Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust?

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟454,265.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it's using metaphorical language to convey how I feel about the desire between men and women.

The fire is already blazing, has been for ever. And, it's not even necessarily a bad thing, seeing as it is useful for improving some aspects of wildlife habitat.

But, as we know, it can rage out of control and threaten lives and property.

So, a fireline (or firebreak) is a cleared trail-like area used to slow it down and give firefighting personnel a foothold. A driptorch is a can of fuel used to actually light a fire at strategic locations in order to clear out a controlled area, thus taking some of the rage out of the inferno.

So, basically, we're all going to experience some eros now and then...some more than others, but a good match (ha ha) should be able to harness that energy in strategic burn sessions (Ohhh yeeeaah!) and make that inferno rage for them...!

Yup. Fireline or a drip torch, knowing the firefighting personnel and the one above that personnel was what I was referring to.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Fanny Crosby memorized five chapters of the Bible each week from age 10, with the encouragement of her grandmother and later Mrs. Hawley; by age 15, she had memorized the four gospels, the Pentateuch, the Book of Proverbs, the Song of Solomon, and many of the Psalms.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In describing the mode of dress appropriate for women in church, the apostle Paul exhorts them to dress "modestly" with "decency and propriety" then goes on to contrast immodest dress with the good deeds which are appropriate for those who profess to be true worshipers of God (1 Timothy 2:9–10). While the Bible only specifically addresses the need for women to dress modestly, the same teaching would apply to men in principle. Both men and women should bring glory to God in their manner of dress.

When our hearts are dedicated to the glory of God we can overcome intrusive desires and conquer lust. When we surrender to the LORD, our needs are met in a relationship with Him. We must "take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" (2 Cor 10:5) and allow the Holy Spirit to keep our thoughts where He wants them to be.

It helps to pray daily the words of Ps. 19:14: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." When our heart’s desire is to please God more than ourselves, we can keep lust at bay.

Yes, and this:

Romans 13:14
14Instead, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and make
no provision for the desires of the flesh.

I've been dwelling on this verse all week.

That word "provision"...giving opportunity...providing a way...supplying whatever is needed for...an encounter (let's say)

Like having a trained eye for the passing things of this world.

Don't do it.

Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yup. Fireline or a drip torch, knowing the firefighting personnel and the one above that personnel was what I was referring to.

We are the personnel...under The Fire Chief.

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, I don't think so. It's so much easier to be straight to the point.

I'm sorry you've had painful experiences that made it difficult to trust. I hope the Lord gives you peace and heals your wounds.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry you've had painful experiences that made it difficult to trust. I hope the Lord gives you peace and heals your wounds.

Well, thank you. And, in retrospect, when it comes to, well, basically everything that we do, I think it would be wise to read this, literally

[Mat 25:40 NKJV] 40 "... 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did [it] to one of the least of these My brethren, you did [it] to Me.'

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟454,265.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
..He grew up before Him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; He had no form or majesty that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him. Isaiah 53:2

I want to be like that if I can.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The video sounds like something straight out of Episode 1 of The Handmaid's Tale.

Will you Christians please stop all this sinning? :)

OB
Glad you took time to watch the video. The world wants us to drink the Kool-Aid, Jesus wants us to drink His living water. Before judgement day arrives, I hope you find the narrow gate mentioned in Matthew 7:14. Rather than deriving a personal theology from Hulu satire you can find the truth straight from God's Word, Holy Scripture. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Glad you took time to watch the video. The world wants us to drink the Kool-Aid, Jesus wants us to drink His living water. Before judgement day arrives, I hope you find the narrow gate mentioned in Matthew 7:14. Rather than deriving a personal theology from Hulu satire you can find the truth straight from God's Word, Holy Scripture. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

Thank you for the thought but as a long term atheist I'm pretty much immune to the preaching. I also find Christianity an unattractive religion although some Christians are reasonable, well-intentioned people.

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟995,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He has more women throwing themselves in his path than anyone I've known. But he owns his behavior. Fifteen years have passed and he's never blamed them. If he's lusting that's on him. If he's sins that's his choice. And he's an atheist!

Exactly.

And it's sad when an atheist realizes that before some Christ-believing men do.

Who am I to fall into any kind of sin and then yell at women "it's your fault for being pretty!" ?

.... By the way, Bella, please remove your avatar of the completely dressed woman who just so happens to have a slight "bedroom eyes" look to her expression. It's causing me to suffer dirty thoughts.:rolleyes:

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,420.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Speaking about how women dress, why as christians people should dress to 'modern' standard fashion though, specially when there is little 'coverage' like bikinis etc?, there is not some psicological pressure from society etc, even maybe something 'fleshy' about this or something?. Clothes got more 'provocative' through the years, is this from God in any way? we are not supposed to conform to the world.

• Useful
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,420.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't watched the video, but I have read Bella's summary list. To me it all sounds rather like blaming women for men's lust. And it's not too dissimilar from this.

Sure you can't blame women for man lust, but there is a common prhase applied to certain clothes: 'provocative clothes' and they do just that, it sure naturally provokes something alright if you are human.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust? - Sermon by Al Martin

Does how you dress honor God? Does how you dress cause men to stumble and lust? I pray this message will awaken some of you ladies consciences to the errors in your dress that is causing some of the little ones of the Lord to stumble.

A woman can lust just as much as a man. So it's all a moot point. This post is a little sexist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Sure you can't blame women for man lust, but there is a common prhase applied to certain clothes: 'provocative clothes' and they do just that, it sure naturally provokes something alright if you are human.

Provocative is in the mind. Get over it. Once an ankle was provocative. In some cultures the neck or even the arms are provocative. Different men are 'provoked' by different things.

If you lived where I live you'd be a wet mess every time you went to the supermarket with women (and men) of all ages shopping in next to nothing (including shoes). After a while you cease to notice.

As a male this is your problem. As a Christian if you stop looking for provocation to complain about you'll find that the provocation fades with familiarity.

OB

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,420.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Provocative is in the mind. Get over it. Once an ankle was provocative. In some cultures the neck or even the arms are provocative. Different men are 'provoked' by different things.

If you lived where I live you'd be a wet mess every time you went to the supermarket with women (and men) of all ages shopping in next to nothing (including shoes). After a while you cease to notice.

As a male this is your problem. As a Christian if you stop looking for provocation to complain about you'll find that the provocation fades with familiarity.

OB

They can wear what they want, i just have my opinion that for christians, is not recommended to wear provocative clothes. If God existed for you i am sure you would want to see if you are pleasing him in every way. And sexual immorality is a big topic in christianity because of its seriousness, and for many of great spiritual harm potential.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
And it's sad when an atheist realizes that before some Christ-believing men do.

Atheists don't have the tropes Christians carry. Your attractiveness is God's doing. My response is mine entirely. Some people prefer to foist their weakness on others instead of acknowledging their want to diddle inappropriately when they see a pretty girl. Blame is better than ownership.

If you swallow it you'll have a lot of shame, self-consciousness, and misplaced blame. I'm not letting anyone give me a complex I didn't have before they spoke. Own your sin.

.... By the way, Bella, please remove your avatar of the completely dressed woman who just so happens to have a slight "bedroom eyes" look to her expression. It's causing me to suffer dirty thoughts.:rolleyes:

Gosh, I'm running out of pictures. *laughs and smooches*

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟995,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gosh, I'm running out of pictures. *laughs and smooches*

*horrified gasp* Can't you see that your pretending to kiss me in good humor over the Internet is driving me to all demonic manners of lust, Miss Bella?!

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
*horrified gasp* Can't you see that your pretending to kiss me in good humor over the Internet is driving me to all demonic manners of lust, Miss Bella?!

Egads, that sounds familiar! :crosseo:

I can kiss you because you're safe, sane, and reasonable. You won't assume I'm in love with you, desire you, or another imaginary emotion. Gosh. :cool:

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0