Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To rob someone you would have to cut off their hand.

Did you know they can be tracked by satellite so the governments of the world would know exactly where every single person is?

I wouldn't say have to cut it off but would be a fast and easy way for a poor person to rob you.

But we do agree this is a negative for people who may think it's cool. What was wrong with cash?

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It was a Calvinist who almost destroyed my faith. But God answered my prayer and showed me the right way.

What teaching exactly almost destroyed your faith, the one being discussed? I'm the worst at getting my faith destroyed, then coming back after feeling like I've finally answered an objection. Actually 'Faith' in general has always been my major weakness. I have been infuriated many times throughout the years that you can't completely reason your way to belief.

However, slowly but surely through the years I started to realize something. Intellectually I had both a pile of reasons that made me believe it was true, and I had a pile of reasons to make me think it's false. What I started to realize was that if Christianity is just a bunch of made up fables from a bunch of clowns thousands of years ago, what on Earth was I doing with a pile of reasons to make me think it's true?? Because no other religion on Earth even presents 1 reason to me that makes me think that it could be true.

So I guess what I just described is the difference between faith and empty faith. Faith meaning I have some intellectual verification that I'm not a fool, but I still have to take a leap. Blind faith being a 100% intellectual leap.

So I guess I'm just curious what challenged you, I almost guarantee it also challenged me at one point lol.

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What teaching exactly almost destroyed your faith, the one being discussed? I'm the worst at getting my faith destroyed, then coming back after feeling like I've finally answered an objection. Actually 'Faith' in general has always been my major weakness. I have been infuriated many times throughout the years that you can't completely reason your way to belief.

However, slowly but surely through the years I started to realize something. Intellectually I had both a pile of reasons that made me believe it was true, and I had a pile of reasons to make me think it's false. What I started to realize was that if Christianity is just a bunch of made up fables from a bunch of clowns thousands of years ago, what on Earth was I doing with a pile of reasons to make me think it's true?? Because no other religion on Earth even presents 1 reason to me that makes me think that it could be true.

So I guess what I just described is the difference between faith and empty faith. Faith meaning I have some intellectual verification that I'm not a fool, but I still have to take a leap. Blind faith being a 100% intellectual leap.

So I guess I'm just curious what challenged you, I almost guarantee it also challenged me at one point lol.

I do like what you wrote. You have a good spirit to you. I have lived homeless before on and off in like 3 years of my life. I also travled around America.

During my time at shelters I visited varied churches and got many different views and saw and read different bibles.

Just seems basically all the same and if it's good with God its good with me. I have a personal relationship with God and everyone else's really ain't my business.

But if God moved I move. Hands down.

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Their beliefs on predestination and free will. Avoid them. Almost caused me to turn away from God.

I was very young in the Faith at the time. I know better now, having studied much.

Do you currently attend church?

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but I am not in full agreement with their teachings. My options are limited, being that I am a Sabbath keeper.

Yes I understand. I myself do not go to church. I do feel as if it's a very good idea for a new member in God's kingdom for spirtual growth. However if they feel as they need to take it to the people and streets and leave then I don't think that should be held against someone.

God may be working and you may not know it at first.

I could hold my homeless situation against God. It was rough trust me. Didn't really want to be there honestly. But looking back I understand why I went thru what I did.

It's hard to tell where your at until your there looking back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just wondering? In binary we have a 1 and 0 for basically a digital switch. So they hope to make a quantum computer. It has 1&0, and 1&0 at the same time. Binary is the most basic form of math.

So i think that 1&0, and 1&0 at the same time sounds like a perfect state for our world.

Can't think of anything better than that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i find that it is silly indeed.. so many people are saying to themselves no no no its the mark of the beast... well if you was so sure of that tell me how will this mark be in the hand or the forehead? naa its not going in the forehead... as much as it might hurt to say for some of you... lets give the great deceiver some credit where it is due... who is deceived about this... not many to none... the other side of this argument is even more compelling... why do more people seek to avoid the mark of the beast yet we do not desire to know the seal of god more??? would it not be easy for me to say and it be true that you COULD indeed avoid the mark of the beast and still be lukewarm? dont try and avoid the mark as much as you should be seek the seal of god.... we should know this to be truth and not opinion.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i find that it is silly indeed.. so many people are saying to themselves no no no its the mark of the beast... well if you was so sure of that tell me how will this mark be in the hand or the forehead? naa its not going in the forehead... as much as it might hurt to say for some of you... lets give the great deceiver some credit where it is due... who is deceived about this... not many to none... the other side of this argument is even more compelling... why do more people seek to avoid the mark of the beast yet we do not desire to know the seal of god more??? would it not be easy for me to say and it be true that you COULD indeed avoid the mark of the beast and still be lukewarm? dont try and avoid the mark as much as you should be seek the seal of god.... we should know this to be truth and not opinion.

Well I have more information to come. Just letting people get caught up and brought up to speed. I'm not sure if I'll win this debate but we do get to study some science facts that are really cool.

But I been waiting for this.

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sure lets look at some more scripture... to tho.. the last days will be like the days of noah. i would look into the giants and the evil in the hearts of men how their every thought would be on evil all the time.. for me.. what i understand since the mark will be either on the hand or the forehead and the seal of god (the elect) will be on their forehead... so is it possible that the mark of the beast that is on the forehead could it be possible that it is the thoughts of man? the mark that is on their hands... could it be possible that it is in their works??? in the same way could the seal of god be in the renewing of their mind?

Upvote 0