Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Either way you look at it, its a wonderful way to get people "comfortable" with the idea of having something put in or on their body, seeming very innocent/easy/quick/convenient, we live in a drive thru window kinda world.

I agree. Dose the mark matter? I don't think it matters what church you goto as long as God is there. There are false religions but that dosnt mean God only visits one kind of church. So if the real God is there then he will use it for his purpose.

I talked to a Christian man named Robert on the internet live chat. I asked him if time crystals violated God? I thought 4d space was his. He read the wiki and told me "I don't think God has a problem with this. He will use it for his purpose."

Robert reminded me of that. I had no worries.

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People fear technology, so people make conspiracies about the beast and technology.

My view is the mark of the beast is maybe something like a burnt in symbol on you. Or maybe beyond a physically thing, such as you are "marked" spiritually speaking.

Could be.

Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟40,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As someone else already mentioned (and I alluded to) it is also very likely the mark will be an action or mentality that associates said person with the beast.

This is the correct answer. The mark cannot be physical. If it were, it could be forcibly applied to a Christian. And since we know all who have the mark will suffer eternally under God's wrath (Revelation 14:9-11), it doesn't make good explanatory sense for it to be something that can be rubber stamped.

As in Deuteronomy, the hands symbolize action; the forehead symbolizes thoughts. Our thoughts and actions mark our external allegiance to either God or Satan. It will be obvious who is a follower of the Beast by their loyal, consistent, and wholehearted commitment to him.

Deuteronomy 6:4-8
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

Deuteronomy 11:18
You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

The later legalistic Jews made the same exegetical mistake we see many making with the mark of the Beast in Revelation.

"What was given originally as a metaphor became for later Jews a literal injunction. The present passage, along with 11:13–21 was written on small scrolls, placed in small leather containers and bound on the forehead and the left arm when the Shema was recited. The origin of the phylacteries (cf. Matt. 23:5) lies in this literalism. The phylacteries were worn by every male Jew during the time of morning prayer except on the sabbath and on festival days, which were signs in themselves. A further practice developed, that of enclosing these four passages in a small container for attaching to the doorpost of one’s house (the mĕzûzâ). Ancient copies of these documents have been found in the Qumran caves and elsewhere. Clearly such a practice might well have had deep significance for some people. The small passages of Scripture were ‘signs’ standing for the whole body of the law which was to be observed and taught. But where the practice descended into one of legalism, it destroyed the whole spirit of the ancient injunction. It was love toward God and the remembrance of all his past mercies that moved men to obedience. These were signs enough, apart from any physical reminders. The recollection of the saving acts of God and the declaration of his covenant demands would suffice to keep faith and allegiance alive."

J. A. Thompson, Deuteronomy: An Introduction and Commentary, vol. 5, Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1974), 139–140.

As for being prohibited from buying and selling, I presume this mark plays an economic role through the above mentioned allegiance and not via the actual mechanism of monetary transaction.

• Informative
Reactions: Dirk1540
Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the correct answer. The mark cannot be physical. If it were, it could be forcibly applied to a Christian. And since we know all who have the mark will suffer eternally under God's wrath (Revelation 14:9-11), it doesn't make good explanatory sense for it to be something that can be rubber stamped.

As in Deuteronomy, the hands symbolize action; the forehead symbolizes thoughts. Our thoughts and actions mark our external allegiance to either God or Satan. It will be obvious who is a follower of the Beast by their loyal, consistent, and wholehearted commitment to him.

Deuteronomy 6:4-8
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

Deuteronomy 1:18
You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

"What was given originally as a metaphor became for later Jews a literal injunction. The present passage, along with 11:13–21 was written on small scrolls, placed in small leather containers and bound on the forehead and the left arm when the Shema was recited. The origin of the phylacteries (cf. Matt. 23:5) lies in this literalism. The phylacteries were worn by every male Jew during the time of morning prayer except on the sabbath and on festival days, which were signs in themselves. A further practice developed, that of enclosing these four passages in a small container for attaching to the doorpost of one’s house (the mĕzûzâ). Ancient copies of these documents have been found in the Qumran caves and elsewhere. Clearly such a practice might well have had deep significance for some people. The small passages of Scripture were ‘signs’ standing for the whole body of the law which was to be observed and taught. But where the practice descended into one of legalism, it destroyed the whole spirit of the ancient injunction. It was love toward God and the remembrance of all his past mercies that moved men to obedience. These were signs enough, apart from any physical reminders. The recollection of the saving acts of God and the declaration of his covenant demands would suffice to keep faith and allegiance alive."

J. A. Thompson, Deuteronomy: An Introduction and Commentary, vol. 5, Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1974), 139–140.

As for being prohibited from buying and selling, I presume this mark plays an economic role through the above mentioned allegiance and not via the actual mechanism of monetary transaction.

But with what I know. God's plan unfolds and can't be stoped. I'm going to save the lost. That's what I'm going to do. I don't know what ever one else will do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟40,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I may even save a saved person already that has grace
That's fine. Just checking.

Hi, have you been a member of a forum before? Posting multiple times just a few minutes apart really gums up a thread. Try to formulate one comment with all of your ideas. You can even quote multiple people in the same comment.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Or even pressured. I'll tell you right now I'll have the chip put in me in a second if they threatened to hurt a baby or something if I didn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am so up for this. No more stolen passwords. No more cards. No more passports.
But Id prefer Iris identification. .. i dont want someone stealing my chip by cutting off my hand.... but really a chip is like yayyyyyyy yessss. I dont get money stolen, and i decrease identity theft because.....no cards

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so up for this. No more stolen passwords. No more cards. No more passports.
But Id prefer Iris identification. .. i dont want someone stealing my chip by cutting off my hand.... but really a chip is like yayyyyyyy yessss. I dont get money stolen, and i decrease identity theft because.....no cards
It would be too easy for corrupt people to mess with your buying and selling power. Do you realize how hard your life will be if you can't buy or sell? You need to think this through.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It would be too easy for corrupt people to mess with your buying and selling power. Do you realize how hard your life will be if you can't buy or sell? You need to think this through.
I dont see how. Give me an explanation or examples

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont see how. Give me an explanation or examples
What if for some reason you get on the wrong side of the controllers of the chip technology (could be a corrupt government), and they decide to turn off your buying power as a form of punishment to force you to comply with a law that violates your human rights, how do you think that is going to turn out for you? Or what if someone hacks into the system and does the same? A cashless society could be very problematic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0