✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok.
Lets see how much you two know about the king of the north.Here is the first mention of such a king in this chapter.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/daniel/11-7.htm
http://biblehub.com/kjv/daniel/11-8.htm
In Daniel 11:7-8,it talks about one who would enter a fortress of the king of the north and prevail against them.It also says he will carry captives to Egypt,and that he would continue more years than the king of the north.

What events are these verses talking about and what does it mean by he continue more years than the king of the north?Who was the king of the north at that time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok.
Lets see how much you two know about the king of the north. ...

Could we possibly start with 10:1, and work through to the "first mention"? -- THAT'S the FULL CONTEXT!

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Go right ahead ....

Please explain how 1:21 says that Daniel DIED in the "first year of King Cyrus" given the following per Calvin:

Expositors are puzzled with this verse, because, as we shall afterwards see, the Vision occurred to Daniel in the third year of Cyrus’s reign. Some explain the word היה, haiah, by to be “broken;” but this is by no means in accordance with the history. Their opinion is right who say that Daniel continued to the first year of the reign of Cyrus in the discharge of the prophetic office, although expositors do not openly say so; but I state openly what they say obscurely. For since he afterwards set out into Media, they say this change is denoted here. But we may understand the words better in the sense of Daniel’s flourishing among the Chaldeans and Assyrians, and being acknowledged as a celebrated Prophet; because he is known to have interpreted King Belshszzar’s vision, on the very night on which he was slain. The word here is simple and complete — he was — but it depends on the succeeding ones, since he always obtained the confidence and authority of a Prophet with the kings of Babylon. This, then, is the true sense.

So clearly Calvin disregarded 1:21 in deference to 10:1. Aren't BOTH CORRECT. And IF SO, then HOW SO? Thus we must solve 10:1 to the SATISFACTION of 1:21 and with HISTORY!

Thanks,
DaDad

PS Daniel Chapters 10 & 11 are a continuous thought, and must be retained in their FULL CONTEXT.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please explain how 1:21 says that Daniel DIED in the "first year of King Cyrus" given the following per Calvin:

Expositors are puzzled with this verse, because, as we shall afterwards see, the Vision occurred to Daniel in the third year of Cyrus’s reign. Some explain the word היה, haiah, by to be “broken;” but this is by no means in accordance with the history. Their opinion is right who say that Daniel continued to the first year of the reign of Cyrus in the discharge of the prophetic office, although expositors do not openly say so; but I state openly what they say obscurely. For since he afterwards set out into Media, they say this change is denoted here. But we may understand the words better in the sense of Daniel’s flourishing among the Chaldeans and Assyrians, and being acknowledged as a celebrated Prophet; because he is known to have interpreted King Belshszzar’s vision, on the very night on which he was slain. The word here is simple and complete — he was — but it depends on the succeeding ones, since he always obtained the confidence and authority of a Prophet with the kings of Babylon. This, then, is the true sense.

So clearly Calvin disregarded 1:21 in deference to 10:1. Aren't BOTH CORRECT. And IF SO, then HOW SO? Thus we must solve 10:1 to the SATISFACTION of 1:21 and with HISTORY!

Thanks,
DaDad

PS Daniel Chapters 10 & 11 are a continuous thought, and must be retained in their FULL CONTEXT.

What does your question have to do with the topic(the king of the north)?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does your question have to do with the topic(the king of the north)?

Look, if you want to take Scripture out of context, then please do so. However, if you want to find out EXACTLY what GOD says, then do it in FULL CONTEXT, starting with 10:1 which MUST be reconciled with 1:21.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Look, if you want to take Scripture out of context, then please do so. However, if you want to find out EXACTLY what GOD says, then do it in FULL CONTEXT, starting with 10:1 which MUST be reconciled with 1:21.

Thanks,
DaDad

Im not taking the subject,(theking of the north) out of context.What does the question you put forth have to do with the subject the king of the north?

Please stay on topic

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im not taking the subject,(theking of the north) out of context. ...

You don't HAVE to know what Scripture ACTUALLY says! You can make up things out of thin air all you want. I'm merely suggesting that SCRIPTURE provides the TRUE fulfillment. But if you don't like SCRIPTURE then please sleep well.

Otherwise please start at 10:1, which provides a continuous thought for 11, -- and begin by reconciling 1:21 so that you know where 10:1 starts at.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You don't HAVE to know what Scripture ACTUALLY says! You can make up things out of thin air all you want. I'm merely suggesting that SCRIPTURE provides the TRUE fulfillment. But if you don't like SCRIPTURE then please sleep well.

Otherwise please start at 10:1, which provides a continuous thought for 11, -- and begin by reconciling 1:21 so that you know where 10:1 starts at.

Thanks,
DaDad

Im fine with watching scripture fulfill itself.You can do whatever your little heart desires but I ask you to stay on topic.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im fine with watching scripture fulfill itself.You can do whatever your little heart desires but I ask you to stay on topic.

TO GET TO THE "KING OF THE NORTH" YOU MUST START AT DANIEL 10:1. IF YOU DON"T START THERE, YOU WON'T GET TO THE "KING OF THE NORTH".

You may get to wherever your imagination leads, but it won't be to the TRUE King Of The North.

Perhaps you're like the builder who didn't mind the framing on up, but HATED making the foundation. It turns out all of his housed fell within years of being built. -- Therein lies the lesson.

DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always wonder , what is considered North ? North of what ?

Is it north of Jerusalem ? Like you go to Jerusalem get compass and see where the north is .
Or how do you determine where the King of the North is on sphere or even on flat earth ?

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
TO GET TO THE "KING OF THE NORTH" YOU MUST START AT DANIEL 10:1. IF YOU DON"T START THERE, YOU WON'T GET TO THE "KING OF THE NORTH".

You may get to wherever your imagination leads, but it won't be to the TRUE King Of The North.

Perhaps you're like the builder who didn't mind the framing on up, but HATED making the foundation. It turns out all of his housed fell within years of being built. -- Therein lies the lesson.

DaDad

Thats funny.I learned who the king of the north was by understanding the prophecies written about him as they were being fulfilled.
You go ahead and learn as you say you do and i will continue watching prophecy fulfilled.

No one "must" do things your way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Is it north of Jerusalem ? Like you go to Jerusalem get compass and see where the north is .
Or how do you determine where the King of the North is on sphere or even on flat earth ?

I've had people tellme the king if the north has to be north of Jerusalem but the bible doesnt say.
I've yet to have anyone convince me that theUSA isn't in North America. :)

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats funny.I learned who the king of the north was by understanding the prophecies written about him as they were being fulfilled. ...

I understand why you don't want to find out what Scripture says.

DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ummmm, there's "north", "south", and "east". They're simply with respect to each other.

Do you find it "coincidental" that we have THREE Superpowers, and THREE references?

Hmmmmm, there could be a "connection".

Thanks,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ummmm, there "north", "south", and "east". They're simply with respect to each other.

Do you find it "coincidental" that we have THREE Superpowers, and THREE references?

Hmmmmm, there could be a "connection".

... but WAIT, -- there's a FOURTH entity:

Daniel 11:45 And he shall pitch his palatial tents between the sea and the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, with none to help him.

... and we know that we not only have THREE Superpowers, but we ALSO have a UNITED NATIONS. And this One-World-Government will apparently relocate it's Headquarters to the Internationally Contested City (contested between the Jews and Palestinians) OF JERUSALEM.

Hmmmmm. Is this really possible. How can GOD know the Future BEFORE it actually happens? Nah, I can't believe anything in this Forum ...

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0