Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The OP is proposing that we interpret the Bible via Marxist or postmodernist viewpoints. Just because there are near infinite interpretations does not mean we must use a literalist mindset, that's a bad reasoning. Literal interpretations have never yielded an accurate prediction. This is also where postmodernism fails. You can't even interpret the objects in this world literally but by utility... how they can be used to accomplish tasks. This is why Marxism fails in experiments. If you program AI to interpret objects literally it can never accomplish a task and is therefore useless. It must be taught (programmed) to see utility.

Your proposing that we wait for 7- headed beasts and dragons to appear on the earth and therefore revert back to superstition and ignorance which is also what happens under Marxism. I doubt the poster realizes what forces are actually influencing his relationship and views of God.

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

In the text above Paul seems to be saying New Jerusalem was already in existence during his time.

In the following verses from the Book of Revelation is also seems to indicate New Jerusalem is already in existence in heaven.

Rev_3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev_21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev_21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

DING DING DING!!

Give that man a Cigar!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just a few years ago I also believed there would be mortals living during the millennium.
Why? Because that is what my preacher said and that is what my church taught.

Then I started reading my Bible.

I ran into serious problems at Matthew 25:31-46.
People at my church tried to say it was only about rewards. Why? Because the passage destroyed their doctrine.

Then I found 2 Timothy 4:1, which says Christ will judge both the living and the dead at His appearing.

One of the breakthroughs for me came when a local Baptist preacher did a lesson on how the Book of Revelation is a series of overlapping visions, instead of a perfect chronological order.
That allowed me to take more of the text at face value, while still understanding also that it is a book of symbols.

Then I noticed that many had to ignore certain passages to make their doctrine work.
We have "the nations" and "wrath" and "the time of the judgment of the dead" in Revelation 11:18.
I had never seen anybody really deal with this text. I now know why.
It causes real problems for the premill doctrine.

If I could get the premill doctrine to work, I would gladly accept it as the truth.
So far, that has not been possible.
I also have to admit I have a real problem seeing Christ officiating funeral services during a 1,000 year period where sin and death remain, after His Second Coming.
Focusing narrowly on any Old Testament passage without looking at it through the eyes of the New Testament writers often produces confusion.

I had to accept the following, because it is the only thing that I can get to work, when considering the whole of the text.

Hello BAB...........reading the Bible is always best.......................

Amillennialism Study Archive @ PreteristArchive.com - The Internet's Only Balanced Look at Preterism @ PreteristArchive.com

Amillennialism

"Armageddon Now" Theology & Christian Zionist Politics
Pro-Dispensationalism | Dispensationalist Dementia

FOR QUESTIONS ON WHETHER EXPLORING THESE ISSUES IS ANTI-SEMITISM, REFER TO THE "ANTISEMITISM" ARCHIVE

STUDY ARCHIVES: Amillennialism | Apocalyptic | Christian Zionism | Dispensationalism | Eschatology | Hermeneutics | Historicism | Idealism | Millennial Reign of Christ | Preterism | New Covenant Theology | Postmillennialism | Premillennialism | Pre-Tribulational Rapture | Reconstructionism | "Seventy Weeks" | Parousia | Universalism | J.N. Darby | Jerry Falwell | Thomas Ice | Tim LaHaye | Hal Lindsey | C.I. Scofield | Jack and Rexella Van Impe | John F. Walvoord | Christian Zionism and Salvation for the Jews | Philip Mauro: The Gospel of the Kingdom & The Hope of Israel

Are you a Christian Zionist? Take the litmus test: "Do you believe that the modern state of Israel is a fulfillment of Bible prophecy?"

Christian Zionism: The Tragedy and The Turning | How Evangelicals Became Israel's Best Friend

Amillennialism - Wiki | A Defense of (Reformed) Amillennialism | Amillennialism: Intoduction and the Book of Revelation | amillennialism and premillennialism | Google Books | Premillennialism vs Amillennialism

Oswald Allis | St. Aurelius Augustine | J. Marcellus Kik | Kim Riddlebarger | John Wesley

Preterist Amillenarianism Defined
Posted by Jason Robertson

Upvote 0