Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I first heard about this n the 90's when Texas Instruments had developed a microchip the size of a grain of rice to be implanted under the skin. It was taught as being the mark of the beast, however I do not believe that to be the case. The reason being that the seal of God is put on the forehead of His servants, of which 144,000 are from the tribes of Israel (I wont get into the argument at this point whether that is all of them that will have the seal or just the ones from Israel, I've heard arguments for both and dont claim to know for sure). This is before the mark of the beast is received in Revelation 13.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if for some reason you get on the wrong side of the controllers of the chip technology (could be a corrupt government), and they decide to turn off your buying power as a form of punishment to force you to comply with a law that might violate your human rights, how do you think that is going to turn out for you? Or what if someone hacks into the system and does the same? A cashless society could be very problematic.
To rob someone you would have to cut off their hand.

Did you know they can be tracked by satellite so the governments of the world would know exactly where every single person is?

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hello to all and God bless.

I would like to add to discussion. Ive been an amateur on this subject for some time and book of revelations - no expert.

In the section of revelations that mentions the mark. We see a system of the beast in place which is economical, political and spiritual. In specific reference to the mark, you can only buy or sell if you have received it. This suggests a spiritual and economic situation as those who receive it seem to be condemned.

The mark what ever it may be is spiritual condemnation for those who receive it and an economic advantage to those who take it.

I subscribe to Pascal on this subject of microchips and the mark of the beast. Better not to take the chip then to take it.

Microchip technology and human technology has shot through a new level. We know more about the brain and biology than before. Technology in my time has improved exponentially and from what i can gather the next 20-50 years is going to be remarkable and fantastic.

Things of interest

Elon musk and some tech companies want to incorporate computers and human beings. There is talk of 'installing' a cpu to a human mind to increase our bit rate - make us smarter and think quicker. They want to make us cyborgs. Another idea here is to try and extend the human life.

Mind control is now successful. A university hooked a man to sensors and were able to control his hand movements 100s of miles away.

They are making software and hardware that can read your mind and display your thoughts on a screen. It is not functional yet but is providing interesting results. They had ppl look at faces and remember them. The software would try to display what that persons was thinking of on the screen.

The us army are developing telepathy for soldiers using the concept of a chip in the head which soldiers will then be able to communicate to each other through thought.

The wrist and temple are the only 2 places to install devices which run from thermo conductivity.

Micro chips are inexpensive to make. Google have released edible chips.

There are many forseeable and theoretical ideas on how else to use human implanted chips than economic. Telepathy, mind control, help the body function better ie regulate heart beat, wireless movement, surveillance, read the mind, interaction with computers and machines, and hooking us up to the internet.

It may sound sci fi but it is now forseeable in the future that someone could control you, watch you and manipulate you from a distance, without your consent.

To a degree, whatever the mind can fathom, we may be able to develop and I fear the imagination of an ungodly man

Implementing a cashless society in a first world may not mean implementing one in the third world. However as technology improves and things become desireable or the norm, it is not impossible. Also given the wests desire to release the third world from poverty, Major corps and humane billionaires may fund such programs as aid. Beware of billionaires bearing gifts ie George Soros.

India are preventing high currency denominations from circulating and have made them unusable.

I believe there to be a good arguement that the chip could be the mark of the beast but my salvation does not rest on this alone. I can see other peoples interpretation and am not firmly of this conviction that the mark is the chip.

I believe also that confidently stating the chip is not the mark is also unfair. Assumptions either way are not cool.

We must be wise as serpants.

Micro chip could be the mark or may not be. I would recommend looking more into the subject. The possibe uses of micro chips could by instrumental to the system of the beast.

Im suspicious of technology and its control over individuals - but im a pessimist and always more susceptible to the 'what could go wrong' scenario.

Either way I put my trust in God and will always ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit. If you are not sure ask for wisdom from God.

God bless you all through Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One interesting theory is that the mark of the beast will be a computer chip, surgically implanted under the skin, by a totalitarian government wishing to exercise total control over its citizens. "Right hand or forehead." Certain people may have been injured and lost their right hand or even their whole arm, so in that case, the mark would have to go in their forehead.

I can see the mark being something that is scanned (just as products in a store are scanned when you purchase them). Depending on how far along technology progresses by the time the mark of the beast is implemented, could be a computer chip or something similar. I've heard some people say they believe it could be an infrared tattoo. Since tattoo's have become more normative in society these days, many unbelievers may see getting an infrared invisible tattoo as something really cool.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To rob someone you would have to cut off their hand.
Not necessarily. Tech to clone RFID chips has been around for years. Someone scans your chip as you walk past them, they clone the chip and put it on a glove and clean out your bank accounts.

Building an RFID cloner is fairly easy:

www.minipwner [dot] com/thotcon06/RFID_Cloner_Instructions_THOTCON.pdf

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What if for some reason you get on the wrong side of the controllers of the chip technology (could be a corrupt government), and they decide to turn off your buying power as a form of punishment to force you to comply with a law that violates your human rights, how do you think that is going to turn out for you? Or what if someone hacks into the system and does the same? A cashless society could be very problematic.
Its very much as casless society now and we are all online. Corrupt govts can already restrict your freedom right now if they choose.... you can have your assets frozen, passport suspended and you can be hacked right now. To me this is more secure n easy

Ill take the chip now thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or even pressured. I'll tell you right now I'll have the chip put in me in a second if they threatened to hurt a baby or something if I didn't.

Agreed, this and any other absurd situation is only made possible if the mark is physical. Worship of the Beast and receiving the mark are intimately intertwined - you can't have one without the other. It is impossible for a true Christian to have the mark. As such, it is bizarre that many true Christians are so concerned about ignorantly or accidentally being "marked". Worship of the Beast takes cognitive awareness and intention. The mark is a metaphor for spiritual allegiance.

Upvote 0

Apex

Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True; but not impossible for a believer to depart from the faith (Lk. 8:13; Heb. 6:6; 1 Tim. 4:1; Matt. 24:12-13; Rev. 14:12).

We will have to agree to disagree on that theological point. I tend to believe that the analogy Jesus used for salvation - birth (born again) - fails to be a workable analogy if salvation could be lost. Nicodemus might have been wrong on what type of birth Jesus was referring to (spiritual vs physical), but he was spot on in understanding that birth is a one-time, irreversible event. We can no more climb back into our mother's physical womb as we can climb back into our Father's spiritual inner recesses.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will have to agree to disagree on that theological point. I tend to believe that the analogy Jesus used for salvation - birth (born again) - fails to be a workable analogy if salvation could be lost. Nicodemus might have been wrong on what type of birth Jesus was referring to (spiritual vs physical), but he was spot on in understanding that birth is a one-time, irreversible event. We can no more climb back into our mother's physical womb as we can climb back into our Father's spiritual inner recesses.
You aren't disagreeing with me, but with the Scriptures. Please look up the Bible verse references I gave you, and pray over this matter. No need to argue your point with me. You won't convince me that those verses say anything other than what they clearly state.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apex

Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You aren't disagreeing with me, but with the Scriptures. Please look up the Bible verse references I gave you, and pray over this matter. No need to argue your point with me. You won't convince me that those verses say anything other than what they clearly state.

In that case, please forgive me, I was unaware that those verses were so clearly worded that all true Christians throughout church history have unanimously agreed to their interpretation. How foolish of me.

• Agree
Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0

Apex

Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, take it to God in prayer. God won't leave anyone in the dark who approaches Him with a sincere heart to know His will.

Are you assuming that since I have a different interpretation of scripture than you do, that I have not prayed to God sincerely or that he has not revealed His will to me?

How can we know who truly is in the dark here?

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You won't convince me that those verses say anything other than what they clearly state.

Be careful. The is what the entire field of exegesis is all about. Yes some things are clearly stated, but sometimes things are 'Deceptively Clear.' And even when exegesis is applied we could be left with a split decision on interpretation. I always like to remember what C.S. Lewis referred to as Mere Christianity.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be careful. The is what the entire field of exegesis is all about.
I am careful. That's why I do my best to do proper exegesis. Thanks.

And though C.S. Lewis was a great thinker, he was far from being a theologian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And though C.S. Lewis was a great thinker, he was far from being a theologian.

He did have some great insights! I'm still a huge fan of his one argument for the existence of God, the argument that humans are not born with urges that do not have a coresponding way to satisfy them, haha that was so clever.

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello to all and God bless.

I would like to add to discussion. Ive been an amateur on this subject for some time and book of revelations - no expert.

In the section of revelations that mentions the mark. We see a system of the beast in place which is economical, political and spiritual. In specific reference to the mark, you can only buy or sell if you have received it. This suggests a spiritual and economic situation as those who receive it seem to be condemned.

The mark what ever it may be is spiritual condemnation for those who receive it and an economic advantage to those who take it.

I subscribe to Pascal on this subject of microchips and the mark of the beast. Better not to take the chip then to take it.

Microchip technology and human technology has shot through a new level. We know more about the brain and biology than before. Technology in my time has improved exponentially and from what i can gather the next 20-50 years is going to be remarkable and fantastic.

Things of interest

Elon musk and some tech companies want to incorporate computers and human beings. There is talk of 'installing' a cpu to a human mind to increase our bit rate - make us smarter and think quicker. They want to make us cyborgs. Another idea here is to try and extend the human life.

Mind control is now successful. A university hooked a man to sensors and were able to control his hand movements 100s of miles away.

They are making software and hardware that can read your mind and display your thoughts on a screen. It is not functional yet but is providing interesting results. They had ppl look at faces and remember them. The software would try to display what that persons was thinking of on the screen.

The us army are developing telepathy for soldiers using the concept of a chip in the head which soldiers will then be able to communicate to each other through thought.

The wrist and temple are the only 2 places to install devices which run from thermo conductivity.

Micro chips are inexpensive to make. Google have released edible chips.

There are many forseeable and theoretical ideas on how else to use human implanted chips than economic. Telepathy, mind control, help the body function better ie regulate heart beat, wireless movement, surveillance, read the mind, interaction with computers and machines, and hooking us up to the internet.

It may sound sci fi but it is now forseeable in the future that someone could control you, watch you and manipulate you from a distance, without your consent.

To a degree, whatever the mind can fathom, we may be able to develop and I fear the imagination of an ungodly man

Implementing a cashless society in a first world may not mean implementing one in the third world. However as technology improves and things become desireable or the norm, it is not impossible. Also given the wests desire to release the third world from poverty, Major corps and humane billionaires may fund such programs as aid. Beware of billionaires bearing gifts ie George Soros.

India are preventing high currency denominations from circulating and have made them unusable.

I believe there to be a good arguement that the chip could be the mark of the beast but my salvation does not rest on this alone. I can see other peoples interpretation and am not firmly of this conviction that the mark is the chip.

I believe also that confidently stating the chip is not the mark is also unfair. Assumptions either way are not cool.

We must be wise as serpants.

Micro chip could be the mark or may not be. I would recommend looking more into the subject. The possibe uses of micro chips could by instrumental to the system of the beast.

Im suspicious of technology and its control over individuals - but im a pessimist and always more susceptible to the 'what could go wrong' scenario.

Either way I put my trust in God and will always ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit. If you are not sure ask for wisdom from God.

God bless you all through Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

So if technology can make a man walk then there's no spirt in it?

Upvote 0