• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Leggings / Modesty

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Tess, Aug 16, 2015.

1. dayhiker

dayhiker Mature veteran

+4,723
    Charismatic
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I read the article and I think the way she is using lust isn't the way Jesus used lust. I think Jesus was talking about a desire to commit audelry in Mat.5;28

2. Goodbook

Goodbook Reading the Bible

+5,043
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Or the desire to commit yoga.
    Yoga is just practice for sex with demons.

3. Cearbhall

Cearbhall Well-Known Member

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    [​IMG]

4. Tess

Tess Not a tame Lion

+301
    Christian
    Single
    You can't be serious?!

5. Goodbook

+5,043
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Yep.
    Why would they lie down with their legs apart in the air and do all those breathing exercises?
    Think about it.
    Its a hindu practice, plus the ones who are higher in the yoga (which means to yoke someone) like in the ashrams advocate free sex with other people, like those gurus. People who dont know this are a bit naive.

6. Goodbook

+5,043
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Its the whole tantra thing.
    I know cause I used to do it before i was a christian, when became one I stopped. I wasnt far into it though.

7. Tess

Tess Not a tame Lion

+301
    Christian
    Single
    Some people practice yoga as a semi-religious practice, yes. But it is not to do with having relations with demons.

In any case, most people who do yoga do it for exercise and other health benefits such as improved flexibility. Yoga is not evil or wrong, it's just what you make of it. :)

But anyway, this thread isn't about yoga, it's abut wearing leggings.

8. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    Maybe you should look into it instead of settling for terribly biased assumptions as if you don't have access to the entire Internet. If I want to know why, I won't "think about it." I'll actually find out why.

9. Goodbook

+5,043
    Christian
    In Relationship
    The article was specifically bout yoga pants that show off your butt.

10. Goodbook

+5,043
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I would say yoga is wrong, and very deceptive about what its ultimate goal is...union with brahmin, the hindu gods.

11. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    No. Just no.

I'm curious, though. Do you actually think that yoga could lead to people having sex with demons, or do you put this in the same category as ouija boards?

12. Goodbook

+5,043
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Dont be unequally yoked with demon is what the bible says and I would take that as a warning. If you not a christian I suppose it wouldnt bother you. But I am.

13. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    Unequally yoked with a demon? Isn't that Bible verse about who you shouldn't marry?
    Avoiding yoga and sex with demons was never ever part of my Christian education and upbringing. :confused: My Catholic school actually promoted yoga...

14. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+842
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    So many delicious responses……. but I'd probably get banned. On the other hand, it might be worth it. But, again, I might feel wrong about responding; it's so simple it could be wrong-full deck or not?. yikes! the quandary

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  15. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    Your sig gif says it all, once again. ^_^

16. Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding Virtus semper viridis

+6,657
    United States
    Christian
    Private

Nowhere in the Bible does it say to never be 'unequally yoked with a demon'. ...Period. The end. Case closed. Over and out.

Certainly there are many people who practice yoga for the 'spiritual' aspect of it and mediation. And as a Christian, I would never recommend yoga for those particular purposes to fellow Christians. But yoga in itself, as in the exercise and stretching, is wonderfully beneficial and poses no harm, spiritual or otherwise, to anyone.

17. Paul K

Paul K Newbie

+44
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I attend gym regularly in order to prevent injuries. Now back to the topic of leggings, or mini shorts that most women use in conjunction with skimpy tank shirts and stuff. I find that sometimes they are too distracting. For me, I find women who wear loose shorts and loose shirts are more attractive than women who use leggings/minishorts with skimpy tank shirts. May I know what is the sole reason why women wear those in a coed gym, if not, to attract opposite mate? I know that they can be comfortable, but I've noticed that many women who wear mini shorts, often adjust them to avoid showing too much. So why not use a loose shorts which is usually longer and covers more. On the flip side, men, come on, I don't want to see you peacocking all the time with skimpy shirt, showing off your bulging biceps and muscles, causing some of us to feel intimidated. Going to the gym are for exercising, not a meat market where you can find a date or whatever. I go there to prevent future injuries, doing rehab as I have chronic knee injuries often. Sometimes I find it irritating to see that people go to the gym with the sole purpose of "peacocking" hoping to nab a date or whatever. So both men, and women, need to dress properly, and go to the gym to exercise, and I don't want to see any flaunting. Thats my opinion.

P

18. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    You'd have to ask each individual woman. It could be that she stopped at Walmart on the way there and grabbed what she saw. Maybe it's the opposite and she splurged on the workout clothes that are the most ergonomically designed. Maybe she didn't want to go shopping at all, so she's using clothes that she wears under other clothes, or clothes that she doesn't mind getting sweaty in because they're old.

Or, maybe some are trying to attract people. I don't see a problem with that.
    I'm a bit confused about why you're complaining about the skimpy/tight clothing being too distracting if you know that you're more attracted to the loose clothing.

19. Fenwick

Fenwick I literally don't care

+6,456
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm going to call Poe.

20. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States