Visit site
✟27,276.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Too many Christians approach witnessing like a bunch of 'headhunters' there is little love, compassion or understanding..... and when the victim does not respond in the desired manner.... they either move on to the next one or bombard them with more 'threats' of damnation.

This is not to say that they are not sincere.... they may be sincere but are misguided.... misguided in the sense that they either feel 'compelled' to witness in order to win Gods favor..... or are of the mistaken belief that 'their' witnessing is going to 'change somebody mind'

When we realize that it's nothing to do with us..... then we take a new approach..... we SURRENDER to the Spirit of God..... confess that we are NOTHING and can do NOTHING..... and we allow God to do His work in and thru us.... He tells us who to speak to .... and when.... puts the words into our mind as to what to say.... and does the work in the person's heart because He has chosen us to meet that person at exactly that moment to deliver His message to them.... remember Philip ? ..... and notice the power of God in everything.... the timing.... etc. .... Philip's only participation was to be OBEDIENT to God.... and the Ethiopian was ministered to by God thru Philip.

If a person truly has a burden on their heart for the Jewish people ..... and it has been put there by God.... then He will lead them and there will be results... selected souls will be saved.

Blanket 'witnessing' to the Jewish people after the manner of some of the postings I see in here will achieve less than nothing..... Jewish people already have animosity to Christ and Christians it is even written into their 'religious texts'...... what is the point of annoying and angering people with a 'gospel' ?.... do you think that as a whole you will gain 'headway' by this approach ?

If a person is really living for God and being obedient to Christ according to the Bible.... their witnessing will be guided by God and it will be effective.

So your prayer should be "Father, lead me to the ones you have chosen me to minister to today and be in full control of the situation and let not myself get in the way of YOUR work"

Now I have no intention of responding to all the accusations being thrown at me... and I will not be getting into arguments with any of you.... my commandment is to speak the TRUTH.... to teach, to preach, to exhort with all diligence and to explain the Word of God more fully.

This is a Christian forum isn't it ?.... and if I cannot expound and explain the Word of God in here that would be really sad...... so just like Paul after He had proclaimed the message of God to the Jews at Rome .... they went away and had great disputing among themselves over what he told them, but that was not his problem..... he continued to minister to all that came to him.... no man forbidding him..... whenever the Word is preached there will be those who receive it with joy.... and those who resist it.... so I am not really surprised that there is such contention over what I say in here.

Finally for those of you who are still clinging to your hatred or envy of the Jewish race...... and who believe that you have somehow superseded their 'position' and robbed them of their birthright and inheritance as the 'people of God'...... I wish you would read Romans 11:25 - 29 ..... an be not wise in your own conceits..... in fact I think you should read the entire Chapter 11 or Romans ...... boast not yourself against the root that bore thee

The Millennium about which I started this thread will be a glorious reality ...... even if none us are still alive on this earth when it transpires....... and in the meantime, for those of us who are living daily in the presence of God, we are already living in eternity..... because we already have everlasting life and light in the presence of the Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too many Christians approach witnessing like a bunch of 'headhunters' there is little love, compassion or understanding..... and when the victim does not respond in the desired manner.... they either move on to the next one or bombard them with more 'threats' of damnation.

This is not to say that they are not sincere.... they may be sincere but are misguided.... misguided in the sense that they either feel 'compelled' to witness in order to win Gods favor..... or are of the mistaken belief that 'their' witnessing is going to 'change somebody mind'

When we realize that it's nothing to do with us..... then we take a new approach..... we SURRENDER to the Spirit of God..... confess that we are NOTHING and can do NOTHING..... and we allow God to do His work in and thru us.... He tells us who to speak to .... and when.... puts the words into our mind as to what to say.... and does the work in the person's heart because He has chosen us to meet that person at exactly that moment to deliver His message to them.... remember Philip ? ..... and notice the power of God in everything.... the timing.... etc. .... Philip's only participation was to be OBEDIENT to God.... and the Ethiopian was ministered to by God thru Philip.

If a person truly has a burden on their heart for the Jewish people ..... and it has been put there by God.... then He will lead them and there will be results... selected souls will be saved.

Blanket 'witnessing' to the Jewish people after the manner of some of the postings I see in here will achieve less than nothing..... Jewish people already have animosity to Christ and Christians it is even written into their 'religious texts'...... what is the point of annoying and angering people with a 'gospel' ?.... do you think that as a whole you will gain 'headway' by this approach ?

If a person is really living for God and being obedient to Christ according to the Bible.... their witnessing will be guided by God and it will be effective.

So your prayer should be "Father, lead me to the ones you have chosen me to minister to today and be in full control of the situation and let not myself get in the way of YOUR work"

Now I have no intention of responding to all the accusations being thrown at me... and I will not be getting into arguments with any of you.... my commandment is to speak the TRUTH.... to teach, to preach, to exhort with all diligence and to explain the Word of God more fully.

This is a Christian forum isn't it ?.... and if I cannot expound and explain the Word of God in here that would be really sad...... so just like Paul after He had proclaimed the message of God to the Jews at Rome .... they went away and had great disputing among themselves over what he told them, but that was not his problem..... he continued to minister to all that came to him.... no man forbidding him..... whenever the Word is preached there will be those who receive it with joy.... and those who resist it.... so I am not really surprised that there is such contention over what I say in here.

Finally for those of you who are still clinging to your hatred or envy of the Jewish race...... and who believe that you have somehow superseded their 'position' and robbed them of their birthright and inheritance as the 'people of God'...... I wish you would read Romans 11:25 - 29 ..... an be not wise in your own conceits..... in fact I think you should read the entire Chapter 11 or Romans ...... boast not yourself against the root that bore thee

The Millennium about which I started this thread will be a glorious reality ...... even if none us are still alive on this earth when it transpires....... and in the meantime, for those of us who are living daily in the presence of God, we are already living in eternity..... because we already have everlasting life and light in the presence of the Lord.
You run from response on post #56 why?

You claim/suggest that those who don't agree with your interpretation concerning the Jew/Israel are "Antisemitic"?

The Church is The Israel Of God Romans 9:6-8

The Church Are The Children Of The Promised Seed.

The Children Of The Flesh "Jews" Are Not The Children Of God.

Is That "Antisemitic"?

You need to refrain from your personal attacks on God fearing christian, myself being one, with "The False Claim" of "Antisemitism".

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christian brethren who are adhering to orthodox Jewish doctrines involving today's Israel are in grave danger, because of the events prophesied to occur in the NT involving the coming false one there in Jerusalem to setup false worship for the very end of this world.

One of the denials orthodox Judaism has today, which is written to occur in God's Word, is Scripture like Ezekiel 37 which declares the joining back to the holy lands of the two 'houses' of Israel which God separated long ago in Solomon's days (1 Kings 11 thru 2 Kings 17). Orthodox Judaism is trying to teach that that has happened today when it has not, and will not, until the day of Jesus' return to do it. The Ezekiel 37 Scripture is for after... Christ's second coming.

So until Jesus returns to take over all kingdoms of this world, the nation state of Israel in the middleast is still going to just be a portion of the 3-tribe "house of Judah" per God's promise to David and Jerusalem in 1 Kings 11. The majority of the children of Israel will remain scattered til then, as it still is to this day.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Finally for those of you who are still clinging to your hatred or envy of the Jewish race...... and who believe that you have somehow superseded their 'position' and robbed them of their birthright and inheritance as the 'people of God'
Please stop with the false accusations and insults. Nobody here has "hatred or envy" of the Jewish race. Although I understand how you might come to that conclusion because the foundation of your beliefs is flawed. And if the foundation is flawed, your entire belief structure is flawed.

The foundation of all of this is the name "Israel". You think that name still belongs to those people who call themselves Jews living in that little land in the middle east. Well, if you knew what Israel actually meant you wouldn't be so confused. Israel is Christ, and all who are in Christ.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The word "Israel" literally means "he who rules with God" or "He who prevails with God". It is the followers of Jesus who rule with God. We, as Christians, are part of the kingdom of God. The unbelieving nation of Israel does not follow Jesus, therefore they are not part of the group titled “Israel”. They are the branches that have been broken off.

That privilege, and that title, has been taken away from them and given to "a people who will produce it's fruit".

As humans we name people (or nations) and that name stays with them forever, regardless of how they change. God on the other hand names people (or nations) according to who they are or what they do, and those names can be taken away and given to somebody else if they are no longer deserving of that name. That is what he has done.

The name Israel (he who rules with God) belongs to anyone who rules with God, aka Christians.

Romans 9:6
6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Ephesians 2:14-22
New International Version (NIV)
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Isaiah 48
Listen to this, you descendants of Jacob,
you who are called by the name of Israel
and come from the line of Judah,
you who take oaths in the name of the Lord
and invoke the God of Israel—
but not in truth or righteousness
2 you who call yourselves citizens of the holy city
and claim to rely on the God of Israel—

See, God says these descendants of Judah call themselves Israel and citizens but God does not consider them so.

In respect to God’s purposes, the name Israel is not a name that describes the Jewish people, the other lost kingdoms or the nation that exists in the Middle East today, but rather it is a name given to those who will reign with God in the kingdom of God. Whether that includes Jews or Gentiles is irrelevant. It is based on grace, not lineage, that we are a part of this kingdom. And it is citizenship in this kingdom that affords us the title, Israel.

This is not what you call "replacement theology". This is scripture. In fact, when you want to take those promises made to Christ and give them to the anti-Christs, it's you who are guilty of replacement theology, replacing Christ with national Israel.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please stop with the false accusations and insults. Nobody here has "hatred or envy" of the Jewish race. Although I understand how you might come to that conclusion because the foundation of your beliefs is flawed. And if the foundation is flawed, your entire belief structure is flawed.

The foundation of all of this is the name "Israel". You think that name still belongs to those people who call themselves Jews living in that little land in the middle east. Well, if you knew what Israel actually meant you wouldn't be so confused. Israel is Christ, and all who are in Christ.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The word "Israel" literally means "he who rules with God" or "He who prevails with God". It is the followers of Jesus who rule with God. We, as Christians, are part of the kingdom of God. The unbelieving nation of Israel does not follow Jesus, therefore they are not part of the group titled “Israel”. They are the branches that have been broken off.

That privilege, and that title, has been taken away from them and given to "a people who will produce it's fruit".

As humans we name people (or nations) and that name stays with them forever, regardless of how they change. God on the other hand names people (or nations) according to who they are or what they do, and those names can be taken away and given to somebody else if they are no longer deserving of that name. That is what he has done.

The name Israel (he who rules with God) belongs to anyone who rules with God, aka Christians.

Romans 9:6
6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Ephesians 2:14-22
New International Version (NIV)
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Isaiah 48
Listen to this, you descendants of Jacob,
you who are called by the name of Israel
and come from the line of Judah,
you who take oaths in the name of the Lord
and invoke the God of Israel—
but not in truth or righteousness
2 you who call yourselves citizens of the holy city
and claim to rely on the God of Israel—

See, God says these descendants of Judah call themselves Israel and citizens but God does not consider them so.

In respect to God’s purposes, the name Israel is not a name that describes the Jewish people, the other lost kingdoms or the nation that exists in the Middle East today, but rather it is a name given to those who will reign with God in the kingdom of God. Whether that includes Jews or Gentiles is irrelevant. It is based on grace, not lineage, that we are a part of this kingdom. And it is citizenship in this kingdom that affords us the title, Israel.

This is not what you call "replacement theology". This is scripture. In fact, when you want to take those promises made to Christ and give them to the anti-Christs, it's you who are guilty of replacement theology, replacing Christ with national Israel.

So LastSeven,

Are you saying that God made the nation of Israel, (supernaturally as we well know) and spent many centuries working with them till finally He, God has to move to plan B, just US?

Mmmm where is God`s omniscience in all of that?

Care to explain? Marilyn.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So LastSeven,

Are you saying that God made the nation of Israel, (supernaturally as we well know) and spent many centuries working with them till finally He, God has to move to plan B, just US?

Hi Marilyn,

US it is. All believers irrespective of DNA. Plan A from the very beginning.

Ephesians 1
4 According as he hath chosen US in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So LastSeven,

Are you saying that Jesus Christ was plan B?

You don't think that God knew all along that the people would be unable to save themselves without Christ? Don't you know that even in the desert, the forefathers drank the same spiritual drink, from the same spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ? (1 Corinthians 10:1-4)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

US it is. All believers irrespective of DNA. Plan A from the very beginning.

Ephesians 1
4 According as he hath chosen US in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

So jgr,

why did God make the nation of Israel if we are the only Plan?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that Jesus Christ was plan B?

You don't think that God knew all along that the people would be unable to save themselves without Christ? Don't you know that even in the desert, the forefathers drank the same spiritual drink, from the same spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ? (1 Corinthians 10:1-4)

Yes good scriptures there bro, regarding looking forward to Christ, and He is Plan A the only plan. So why do you think God made the nation of Israel?

Interested, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So LastSeven,

Excuse me for butting in.

Haven't you read Romans 11?

Rom 11:19-23
9 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

KJV

Paul made it very plain that his brethren the Jews also MUST... believe on Christ Jesus to be saved, which also has to mean being a part of God's true Israel. There will be no flesh-based salvation plan, for the promises to Israel were always conditional, and per this same Rom.11 chapter, Paul shows there is only a remnant of the seed of Israel God had preserved for the end (but it's a huge remnant, in Christ Jesus).

Later on Paul says this to those in Christ Jesus...

Rom 11:25-29
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

KJV

How would our Heavenly Father judge to condemnation one of the seed of Israel that He Himself blinded so The Gospel could go to the Gentiles? He won't. Everyone's eyes must be opened to His Truth before they can be held accountable. So what Paul is saying there, is when that blindness put upon the deceived of His people is removed, then they will see and understand, and... believe, and thus all Israel (true Israel) will do that. But until then, many of them will remain deceived today in order for prophecy to be fulfilled.

As for those of the "synagogue of Satan", who say they are Jews, but do lie and are not, those also will stand in judgment throughout Christ's future Millennium reign (Rev.3:9).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephen Mendes

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Bridgetown
Visit site
✟27,276.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I daresay behavior is betraying ... animosity is literally exuding from 'page'.... anyway.... sticking to the topic of the Millennial Kingdom and the earthly rule of Jesus Christ from the capital Jerusalem... with the Jewish remnant serving their function as prescribed by the Most High God in His Book our wonderful Bible.

I have seen many scriptures hurled at me on this thread and taken out of context and with twisted interpretations but actually nobody has tackled Romans Chapter 11

One would have thought that while rushing to condemn me you would have wanted to totally demolish my perceived pillar ? .... that would obviously be the logical approach to serious discussion....
.... but instead all sorts of stuff has been posted to distract and obfuscate the truth.... to mislead the innocent and confuse the uninitiated... do you seriously expect me to provide individual refutation to all your many 'quotations' when you neither read nor address the Scriptures that I submit ?

Jesus once said to those arrayed against Him... 'the baptism of John was it from heaven or of human origin ?'...... when they refused to answer.... He refused to tell them anything further.

The same way that some of you are reacting to me.... is the same reaction Jesus would get if He walked into quite a few 'churches' today..... churches that claim to be Christian.... churches that allege to promote Him..... when in reality they are the modern day equivalent of the 'the Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites'..... and a 'brood of vipers'.

Like the martyr Stephen (my namesake) I come into a Christian forum to discuss Christian topics ..... and because I tell you the truth ..... you stop your ears and gnash with your teeth.... are you so attached to your 'pet theories' ..... or so blind to the truth (like the Scribes and Pharisees of old) that you will not let the Spirit of God work in your lives and lead you into all truth.

Any non-opinionated human being examining your answers to my missives will realize the following.

1. You waste no time in attacking me PERSONALLY.... suggesting I am a heretic.... or that I am not even Christian.... while it is true that I have suggested some flaws in the postings in relation to both doctrine and Christian character.... I have NOT called out anyone specifically or responded personally to ANYONE ..... non-posting readers are left to wonder if I have struck a 'nerve'.... perhaps there may be some truth to my 'generalized observations' ?

2. Where are the fruits of the Spirit ? ..... Did not Paul say to the Corinthian church who were ready to go to to law against each other ..... that they should rather allow themselves to be defrauded .... read 1 Corinthians 6:7...... what about John's epistles of LOVE ? ..... where is the love ? ...... even if you think I am an arrogant hypocrite (which conclusion you would not come to if you had really read my missives in TOTALITY..... I am totally surrendered to the LORD.... I have no other purpose in life but to do His Will.... and speak the words that He gives me to speak .... and to do the things that He has for me to do.

3. Finally the Word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword..... so I hope you know how to wield it .... otherwise it will cut you in the process ..... have you read it in totality ? ..... be honest with yourself..... are you one of those persons who grabs at verses and just hurls them around ..... or simply repeats what you have been told by someone else.... your church or your friends ?.

4. As I said before.... Jesus lamented ..... why do you call me Lord. Lord and not DO the things that I say ..... the Word of God is meant to be LIVED OUT and OBEYED ..... not merely argued over for intellectual purposes.

If you think I am wrong to come into a so-called Christian place and remind people what being a Christian really means....... then re-read some posts in here and see if they tally with the Word of God.

In any case.... as Paul said ...... it never hurts to remind people of their true calling..... to put them in remembrance ..... to rebuke, exhort with all diligence towards a more Holy and dedicated life.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes good scriptures there bro, regarding looking forward to Christ, and He is Plan A the only plan. So why do you think God made the nation of Israel?

Interested, Marilyn.
I believe the first covenant, and the original nation of Israel, were both necessary to prove the point that man can not save himself. I also believe they were both types of a better covenant and a better Israel to come.

• Agree
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I daresay behavior is betraying ... animosity is literally exuding from 'page'.... anyway.... sticking to the topic of the Millennial Kingdom and the earthly rule of Jesus Christ from the capital Jerusalem... with the Jewish remnant serving their function as prescribed by the Most High God in His Book our wonderful Bible.

I have seen many scriptures hurled at me on this thread and taken out of context and with twisted interpretations but actually nobody has tackled Romans Chapter 11

One would have thought that while rushing to condemn me you would have wanted to totally demolish my perceived pillar ? .... that would obviously be the logical approach to serious discussion....
.... but instead all sorts of stuff has been posted to distract and obfuscate the truth.... to mislead the innocent and confuse the uninitiated... do you seriously expect me to provide individual refutation to all your many 'quotations' when you neither read nor address the Scriptures that I submit ?

Jesus once said to those arrayed against Him... 'the baptism of John was it from heaven or of human origin ?'...... when they refused to answer.... He refused to tell them anything further.

The same way that some of you are reacting to me.... is the same reaction Jesus would get if He walked into quite a few 'churches' today..... churches that claim to be Christian.... churches that allege to promote Him..... when in reality they are the modern day equivalent of the 'the Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites'..... and a 'brood of vipers'.

Like the martyr Stephen (my namesake) I come into a Christian forum to discuss Christian topics ..... and because I tell you the truth ..... you stop your ears and gnash with your teeth.... are you so attached to your 'pet theories' ..... or so blind to the truth (like the Scribes and Pharisees of old) that you will not let the Spirit of God work in your lives and lead you into all truth.

Any non-opinionated human being examining your answers to my missives will realize the following.

1. You waste no time in attacking me PERSONALLY.... suggesting I am a heretic.... or that I am not even Christian.... while it is true that I have suggested some flaws in the postings in relation to both doctrine and Christian character.... I have NOT called out anyone specifically or responded personally to ANYONE ..... non-posting readers are left to wonder if I have struck a 'nerve'.... perhaps there may be some truth to my 'generalized observations' ?

2. Where are the fruits of the Spirit ? ..... Did not Paul say to the Corinthian church who were ready to go to to law against each other ..... that they should rather allow themselves to be defrauded .... read 1 Corinthians 6:7...... what about John's epistles of LOVE ? ..... where is the love ? ...... even if you think I am an arrogant hypocrite (which conclusion you would not come to if you had really read my missives in TOTALITY..... I am totally surrendered to the LORD.... I have no other purpose in life but to do His Will.... and speak the words that He gives me to speak .... and to do the things that He has for me to do.

3. Finally the Word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword..... so I hope you know how to wield it .... otherwise it will cut you in the process ..... have you read it in totality ? ..... be honest with yourself..... are you one of those persons who grabs at verses and just hurls them around ..... or simply repeats what you have been told by someone else.... your church or your friends ?.

4. As I said before.... Jesus lamented ..... why do you call me Lord. Lord and not DO the things that I say ..... the Word of God is meant to be LIVED OUT and OBEYED ..... not merely argued over for intellectual purposes.

If you think I am wrong to come into a so-called Christian place and remind people what being a Christian really means....... then re-read some posts in here and see if they tally with the Word of God.

In any case.... as Paul said ...... it never hurts to remind people of their true calling..... to put them in remembrance ..... to rebuke, exhort with all diligence towards a more Holy and dedicated life.
Wow. Your rant just exudes "holier than thou" like I've rarely seen before. If you want to debate the points as you say, then what was the point of this? As if I don't know.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me for butting in.

Hi Davy,

I think we are agreeing bro -

`And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on me whom they have pierced; they will mourn for him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for him as one grieves for his first-born.` (Zech. 12: 10)

Marilyn.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the first covenant, and the original nation of Israel, were both necessary to prove the point that man can not save himself. I also believe they were both types of a better covenant and a better Israel to come.

Hi LastSeven,

I think the first centuries of man clearly showed that man was very wicked & couldn`t save himself -

`Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.` (Gen. 6: 5)

So back to the drawing board bro. ie You might like to have another think why God made the nation of Israel.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sticking to the topic of the Millennial Kingdom and the earthly rule of Jesus Christ from the capital Jerusalem....

Hi Stephen,

So can you please clarify that statement for me please; ie are you saying Jesus will rule physically on the earth in the millennium or OVER and through Israel in the millennium?

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So back to the drawing board bro. ie You might like to have another think why God made the nation of Israel.

Marilyn.
If you disagree, then why don't you tell me your opinion before I go "back to the drawing board".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you disagree, then why don't you tell me your opinion before I go "back to the drawing board".

OK LastSeven,

Thanks for asking.

I believe, God made the nation of Israel, (miraculously through Isaac) to learn of God`s ways and teach the nations of the world about God. We see this fulfilled in the millennium -

`Many nations shall come and say, "Come and let us go up to the mountain of the God of Jacob; He will teach us of His ways, and we shall walk in His paths...` (Micah 4: 2)

Also...that through this nation the Saviour would be born, and thus legally not only be the rightful king of Israel, but also the ruler over the earth.

Jesus could have been born of mankind without God making the nation of Israel, but when God made man responsible for government, (Gen. 9: 5) then their needed to be a man worthy, eventually to rule the world. And we know the one who alone is worthy of that as well as the ruler in all realms of God`s great kingdom.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK LastSeven,

Thanks for asking.

I believe, God made the nation of Israel, (miraculously through Isaac) to learn of God`s ways and teach the nations of the world about God. We see this fulfilled in the millennium -

`Many nations shall come and say, "Come and let us go up to the mountain of the God of Jacob; He will teach us of His ways, and we shall walk in His paths...` (Micah 4: 2)

Also...that through this nation the Saviour would be born, and thus legally not only be the rightful king of Israel, but also the ruler over the earth.

Pretty darn close.

OT Church:

Ex 19:5-6
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me above all people: for all the earth is Mine:

6 And ye shall be unto Me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

KJV

NT Church:

1 Peter 2:9-10
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His marvellous light:

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
KJV

It's especially about responsibility to God as His ambassador to the nations. Care of The Gospel Jesus Christ was to be one of the main responsibilities of the nation of Israel, but false crept in unawares sneaked in Israel's stay (Judges 2 & 3) and corrupted her and tried to destroy The Gospel which was first given through Abraham (Gal.3).

That is why Jesus said in Matt.21:43 that the kingdom of God would be taken from those unbelieving corrupters among Judah at Jerusalem and instead given to a people who would bring forth the fruits thereof. So indeed Jesus was sent to Jerusalem and Judah first, coming into Jerusalem riding on an ass just as the OT prophets said He would, and He fulfilled what the prophets foretold of Him, yet Jerusalem rejected Him because of the 'tares' that had crept in among the good wheat, misleading our true brother Judah.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe, God made the nation of Israel, (miraculously through Isaac) to learn of God`s ways and teach the nations of the world about God.

Well, it's true that we, as followers of Christ, and children of God (the Israel of God), are a royal priesthood tasked with spreading the gospel, but I thought you were asking about the original physical nation of Israel, not the Israel of God.

On the other hand, if we dissect the meaning of the term "Israel", that nation really was the same thing as the nation of which I am a citizen today. Even the Israel of old, was so called because they were the "people of God". The only difference being that even those who rejected God were graciously allowed to remain citizens of Israel, whereas today (since Christ) anyone who does not believe is not a citizen of Israel for that reason.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the point of your question was.

Upvote 0