Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The purpose for the lycra based clothing is the same as why we don't swim in one piece baggy dresses anymore....ill-fitting attire can get in the way for some sports. You can't see someone's body alignment in a baggy t-shirt and shorts...so you can't correct an exercise that is being done incorrectly before an injury occurs. Many girls grew up in sports such as gymastics, figure skating, dance...where baggy clothes can actually be dangerous...these clothes feel "natural" to exercise in. Yes, there are people who wear them to try to be noticed...but I think they are obvious because they also aren't going to be actually sweaty and probably are in full make-up.

ITA. I grew up in a dance studio, taking tap, jazz, a year of ballet, and 12 years of baton twirling (show, majorette, drill team and solo competitive twirling). Very hard to do complicated baton tricks in baggy pants and long-sleeved shirts.

I'm now a semi-serious recreational bicyclist. Spandex riding pants and T-shirts are my clothes of choice for that activity. And occasionally I do stop at a market after a ride if I need something. It's pretty obvious when you look at me that I am not out dressed that way to titillate the other shoppers. Not with sweat marks on my shirt and a bandanna on my head.

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
20150905_191443.jpg

Men don't watch this. Those are very immodest Dutch women in leggings.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If we eliminated all leggings from the world, men would quit lusting over women's bodies? Really? Queen Victoria tried to do this by requiring all legs to be covered...which is why piano legs and chair legs even had a covering...because without them, men would lose control.

This
Holiday-Looks-10924-681x1024.jpg
is very different from This
ip94f7-l-610x610-jacket-leggings-leather+leggings-leather-jean+jacket-leopard+print-heels-high+heels-studded-studded+heels-booties-leather+jacket-pants-jeans-cotton-toghts-cute-black-leapordprint-h.jpg
Personally, I think eliminating high heel shoes would do more for modesty than eliminating the pants. Most women really don't look good in the plain legging look because most of us don't have 18 year old bodies any more IF we ever did.

There are quite a few differences in the photos. Any particular reason you chose these to compare?

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ha, I'm wearing leggings right now. I do have a hip length tee shirt on to support USC. I'm heading to their game tonight!

I had no idea anyone had a problem with leggings. I have a billion and one pairs because I'd wear them under my uniform skirt to keep my legs warm whenever it fell below 70 and was therefore "freezing" to me. It covers more skin, so I thought it actually made the look more modest. I wear them in dance all the time, and often won't change immediately afterwards so I'll run about the city. I also keep a pair in the car so that if I am wearing a sundress or shorts and I get cold I can add them. It can get chilly at night in LA, even if it was hot during the day.

I've gotten hit on way more by guys when I'm in baggier pants, like the flares and loose yoga pants from Lululemon. For me I think I'm less attractive in leggings, but whatever, they're more comfy so I'm sticking to them!

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vanillaicecream

Melting...
Dec 20, 2012
✟19,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Right, are we talking about those tight trouser things that most women I know wear?

Not sure. You may be referring to skinny jeans.

I wear leggings and jeggings. Can't see any problem with it. It feels more comfortable to wear than jeans. I pair it with a long blouse/shirt plus it actually looks fashionable when you know how and when to wear it.

eb1d29ea45e5f226_leather-leggings-outfit.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟289,198.00
Faith
Christian
Seriously, when I did bar work, I used to work with girls who sold tequila shots, wearing nothing but lingerie. Some just wore normal, everyday underwear. It was just the norm to me.

If leggins get you all excited, then you've lived a very sheltered life.

Upvote 0