Jim Jordan Will Be The Next Speaker, Just Ask Kevin McCarthy's (CA) Close Ally In Elise Stephanik (NY)?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

House Speaker ElectionHouse Delays 3rd Vote After Jordan Fails Again

Jim Jordan, a hard-right Ohio Republican, couldn’t gain enough support from his party to become speaker. The House remains leaderless after two weeks of Republican infighting and will return Thursday, according to a person familiar with the plans.

They want to govern the country, but they can't even govern themselves.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Jim Jordan Pleads for Votes as Speaker Dream Collapses: 'Too Much at Stake'

I guess he could always go back to coaching, but given his role in that sexual abuse scandal, who would hire him?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

I guess he could always go back to coaching, but given his role in that sexual abuse scandal, who would hire him?
Apparently, he was not a very good coach. Sure, he was an elite wrestler, but a great wrestler does not necessarily become a good coach.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Apparently, he was not a very good coach. Sure, he was an elite wrestler, but a great wrestler does not necessarily become a good coach.
Apparently, he was a world-class pervert enabler.

Jim Jordan's Past Comes Back to Haunt Him as Ohio State Wrestlers Speak Out

Not surprisingly, he got Trump's enthusiastic endorsement. Birds of a feather.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You mean the sex scandal with Dr. Strauss that OSU had full knowledge of in 1979, that was roughly 9 years before Jim Jordan was employed at OSU in 1987

Big Smiles!

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jordan is skilled at what he does in a political role due to his debate prowess. But being a good debater isn't always synonymous with "being right"...you can win a debate while being wrong if you have enough prep time and your opponent doesn't, and it certainly isn't synonymous with having the plurality of support whoever the next speaker is going to need to have in order to get the gavel.

At this point in time, the GOP's best bet is to go with McHenry. McCarthy seems to be disinterested with winning the gavel back...Scalise failed, Jim Jordan failed 2 votes. Jeffries from the Democratic side is statistically unlikely to get over the hump being in the "not-in-power" party in the house.

McHenry seems to be someone who some members on both sides can tolerate. Given the disputes & infighting on the GOP side, "base level tolerance" may be the winning formula on this one.

Even if he does dress like Orville Redenbacher

1697675802761.png

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You mean the sex scandal with Dr. Strauss that OSU had full knowledge of in 1979, that was roughly 9 years before Jim Jordan was employed at OSU in 1987

Big Smiles!
The Ohio State University abuse scandal centered on allegations of sexual abuse that occurred between 1978 and 1998

Jordan was there in 1986, is roughly 8 years.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Big Smiles!
Whether or not the university was aware of what was going on is irrelevant - Jordan allegedly knew and did nothing while he was there.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Whether or not the university was aware of what was going on is irrelevant - Jordan allegedly knew and did nothing while he was there.
Doing nothing is kinda' Jordan's M.O.
He's been in Congress 16 years and hasn't had a single piece of legislation passed.

As for the OP video; she started by equating Jim Jordan with Biblical Esther. I don't think so. ymmv

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jim Jordan stated he didn't know, so there ya have it

It's nothing more than a political targeted witch hunt, with the investigation taking place in April 2018, in the peak of Jordan's service during the Trump administration,

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, I was talking about the one where the kids on his team were coming to him about being molested and he ignored it.

More Ohio State wrestlers say Rep. Jim Jordan knew about sexual abuse when he was coach

One wrestler said Jordan, a former assistant coach at Ohio State, took part in locker-room conversations where athletes discussed the abuse.
More former Ohio State University wrestlers have come forward to contradict Rep. Jim Jordan’s claim that he had no idea the wrestling team doctor was molesting athletes.

One of the wrestlers, Shawn Dailey, said he was groped half a dozen times by Dr. Richard Strauss in the mid-1990s, when Jordan was the assistant wrestling coach. Dailey said he was too embarrassed to report the abuse directly to Jordan at the time, but he said Jordan took part in conversations where Strauss' abuse of many other team members came up.

"I participated with Jimmy and the other wrestlers in locker-room talk about Strauss. We all did," Dailey, 43, told NBC News, referring to Jordan. "It was very common knowledge in the locker room that if you went to Dr. Strauss for anything, you would have to pull your pants down.”

Dailey spoke out two days after NBC News reported that three former wrestlers who were coached by Jordan more than two decades ago accused the GOP congressman of turning a blind eye to Strauss' alleged abuse and then lying about it. Jordan denied knowing anything about the abuse and continues to do so.

Dailey corroborated the account of one of those wrestlers, Dunyasha Yetts, who told NBC News that Yetts had protested to Jordan and head coach Russ Hellickson after Strauss tried to pull down his wrestling shorts when Yetts went to see him for a thumb injury.

"Dunyasha comes back and tells Jimmy, ‘Seriously, why do I have to pull down my pants for a thumb injury?’" Dailey recalled. "Jimmy said something to the extent of, ‘If he tried that with me, I would kill him.'"

Calling Jordan “a close friend,” Dailey said he is a Republican and that he contributed to the powerful Ohio congressman’s first political campaign for state representative in 1994.

“What happened drove me out of the sport,” said Dailey, a married father of two who works as a fundraiser for an Ohio college. “So I was surprised to hear Jim say that he knew nothing about it."

Hard to see how even a Jordan supporter admits that he knew about the molestations, if it isn't true that he did. It's not like the first time Jordan has been caught lying, is it?

• Wow
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I was talking about the one where the kids on his team were coming to him about being molested and he ignored it.

More Ohio State wrestlers say Rep. Jim Jordan knew about sexual abuse when he was coach

One wrestler said Jordan, a former assistant coach at Ohio State, took part in locker-room conversations where athletes discussed the abuse.
More former Ohio State University wrestlers have come forward to contradict Rep. Jim Jordan’s claim that he had no idea the wrestling team doctor was molesting athletes.

One of the wrestlers, Shawn Dailey, said he was groped half a dozen times by Dr. Richard Strauss in the mid-1990s, when Jordan was the assistant wrestling coach. Dailey said he was too embarrassed to report the abuse directly to Jordan at the time, but he said Jordan took part in conversations where Strauss' abuse of many other team members came up.

"I participated with Jimmy and the other wrestlers in locker-room talk about Strauss. We all did," Dailey, 43, told NBC News, referring to Jordan. "It was very common knowledge in the locker room that if you went to Dr. Strauss for anything, you would have to pull your pants down.”

Dailey spoke out two days after NBC News reported that three former wrestlers who were coached by Jordan more than two decades ago accused the GOP congressman of turning a blind eye to Strauss' alleged abuse and then lying about it. Jordan denied knowing anything about the abuse and continues to do so.

Dailey corroborated the account of one of those wrestlers, Dunyasha Yetts, who told NBC News that Yetts had protested to Jordan and head coach Russ Hellickson after Strauss tried to pull down his wrestling shorts when Yetts went to see him for a thumb injury.

"Dunyasha comes back and tells Jimmy, ‘Seriously, why do I have to pull down my pants for a thumb injury?’" Dailey recalled. "Jimmy said something to the extent of, ‘If he tried that with me, I would kill him.'"

Calling Jordan “a close friend,” Dailey said he is a Republican and that he contributed to the powerful Ohio congressman’s first political campaign for state representative in 1994.

“What happened drove me out of the sport,” said Dailey, a married father of two who works as a fundraiser for an Ohio college. “So I was surprised to hear Jim say that he knew nothing about it."

Hard to see how even a Jordan supporter admits that he knew about the molestations, if it isn't true that he did. It's not like the first time Jordan has been caught lying, is it?
You can post whatever you desire, the facts are they were (Adults) and OSU was fully aware of Dr.Strauss in 1979, and they permitted it

The (Adults) that encountered Strauss between 1978-1998 had the knowledge and availibity to contact the local policing authority if they felt they were being sexually abused and they didn't

The present claims against Jim Jordan are false, a political hit job, gold diggers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You can post whatever you desire,
Just the facts. Jordan was aware of the abuse of those students and chose to ignore it.
the facts are they were (Adults) and OSU was fully aware of Dr.Strauss in 1979, they permitted it
As you see, it's a fact that Jordan knew it was going on and did nothing. Telling us that other people did it too, is not an excuse for Jim Jordan doing it.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just the facts. Jordan was aware of the abuse of those students and chose to ignore it.

As you see, it's a fact that Jordan knew it was going on and did nothing. Telling us that other people did it too, is not an excuse for Jim Jordan doing it.
Jordan didn't know as you claim, it's a 30+ year after the fact, political hit job on Jordan and don't forget the $40 million gold digging expedition in paid claims

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You can post whatever you desire, the facts are they were (Adults) and OSU was fully aware of Dr.Strauss in 1979, and they permitted it

The (Adults) that encountered Strauss between 1978-1998 had the knowledge and availibity to contact the local policing authority if they felt they were being sexually abused and they didn't

The present claims against Jim Jordan are false, a political hit job, gold diggers
Wow. Sexual assault apologia was not on my radar for this thread.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jordan is skilled at what he does in a political role due to his debate prowess. But being a good debater isn't always synonymous with "being right"...you can win a debate while being wrong if you have enough prep time and your opponent doesn't, and it certainly isn't synonymous with having the plurality of support whoever the next speaker is going to need to have in order to get the gavel.

At this point in time, the GOP's best bet is to go with McHenry. McCarthy seems to be disinterested with winning the gavel back...Scalise failed, Jim Jordan failed 2 votes. Jeffries from the Democratic side is statistically unlikely to get over the hump being in the "not-in-power" party in the house.

McHenry seems to be someone who some members on both sides can tolerate. Given the disputes & infighting on the GOP side, "base level tolerance" may be the winning formula on this one.

Even if he does dress like Orville Redenbacher

View attachment 337947
The fun has just begun, Jordan will be the next speaker of the house, even if it takes 50 more votes to get there

I believe he garnished 199 votes, sounds like the "Majority" are in his favor as it stands, only 18 more votes to go, it won't be long

Upvote 0