Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust?

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟908,975.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Validating the Gospel in Modesty, full sermon audio, video, and transcript...

With a burdened heart, a bent knee, and an open Bible, Pastor Martin gives this earnest appeal to women for decided modesty of dress. The men, however, are not excluded in this message. Husbands and fathers are called upon to provide pro-active quality control for their wives and daughters. This earnest appeal includes:
  1. Ten magnets for men’s eyes.
  2. Specific directives for women.

I assume there’s also another sermon by him on how men should dress so as not to lead women into temptation and lust?

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟738,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That is the ideal way to look at a woman. But, we do not live in an ideal world.
True and every man must answer to his own conscience. I think someone else said it's harder for some and easier for others. Women also need to be cognizant of the fact that some men cannot or will not control themselves. So I always recommend women try and go out in groups so nobody can single them out.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟738,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
When you have options you spend less time fantasizing. You can have the real thing.

I've been in Christian settings. The women wouldn't appeal to my friends. They have a different standard. Their women are in shape or they're getting them there. They dress every day. They don't do frumpy, yoga pants, or sweats. They're feminine.

Most Christian men can't say the same. Your women are out of order. They don't yield to you. My friends don't play that. They choose women who follow them.

It took some time but I realized many women like a "strong man." Not someone whos wishy washy. Someone who knows what they want, who they are, that they are willing to work hard. Guys who are born leaders do very well.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It took some time but I realized many women like a "strong man." Not someone whos wishy washy. Someone who knows what they want, who they are, that they are willing to work hard. Guys who are born leaders do very well.

The number one reason a woman won't follow a man is weakness. If she feels you're weak she'll never respect you.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe both, but when the culture is in favor of "cutting off" males as though they deserve it, that's an obvious support for the structure.

There's no shortage. They're scaling up or opting out. Left behind is the elephant in the room. We're playing musical chairs and you know how that goes.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, I know there's a lot of mixing and matching that goes on in the culture. But I'm a numbers guy, and the numbers don't add up in favor of monogamy.

How'd you get there? The stratification doesn't promote polygamy. It's Darwinian. As long as the filter works what happens at the bottom is unimportant. The caste was already in place. You feel it in Christian circles because it's working.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I assume there’s also another sermon by him on how men should dress so as not to lead women into temptation and lust?

No. The sermon was written for his church in response to the problems they experienced. I posted snippets earlier.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I was younger, back then, the large numbers of single guys below 30 was alarming. What's worse is the large disparity of single women above 40.

Ayn Rand said, "There’s more than one way to skin a cat. The skinning isn’t important once you’ve broken its spine."

If you apply the remark to the decimation of your sex you'll understand the game. They're not after all men. Though the comments would lead you to believe so. They're after the ordinary man.

You get a double-edged sword. The pain of emasculation and lack on one end coupled with the rise and absence of adversity on the other. You see men thriving and suffering. That's intentional. It messes with your head and hastens unity.

As long as deservedness is on the table they'll pass each other by. Because they can do 'better'. If that's the case you wouldn't be alone. Better is a constant if you can attract that type. Otherwise, its false and you're deluding yourself.

The ones who struggle should be mating amongst themselves to solve the problem. But it rarely happens because of that (pointing upwards). Meanwhile, better's after better and so on.

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok this is going to strange places.

I look at the numbers, I observe culture. It concerns me.

Neither sex is being decimated, until we start altering genetic material. The natural distribution between the sexes is very close to 50/50. It's practically a constant. Without major and abrupt loss of life to upset that balance, imbalances among singles carry implications.

I'm aware of "the pain of emasculation" but fortunately it doesn't affect me as much as it would if I were an impressionable young man. I've studied it for a number of years, and I don't have any reason to think it's darwinian.

The Jews have a term, sinas chinam, or baseless hatred. In christian terms we might call this malice. Whatever it is, to me it looks like the people who enjoy inflicting the pain of emasculation are affected by a twisted perversion of heart. The only thing "darwininan" about that arrangement is that it is part of the fantasy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why not begin by explaining how it is not a threat?

If you've observed culture in the manner you attest I shouldn't have to explain it. Nor would you regard it as a threat. You've seen it play out in society.

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You've seen it play out in society.

Most of us have. If you ask me I think it's related to a number of cultural phenomena, our incarceration rate, and tragically, one of the driving forces behind our frequent mass killings.

The recipe looks something like this:
  1. Establish dominance (as a male). Reap the reward of an increased "SMV" as you call it.
  2. Humiliate and torture, sexually, especially young, impressionable males who are at a loss in this scenario -- both males and females play a part in this.
  3. This becomes a game where the prey is intentionally goaded into a compromising situation that can be used against them. Provoking killings may not be the intent, necessarily, but victims may see this as the only option to "strike back" at a certain point -- that's not to excuse the act.
  4. Secular feminism plays a part when it comes to demonizing the male sex so as to cover up the social and sexual games people are playing. It's not all feminism though. We've been criminalizing "excess" males in our culture for generations, with currently the worst incarceration rate in the world, and very easily comparable to Stalin's regime.
  5. Rinse, and repeat.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When in doubt, it can help to dress appropriately for the occasion. What a woman wears to the office probably won't be the same thing she wears to the beach, for instance. Also, there's a difference between looking pretty and acting seductive. Context and behavior will give men a better idea of your intentions. I don't think it's the clothes themselves that matter so much as what they communicate.

Beyond that, a man who wants to lust is going lust regardless of what a woman wears. It's not a her fault. She can't cause a man to lust, and she can't prevent him from lusting either. What goes on in his mind is ultimately his own responsibility.

Upvote 0