how....we know they engineered these viruses and why they debated doing it. Why not admit the truth? Because the mistake cost millions of lives. No one wants to claim responsibility for that. Most concerning, Fauci and other experts conferred through emails showing the experts strongly believed it a lab-made virus. Fauci suggests an in-person discussion, commissions a "study" from a Wuhan expert...he peer reviews this research himself....and of course, it pushes the wet market conclusion without any evidence.

Fauci and his peers conferred and three days later reached the opposite conclusion based on research paid for and reviewed by Fauci himself. The research cites likely possibilities....not hard evidence.

No hard evidence has been found for the wet market theory.

Much circumstantial evidence has been found for the lab leak theory.

How? By virus genetic manipulation. Why? Ostensibly, to study the possibility of dangerous viruses and ways to combat them. Less obvious is the motives of securing large research grants and capital.

According to one of the experts who flipped, and I'm paraphrasing, he was 99% sure of a lab leak because for thus virus to have these characteristics...about 4 things never observed before in nature would have to occur. The only reason why he didn't say he was 100% certain was as a scientist, it's unbecoming to be 100% certain...the possibility of being wrong must be considered.

This enough is ample to show that a cover up of a lab leak (likey accident) occurred. If you're wondering why experts would lie...they could do nothing about it anyway....and Fauci has considerable control of who gets funding.

I'm assuming that the data in the OP was recovered from the data wipe that occurred at the lab months before the outbreak was reported.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So the Federalist deals I'm political speculation. Not surprised, and definitely not convinced.
Would you be interested in reading any of the linked research in that article? You ought to be able to find that there is not much political speculation at all in that research.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
1. The virus is natural without modifications, so "gain of function" is not relevant. It is a red herring. The viral geneticists are very clear that the virus that began the epidemic in Wuhan was not the product of genetic editing.
2. A lab leak in to the Wuhan public or an encounter between humans and wildlife at the wet market is interesting but largely irrelevant. Both involve human irresponsibility. The article doesn't cite any information that would distinguish between the two (locality of the first case or details of specific earliest cases showing a personal or secondary tie to one of those potential sources.)
3. "US Right to Know" (the primary source for this article) is known for making attacks on the biotech industry and they do not seem to be above a misleading attack.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Although I agree that Satan is the ruler of the kingdoms of this world and that he is the father of lies as stated in the Bible, I do believe that a lot of factual truths about the engineering and leaking of the coronaviruses has been discovered.
-
You may be right, but i will always side with a great deal of mistrust for powers that be.

I see this age of satan as a complete contrast to the coming Messianic age and the 1000 year rule of Jesus. Lies as compared to truth for rule, to mis-justic as a rule to perfect Justice as rule.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What I don't understand about this thread, is why the need for a loaded title?

"More Evidence Emerges Confirming Covid Lab-Leak Theory, But Corporate Media Stay Silent"

I mean, If there is evidence for a lab leak or evidence for a wet market, or nature, what does it matter one way or another?
Why are MAGA extremists keen on tying everything to the "Woah is me" narrative? And by the way, why is it important to MAGA extremists to have the origins of the outbreak be a lab leak?

I don't get it?

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why are MAGA extremists keen on tying everything to the "Woah is me" narrative? And by the way, why is it important to MAGA extremists to have the origins of the outbreak be a lab leak?

We must create an enemy. The military- industrial complex and defense budget require it.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Given what we know now, a coronavirus pandemic that emerged out of Wuhan more than three years ago seems less like a coincidence.

A leaked document coauthored by American and Chinese scientists provides fresh and disturbing evidence supporting the Covid origin lab-leak theory.

Emily Kopp, an investigative journalist at U.S. Right to Know, an online publication about “Pursuing truth and transparency for public health,” reported recently that her organization has obtained a 2018 grant proposal called Project DEFUSE, coauthored by the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) and their counterparts in the United States, including EcoHealth Alliance.

According to Kopp, Project DEFUSE “proposed engineering high-risk coronaviruses of the same species as SARS and SARS-CoV-2.” The content of this proposal is concerning for several reasons. First, the proposal “involved synthesizing spike proteins with furin cleavage sites — the same feature that supercharged SARS-CoV-2 into the most infectious pandemic pathogen in a century.”

Second, the proposal publicly stated that such risky research would be done at American scientist Ralph Baric’s high-containment BSL-3 lab at the University of North Carolina. But Peter Daszak, CEO of EcoHealth, revealed in his private comments that once the project is funded, he would let the WIV conduct some of the risky research, despite knowing the WIV is only a BSL-2 lab and has “fewer safety precautions than required in the U.S.” Baric responded that “U.S. researchers would ‘freak out’ if they knew the novel coronavirus engineering and testing work would be conducted in a BSL-2 lab.”

According to Kopp of U.S. Right to Know, “Biosafety levels range from one (BSL-1) to four (BSL-4), with BSL-4 being the most stringent. … Many scientists say viruses that may be transmitted through the air should at minimum be studied in BSL-3.”

Daszak and other Americans on the project team omitted to disclose the WIV’s involvement to Project DEFUSE’s intended funder, the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), “in order to evade any national security concerns about doing high-level biosecurity work in China.” Daszak didn’t provide Chinese scientists’ resumes to DARPA “to downplay the non-US focus of this proposal so that DARPA doesn’t see this as a negative.”

What’s even scarier is that these documents “also show the researchers intended to use less regulated SARS-related coronavirus research as proof of concept in order to extend their high-risk methods to more deadly viruses like Ebola, Marburg, Hendra and Nipah,” according to Kopp. Some scientists’ ongoing interest in experimenting with those contagious and lethal viruses is one of the many reasons why we must understand the origin of Covid-19 because such knowledge may help prevent the next pandemic.

The first link at the top of this post is from an article that is about 12 pages long. I have only copied and pasted the first few pages of the article here. Please read the remainder of the article, as well as the linked sources to which is referred.
I look forward to any and all comments about this topic.
Limb. Out. Going. Not true.

Upvote 0

Jay Freeman

Nov 18, 2023
Anywhere USA
✟3,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What if the "Lab Leak" story is just a red herring?

Attachments

• Covid cured the flu.jpg
    Covid cured the flu.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What if the "Lab Leak" story is just a red herring?

I don't think you understand what a red herring is if you're asking that....

I would agree with you 100% that flu virus deaths were almost certainly counted as COVID deaths to justify certain policies and laws but the idea that the "lab leak" is just a "theory" at this point is just one of those comforting lies people cling to when the truth is a little too uncomfortable for them.

If the lab leak was meant as a distraction by our government, then our government wouldn't have gone to such criminal lengths to silence and discredit anyone who said the words "Lab Leak" in the same sentence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I mean, If there is evidence for a lab leak or evidence for a wet market, or nature, what does it matter one way or another?

This is an absolutely astounding statement to me.

It's like saying, "Eh, who cares if US government officials funded gain-of-function research in defiance of established policies and that research resulted in the worst pandemic in a century and then lied about it under oath to congress to cover up their involvement and coerced social media companies to censor anyone who mentioned the possibility. I mean, what's the big deal, really?"

I don't even know how to respond to that line of thinking.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Limb. Out. Going. Not true.

You don't still believe in the "wet market theory" do you?

I understand certain things were done to people during the pandemic....and that's embarrassing, especially if you're one of those people who swallowed the propaganda so easily, but no one is immune to propaganda. Unless you're one of those awful people who demonized the folks protesting to keep their businesses open, or acted like the Stasi and ratted out your neighbors for having a BBQ during the lockdowns, or otherwise in that deplorable group suggesting that the unvaccinated not be allowed into hospital ICUs l....I think most people are willing to forgive any ignorant or naive statements you may have made about the vaccine.

We all saw it happen. We saw...

1. A clear cover-up involving Fauci and other experts who believed very strongly that the virus was man-made, and multiple experts within the field all change their minds on the virus' origins over a 3 day period where they held a private, off-line, personal meeting.

2. A vast government sponsored and media collaborated attempt to smear and discredit any experts who disagreed about the origins of the lab-leak.

3. The rushing and approval of a largely untested vaccine, the lies about its efficacy, and the government sponsored and media collaborated promotion of said vaccine onto a largely ignorant and overly trusting public. This was the inevitable result of 1# the rushed FDA approval of the vaccine without much of the prerequisite testing and 2# the inevitable consequences of pre-ordering billions of dollars of doses of the vaccine which is the equivalent of flushing taxpayer money down the drain.

4. The massive propaganda campaign smearing anyone smart enough to question the official narrative as not only a "wacko" or "conspiracy theorist" but also a "danger to public health". The first two being completely unfair and largely untrue and the third being completely untrue.

5. The absolute lack of any cost/benefit analysis of measures ranging from mask mandates, 6ft distancing, self imposed quarantines, school closings, etc...all of which have cost lives.

I personally noticed something terribly wrong with the mainstream left wing legacy media when I saw how they reported the Evergreen college incident. Then it was more and more apparent with stories like the Covington school incident, Jussie Smollet, and on and on...

By the time covid hit I was well past understanding that WaPo, NYT, CNN, MSNBC, and many other formerly respected media were openly lying and unashamed of it. I used to make fun of Fox News viewers who treated their reporting as the unvarnished truth despite the many lies they've been caught in. The same now holds true for anyone who still treats the outlets mentioned above as reliable. If you hadn't noticed the lies prior to covid....there's no reason to trust these sources post covid. I mean, there’s still posters here who think ivermectin is "horse medicine". It's willful ignorance at this point.

There is no current evidence for the wet market theory...none. There never has been. The lab leak theory has, a treasure trove of both direct, indirect, and circumstantial evidence

"More Evidence Emerges Confirming Covid Lab-Leak Theory, But Corporate Media Stay Silent"

I don't get it?

Clearly. I'll lay it out really simply for you....accountability. Hundreds of millions of people died, worldwide, because of a virus. To avoid this from happening again in the future, and to understand what course of action would be better....we need accountability. To get accountability, we need the truth.

Do you "get it" now?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is an absolutely astounding statement to me.

It's like saying, "Eh, who cares if US government officials funded gain-of-function research in defiance of established policies and that research resulted in the worst pandemic in a century and then lied about it under oath to congress to cover up their involvement and coerced social media companies to censor anyone who mentioned the possibility. I mean, what's the big deal, really?"

I don't even know how to respond to that line of thinking.
You cherry picked a comment from my post and took it completely out of context.

What I'm saying is that the evidence is where it falls.
Whether it was a lab leak or a wet market or whatever is important with regards to try to reduce the chances of such a thing happening again. Or even for accountability if some one was negligent or even criminal.

But, it's not politically important at all.
For some reason the hyper MAGAs are clinging to this idea of a lab leak as if it is so very important for them for this to have originated from a lab. As if, they somehow score political points if it was.

Personally myself, I have no horse in this race, I don't care if it is a wet market or a lab leak. I'll just follow the evidence.

I've just done a quick internet search just now, because I haven't been paying attention for quite a while, maybe something new has come to light.
But, alas, nothing.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I don't get it?
Because Trump said China created the virus, and Trump must always be right about everything he says, no matter what.

-- A2SG, this from the group that thinks drinking bleach and nuking hurricanes are good ideas....

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Your first mistake is to label anyone who might say "woah is me" is a MAGA extremist. There are liberal groups, ethnic groups, minority groups, who are all woah is me and are far from Maga extremists.

Woah is me seems to be a common issue with humans in general.

In answer to your second question the issue is truth. In the end it doesn't matter as to what happened as to who's fault it is.People died, the world was turned upside down and we still are suffering the effects of it all. But people really want the truth. What really happened? And while no one is going to go to jail or no one is going to be executed etc. There are those who should ultimately loose complete credibility over it.

People just want the truth, not a cover up. And there is nothing wrong with that, no matter what your political leanings might be.

Upvote 0