Islam:Peaceful and Tolerant?

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
So I was right- you were never a Christian. You just fibbed.

I just told you I became a Muslim after leaving Christianity, there is no lie to be made in this claim.

Yes. Agreed.

Oh boy.

I accept the Judaic laws that pertain to me, a Jewish Christian. The historic events - even the tragic ones- are not laws. They are history.

They are stories.

I don't think you understand this, and the distinctions between history and law, prescription and description. This is why your attempt to place the two together is incorrect.

If god commanded it then it was a divine law and would be expunged until accomplished or given an end through the ceasing of the action.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Demonstrate why.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works & that the onus is on you to prove your claim.

But I'll be generous and quote part of my previous post:

Sanctions on Iraq in the 90's: 500,000 children under the age of 5 died due to non-Muslims. Madeleine Albright said that price (starving those children to death) was worth it (disgusting excuse for a human being).

War in Iraq starting from 2003 till now: anywhere between 100,000-700,000 dead due directly/indirectly to the Western invasion.

And this isn't getting into the severe birth defects (and miscarriages) caused by the depleted uranium that these foreign invaders used in Iraq. Or the effects of DU in adults. Or into Abu Ghraib. Or rapes.

Afghanistan: Who knows? None of the attacking nations care to keep a body count, that's how insignificant the Afghan dead are to them. But God knows and He is the Most Just.

Drone attacks in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen: Again, who knows? But of the 3,149 reported fatalities in Pakistan, less than 2% of the casualties are high-profile targets. The rest are civilians, children, or alleged militants (though their names are never given). More info here: Out of Sight, Out of Mind: A visualization of drone strikes in Pakistan since 2004

It IS the topic. Look at the top of this thread. You were the one derailing it into politics.

I was directly responding to a claim & why it's false. Go back to my initial post if you want.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works & that the onus is on you to prove your claim.

But I'll be generous and quote part of my previous post:

Sanctions on Iraq in the 90's: 500,000 children under the age of 5 died due to non-Muslims. Madeleine Albright said that price (starving those children to death) was worth it (disgusting excuse for a human being).

War in Iraq starting from 2003 till now: anywhere between 100,000-700,000 dead due directly/indirectly to the Western invasion.

And this isn't getting into the severe birth defects (and miscarriages) caused by the depleted uranium that these foreign invaders used in Iraq. Or the effects of DU in adults. Or into Abu Ghraib. Or rapes.

Afghanistan: Who knows? None of the attacking nations care to keep a body count, that's how insignificant the Afghan dead are to them. But God knows and He is the Most Just.

Drone attacks in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen: Again, who knows? But of the 3,149 reported fatalities in Pakistan, less than 2% of the casualties are high-profile targets. The rest are civilians, children, or alleged militants (though their names are never given). More info here: Out of Sight, Out of Mind: A visualization of drone strikes in Pakistan since 2004

Why are you posting these disputed figures twice? You've done this, address my last response to these and then move on.

...and what's the "crimes of the Evil Great Satan" USA got to do with proving that Islam is the religion of peace?

Surely if we got involved in bodycount politics there would be rivers of blood to sort through that Islam "directly or indirectly" is responsible for.

I was directly responding to a claim & why it's false. Go back to my initial post if you want.

Just accept the challenge. Prove, from the life, teachings and hadiths of and about Mohammed that your religion is the religion of peace. Then explain why its adherents seem to have such a hard time living in peace.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I left Islam it was common for Muslims to say I was never a Muslim because if I was a real Muslim I would have never left.

TheImmaculateSlaveOfGod said:
Was raised a Christian, and I can give you the Bible.

I just told you I became a Muslim after leaving Christianity, there is no lie to be made in this claim.

No you didn't.

Make up your mind, man!

If god commanded it then it was a divine law and would be expunged until accomplished or given an end through the ceasing of the action.

That sentence makes no sense. Perhaps your translator program is not working properly.

In any case, if you really were a Christian in the past, you were dreadfully educated in your religion, and you have no business quoting the Bible here. leave it to the faithful to do the intepreting, it is a dark book to the unsaved who read it without faith.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Why are you posting these disputed figures twice? You've done this, address my last response to these and then move on.

Move on? Please. We will never forget.

I posted them twice because it was terrorism* inflicted by non-Muslims on Muslims. But let me guess, that's not terrorism because it was not the other way around.

*I don't like using the word terrorism because it's such a vague term as mentioned previously. But I'm just using it here in the context that people use it for Muslims.

As for disputed figures, well,

"It's worth noting that on 60 Minutes, Albright made no attempt to deny the figure given by Stahl--a rough rendering of the preliminary estimate in a 1995 U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) report that 567,000 Iraqi children under the age of five had died as a result of the sanctions...."

That's when she said the price was worth it.

"Later, UNICEF came out with the first authoritative report (8/99), based on a survey of 24,000 households, suggesting that the total “excess” deaths of children under 5 was about 500,000."

‘We Think the Price Is Worth It’ — FAIR: Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting

...and what's the "crimes of the Evil Great Satan" USA got to do with proving that Islam is the religion of peace?
You said:

You have to admit, sooner or later, that Islam is the prime source of terrorism this century.

So citing non-Muslims' terrorist activities is a pretty good way to disprove your claim (not that the onus was on me anyways).

Surely if we got involved in bodycount politics there would be rivers of blood to sort through that Islam "directly or indirectly" is responsible for.
If Islaam is responsible for rivers of blood, then Christianity is responsible for oceans of blood.

Just accept the challenge. Prove, from the life, teachings and hadiths of and about Mohammed that your religion is the religion of peace. Then explain why its adherents seem to have such a hard time living in peace.
Again, you're changing the topic. P.S. I never said that Islaam was pacifist. It certainly brings peace to the land if properly followed due to the justice of Islaam. And it also brings peace to its followers in terms of the peace the faith gives to our hearts as well as the peace that Muslims will have in the Hereafter. But we DON'T say that Islaam is pacifist and not many Muslims claim that.

Now, please stop changing the topic.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I posted them twice because it was terrorism* inflicted by non-Muslims on Muslims. But let me guess, that's not terrorism because it was not the other way around.

I don't think your definition of terrorism is workable. That I hinted at. War crimes, sanctions etc are not terrorism. They are another things altogether.

I don't think you seem to understand that two wrongs don't make a right. Just because there is crime done by one side doesn't mean that we should excuse the crimes of others.

*I don't like using the word terrorism because it's such a vague term as mentioned previously. But I'm just using it here in the context that people use it for Muslims.

I think terrorism is a quite a useful word for homocides committed against soft or defenseless targets not organised or endorsed by a recognisable, accountable and prosecutable authority. eg. a government. So when a government bombs another country, like in a war, and innocents are killed, that government can be held accountable. However, when a bunch of thugs attack a shopping centre for a cause that they believe in, that is terrorism.

While that's not a perfect definition, it is workable.

I realize in your university that definitions are forever open to debate (post-modernism) but you gotta have an umpire before you blow the whistle.

So citing non-Muslims' terrorist activities is a pretty good way to disprove your claim (not that the onus was on me anyways).

So, you honestly think that Islam is not the religion/culture most associated with terrorism this century?

What planet do you live on?

If Islaam is responsible for rivers of blood, then Christianity is responsible for oceans of blood.

I could ask you to prove that, and I would dispute it, but from a purely secular point of view I will allow it. So: Not since the 1600s. 400 years now or very little aggression and war fought in the Name of Christ. Islam started in violence, and continues in violence.

Again, you're changing the topic. P.S. I never said that Islaam was pacifist. It certainly brings peace to the land if properly followed due to the justice of Islaam.

...just like communism brings peace and order, and Nazism, and any other ism. Conformity always brings order and peace- but it's a human order and peace and as such is skin deep.

And it also brings peace to its followers in terms of the peace the faith gives to our hearts as well as the peace that Muslims will have in the Hereafter. But we DON'T say that Islaam is pacifist and not many Muslims claim that.

So, it is a religion of peace- only when it has subdued all other religions and all are under it's rule.

That's Imperialism. Pure and simple. Since the start, Islam is about Arab political and cultural imperialism.

You say that a lot, but I'm just trying to keep to the OP of the thread. You bring in bodycount politics, massacre equivocation and all those other rabbit trails. Stick to it.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Muhammad waged war initially on the pagans who threw him out of Mecca and persecuted his followers. He waged wars also with some Jewish tribes who supported them. He did massacre POWs from the Banu Qurayzah tribe and took their women and children as prisoners. He did at the same time forbid his men from killing women and children intentionally, although, like the US Army, he did believe in "collateral damage", saying it is OK to attack a place with civilians if there are also military targets there. I hope you are as much opposed to your armed forces as you are to him, since they have killed far more people than he did, many of them innocent civilians.

Muhammad did at one point threaten to attack 2 Omani leaders if they did not convert to Islam. I am unaware of any other instances when he waged or threatened to wage aggressive war.

Muhammad married a 6 year old girl and slept with her, although we do not know how old she was when they had sex. Some say when she was a child, others say when she was more than 18. Marrying a child and having sex with a child is perverted and wrong in light of what we know about child development, sure. It was also what societies did back then. Does that make Muhammad marrying Aisha at such a young age OK? No. Does it make him worse than others of his time? Also no.

I am not arguing that Islam is a "religion of peace". It isn't. It is neither pacifist nor does it offer the path to true peace, which can only be found in Jesus Christ.

However, it is also not a religion of terrorism, as some absurdly suggest.
Indeed.....

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I don't think your definition of terrorism is workable. That I hinted at. War crimes, sanctions etc are not terrorism. They are another things altogether.

I don't think you seem to understand that two wrongs don't make a right. Just because there is crime done by one side doesn't mean that we should excuse the crimes of others.

Why do you get to decide what terrorism is? Tell the victims of war crimes and sanctions that what they went through is not terrorism. Because they'd beg to differ.

I think terrorism is a quite a useful word for homocides committed against soft or defenseless targets not organised or endorsed by a recognisable, accountable and prosecutable authority. eg. a government. So when a government bombs another country, like in a war, and innocents are killed, that government can be held accountable. However, when a bunch of thugs attack a shopping centre for a cause that they believe in, that is terrorism.

In other words, being in a suit and a tie & calling yourself president means that you will never be practically/realistically guilty of terrorism even though they otherwise fit the definition of it.

While that's not a perfect definition, it is workable.

Not really, because you then excuse all of the terrorist activities of governments by saying it's not really terrorism.

I realize in your university that definitions are forever open to debate (post-modernism) but you gotta have an umpire before you blow the whistle.

And the umpire is a person of your choosing/mindset? No thank you.

So, you honestly think that Islam is not the religion/culture most associated with terrorism this century?

Yes.

What planet do you live on?

The planet that does not ignore what has happened to the Muslims at the hands of non-Muslims. You?

I could ask you to prove that, and I would dispute it, but from a purely secular point of view I will allow it. So: Not since the 1600s. 400 years now or very little aggression and war fought in the Name of Christ. Islam started in violence, and continues in violence.

It's easily proven from your own Bible. Anyways.

Thankfully, Islaam has guidelines of war. If only Christianity had such practical & moral guidelines, maybe they wouldn't have been so ruthless throughout history.

...just like communism brings peace and order, and Nazism, and any other ism. Conformity always brings order and peace- but it's a human order and peace and as such is skin deep.

No, neither communism nor Nazism have brought any order & peace for a long period of time.

When Muslims have ruled by Islaam & it was the law of the land for long periods of time, people of other religions have prospered. You'll be hard-pressed to give me an example of the same regarding religious Christians/Jews (or religious anythings) who have ruled by their laws.

So, it is a religion of peace- only when it has subdued all other religions and all are under it's rule.

That's Imperialism. Pure and simple. Since the start, Islam is about Arab political and cultural imperialism.

No, Islaam is about spreading the truth to all corners of the earth. Islaam is about submission to God.

You say that a lot, but I'm just trying to keep to the OP of the thread. You bring in bodycount politics, massacre equivocation and all those other rabbit trails. Stick to it.

You're the one who quoted my post that was in response to someone else. And I was directly responding to a portion of their post (so my post was relevant).

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Ummmmmmm, no. I say that all Islaamic lands are the most just of all. I do not say that any exist today, unfortunately. .

I am sorry, but this is utter nonsense, the most just of all is a barefaced lie or being completely deluding!

All you do is compare Islamic societies of the past to the societies of medeval Europe. So all you've got is a period where Islam was "more tolerant" than western Christendom.

The same trappings were all there during the days of the Caliph, executing those who leave Islam or publically disagree with it, Islamic society was the "most Just" for those who are serious about Islam. not for Christians and others.

Yet in modern western society, Muslims are free to spead there faith and garnish converts to it, your Islamic societies never offered freedom for those to change faith (unless becoming Muslim)

Also for the record, Shamanist Mongolian society was more tolerant than Islamic society, the Roman Empire had long peroids of tolerance aswell, Chinese society too.

Even some western medaval societes had periods of tolerance, like King Roger of Sicily.

So your claims of Islamic society being the most "just" is down to cherry picking, personal opinion and compairing it to the violent medavel west.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Not really.

And whatever you may say, this shows that despite the West's claims that they champion human rights and everyone is equal, Muslims are not considered equally. End of discussion.

"End of discussion", huh?

I am sorry, but "Not really", you can actually sit there and pretend Muslims are treated worse than non-Muslims in Islamic lands?

The laws in Islamic lands show that your claims of "tolerance" are at best a laugh. Over and over again I ask the same thing, where are people being arrested in the west for just converting to Islam, you know an actual law that stops people converting?

You lot really are hypocrites.

You see nothing wrong with your more oppressive rules over non-Muslims, but than actually have the audacity to claim your treated worse than anybody else?

You have no right to say "End of discussion" to simply hide away from your glaringly hypocritical claims.

Muslims lands being worse than western lands for personal freedoms is the real "Discussion ender" as the facts support it, while yours is largely unfounded claims and hearsay, while Islamic codes of law in many Muslims nations actually have it written into it, for all to see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quite to the contrary, [Islam] is a religion of terrorism.

Sigh.

The Big Lie Technique again.

The vast majority of Muslims are fully peace-loving and tolerant, unlike the small, rabid minority that give Islam its bad name.

Bruce

Upvote 0

wn123455

Sep 14, 2013
✟16,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As for disputed figures, well,

"It's worth noting that on 60 Minutes, Albright made no attempt to deny the figure given by Stahl--a rough rendering of the preliminary estimate in a 1995 U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) report that 567,000 Iraqi children under the age of five had died as a result of the sanctions...."

That's when she said the price was worth it.

"Later, UNICEF came out with the first authoritative report (8/99), based on a survey of 24,000 households, suggesting that the total “excess” deaths of children under 5 was about 500,000."

‘We Think the Price Is Worth It’ — FAIR: Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting

You said:

You have to admit, sooner or later, that Islam is the prime source of terrorism this century.

Again, you're changing the topic. P.S. I never said that Islaam was pacifist. It certainly brings peace to the land if properly followed due to the justice of Islaam. And it also brings peace to its followers in terms of the peace the faith gives to our hearts as well as the peace that Muslims will have in the Hereafter. But we DON'T say that Islaam is pacifist and not many Muslims claim that.

Funny how you can say Christianity is responsible for oceans of blood and not get any warnings/infractions when I made a statement about Muhammad's death I got a warning.

Upvote 0

Deacon Don

Oct 25, 2013
✟15,497.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Funny how you can say Christianity is responsible for oceans of blood
and not get any warnings/infractions when w I made a statement about
Muhammad's death I got a warning.
There's a lot of animosity against Christianity and many will say
anything, including blatant lies and misrepresentation, in order
to discredit us.

I find it incomprehensible how a group of people can denigrate a
religion who's founder was 100% peaceful and do everything they
can to deify a religion who's founder was a lying murderer demanded
forced conversions and was a pedophile.

It doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
No you didn't.

Make up your mind, man!

Being born into a Christian family does not make me immune to conversion. I became a Muslim at some point which is obvious. Christian then Muslims then Deist(With pagan flavorings).

That sentence makes no sense. Perhaps your translator program is not working properly.

English is the only language I speak fluently in :doh:.

In any case, if you really were a Christian in the past, you were dreadfully educated in your religion, and you have no business quoting the Bible here. leave it to the faithful to do the intepreting, it is a dark book to the unsaved who read it without faith.

You misspelled "interpreting". What happened to your translator? ^_^

You also say that the Bible must be interpreted. Does Yahweh not speak in a clear an audible language? :confused:

Upvote 0

Deacon Don

Oct 25, 2013
✟15,497.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Being born into a Christian family does not make me immune to
conversion...
Correct. Nor does it make one a Christian. Becoming a Christian
is a conscience decision one has to make on their own. Nobody
can make someone become a Christian.

Mohammad apparently decided that he could force people to
become practitioners of that "religion of peace. Apparently all
a person had to do was agree or have his head chopped off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Being born into a Christian family does not make me immune to conversion. I became a Muslim at some point which is obvious. Christian then Muslims then Deist(With pagan flavorings).

....so, you don't know what you believe yet. OK.

English is the only language I speak fluently in :doh:.

That's bad grammar too. You shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition, unless the reason is compelling and the sentence remains clear. Your last attempt to make a statement was terrible. That's two bad grammar strikes.

[qquote]You misspelled "interpreting". What happened to your translator? ^_^[/quote]

Yeah, typo.

You also say that the Bible must be interpreted. Does Yahweh not speak in a clear an audible language? :confused:

He speaks clearly, but He speaks also in a manner that not all comprehend. (Mark 4:9-12)I don't have a problem with that.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you get to decide what terrorism is? Tell the victims of war crimes and sanctions that what they went through is not terrorism. Because they'd beg to differ.

In other words, being in a suit and a tie & calling yourself president means that you will never be practically/realistically guilty of terrorism even though they otherwise fit the definition of it.

I reckon you show signs of radical Islam in your apologetics. You're not cogent or logical, or fair to other religions.

Why is it that only Muslims can play the victim card? How about the people that are victims of Islam? How about the 10s of 1000s of Christians, Hindus and Buddhists that this very day are being driven from their homes by Muslims? Every been to Voice of the Martyrs ? Click on a Muslim country and tell us all how rosy it is for Christians in those countries.

Furthermore, you look quite the hypocrite. I happen to be a minister in a largely Muslim enclave of my city. I know a few Muslims, have baptised a couple too. I know their stories. Unlike you, they aren't belly-aching about how evil the west is. In fact, they left their countries to enjoy the freedom and peace of this little "Christian" country of ours. They use all of the Western things in life- cars, computers, software, television, music (not just nafsheed, but music with instruments) They get to vote too. Plus, most of them support our participation in the war in Afghanistan, because of lot of them are Afghans who were driven out by Muslim Islamists- the Taliban (who's arguments you propogate on this very forum!) There's also people in my neighbourhood who want our government to be more involved in Syria.

A lot of the Muslims in my area also come from Bosnia. They appreciate the efforts of NATO and the US in particular to come to the "aid of the Muslims against the Christians" during the war with Serbia.

One Iranian we baptized recently gave me a list of good things Christians have done for Muslims and Muslim countries when he first approached us to find out about the Good News of Jesus Christ.

So.....what's your beef? You take sides in politics, engage in hyperbole and exaggerated rhetoric, find inflated and disputed figures and deem them indisputable but only in defense of "Muslims". What's with that? You live a privileged life in a country based on non-Islamic values, and yet you defend people that murder in shopping centres because the West is apparently bad?

Move!

Not really, because you then excuse all of the terrorist activities of governments by saying it's not really terrorism.

Not at all. But at least I don't try to empty the word "terrorism" of meaning. I don't have an agenda that requires that. You do.

The planet that does not ignore what has happened to the Muslims at the hands of non-Muslims. You?

I want you to stop ignoring the violence done to Muslims BY Muslims as well as the violence done to non-Muslims BY Muslims because of their religion.

As one person observed- history has a pattern in Islam. They move in, first they subdue the Jews, then the Christians, and then they turn on each other for not being Muslim enough.

Thankfully, Islaam has guidelines of war. If only Christianity had such practical & moral guidelines, maybe they wouldn't have been so ruthless throughout history.

You should study Christian theology before you make a dumb statement like that!

No, neither communism nor Nazism have brought any order & peace for a long period of time.

Nor has Islam. You just proved my point well.

When Muslims have ruled by Islaam & it was the law of the land for long periods of time, people of other religions have prospered. You'll be hard-pressed to give me an example of the same regarding religious Christians/Jews (or religious anythings) who have ruled by their laws.

Hard pressed?

Here.Here.Here.Here.

and...

Here. Here.

No, Islaam is about spreading the truth to all corners of the earth. Islaam is about submission to God.

Really? It's not about Arab Imperialism?

Then why do you have to learn Arabic? Why can you only pray in Arabic, only refer to God in Arabic? Why do you have to make a pilgrimage to Arabia? Pray towards Arabia? Why does the culture encouage one to dress in the Arabian manner? Why did the religion spread militarily from Arabia? Why did countries attacked and conquered by Muslims (eg Greece, Afghanistan) have to endure centuries of cultural and linguistic oppression? Why did they come with swords if they just wanted to spread the word?

Imperialism! Then and now!

(And I know you will say "but Christians did it too". My response is that a) it was a thing of the past and b) pretty much every Christian knows it was against the religion. Some, devout and loyal Christians were always pacifists)

Upvote 0

dazed

Jun 21, 2011
✟17,651.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Muhammad waged war initially on the pagans who threw him out of Mecca and persecuted his followers. He waged wars also with some Jewish tribes who supported them. He did massacre POWs from the Banu Qurayzah tribe and took their women and children as prisoners. He did at the same time forbid his men from killing women and children intentionally, although, like the US Army, he did believe in "collateral damage", saying it is OK to attack a place with civilians if there are also military targets there. I hope you are as much opposed to your armed forces as you are to him, since they have killed far more people than he did, many of them innocent civilians.

Muhammad did at one point threaten to attack 2 Omani leaders if they did not convert to Islam. I am unaware of any other instances when he waged or threatened to wage aggressive war.

Muhammad married a 6 year old girl and slept with her, although we do not know how old she was when they had sex. Some say when she was a child, others say when she was more than 18. Marrying a child and having sex with a child is perverted and wrong in light of what we know about child development, sure. It was also what societies did back then. Does that make Muhammad marrying Aisha at such a young age OK? No. Does it make him worse than others of his time? Also no.

I am not arguing that Islam is a "religion of peace". It isn't. It is neither pacifist nor does it offer the path to true peace, which can only be found in Jesus Christ.

However, it is also not a religion of terrorism, as some absurdly suggest.

About the vomiting thing, if it is happening on a regular basis, you should maybe see a doctor. Hopefully it doesn't happen after every time you eat, it may be a case of bulimia. I wish you all the best in your health struggles.

Does the Koran or any of the hadiths said these atrocities were a one time thing? i.e. Mohammad did it because it was an extraordinary circumstance but you, Muslims, shouldn't do it. Case in point, Muslims cannot have more than 4 wives at the same time but Mo could.

Muslims are suppose to "What would Mohammad, pbuh, do?".

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
....so, you don't know what you believe yet. OK.

Are you one of those people who've always had the same belief system their entire life with absolutely ZERO change because, ya know, change and examination is evil?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I reckon you show signs of radical Islam in your apologetics. You're not cogent or logical, or fair to other religions.

How exactly was this a reasonable response to:

Why is it that only Muslims can play the victim card? How about the people that are victims of Islam? How about the 10s of 1000s of Christians, Hindus and Buddhists that this very day are being driven from their homes by Muslims? Every been to Voice of the Martyrs ? Click on a Muslim country and tell us all how rosy it is for Christians in those countries.
Tell us how rosy it is for the Muslims in Buddhist Burma (the ethnic minority Muslims are deemed one of the most persecuted minorities in the world by the UN), for the Muslims who were killed by the Hindus in Kashmir & Gujurat, and the Muslims who are persecuted everywhere at the hands of Christians (Serbia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Iraq, etc).

Furthermore, you look quite the hypocrite. I happen to be a minister in a largely Muslim enclave of my city.
May Allaah protect the Muslims from you and all others who try to remove us from God's religion. Ameen.

I know a few Muslims, have baptised a couple too. I know their stories. Unlike you, they aren't belly-aching about how evil the west is. In fact, they left their countries to enjoy the freedom and peace of this little "Christian" country of ours.
Ask them how they feel about the wars in Iraq, the drone strikes in Muslim countries, about America's support of Israel (including through the money that is used for the Israeli military), about Guantanamo Bay, about the Patriot Act, about the NDAA, etc.

I have a feeling they'd tell you how evil those things are. If they don't care about any of these things, well, I wouldn't know what to tell them since the Messenger of God, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), said,

“The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever.” [Muslim]

They use all of the Western things in life- cars, computers, software, television, music (not just nafsheed, but music with instruments) They get to vote too.
*nasheed. It's too bad that they listen to musical instruments. Maybe they don't know it's forbidden in Islaam.

As for the rest, you do know that these things exist in other countries, too, right?

Plus, most of them support our participation in the war in Afghanistan, because of lot of them are Afghans who were driven out by Muslim Islamists- the Taliban (who's arguments you propogate on this very forum!) There's also people in my neighbourhood who want our government to be more involved in Syria.
And I have the exact opposite experience with Afghans and the Pathan. Not a single one of them agreed with the war and were actually some of the more outspoken ones regarding it.

I'd guess that those Afghans you speak of were/are supporters of the Northern Alliance and are more nationalist than religious. I'm sure that drug lords were happy with the invasion since opium production has flourished since 2002. Same goes for those who supported & wanted the practice of bacha bazi to continue.

As for Syria, I also know lots of Muslims who want the US to intervene in Syria. I also know lots who don't want the US going in. I understand both of their positions.

I am somewhat 'relieved' that America hasn't helped, though (not that I'm happy that the nations throughout the world, in general, are not doing all that much). It's forcing the Muslims to totally depend on Allaah for victory and help. Not that other oppressed Muslims don't already, but there's something about Syria that just seems special.

As a side note, major props to Sweden. Taking in Syrian refugees was an amazing act on their part. My respect for them has gone up. And IKEA too.

A lot of the Muslims in my area also come from Bosnia. They appreciate the efforts of NATO and the US in particular to come to the "aid of the Muslims against the Christians" during the war with Serbia.
As do I, though I do believe it was too little, too late. Also, a lot of things were questionable, such as imposing an arms embargo so that the Bosnians couldn't defend themselves, the Dutch essentially standing around in an area that was supposed to be under the protection of the UN watching while the Serbs slaughtered the Bosnians, not putting sufficient troops on the ground all the while promising the Bosnians that they are safe (if the Dutch excuse is that there weren't enough people to realistically prevent the slaughter of the Bosnians), not even returning the weapons to the Bosnians in that UN protected area so they could defend themselves, trading Bosnians with the Serbs in return for Dutch hostages (and these Bosnians were later killed), not approving of air strikes until after the massacre (and getting the forms mixed up), etc.

One Iranian we baptized recently gave me a list of good things Christians have done for Muslims and Muslim countries when he first approached us to find out about the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Ok....?

So.....what's your beef? You take sides in politics, engage in hyperbole and exaggerated rhetoric, find inflated and disputed figures and deem them indisputable but only in defense of "Muslims". What's with that? You live a privileged life in a country based on non-Islamic values, and yet you defend people that murder in shopping centres because the West is apparently bad?
1.) My beef is with the claim that Muslims in the West enjoy the same rights & freedoms that our non-Muslim counterparts enjoy. This is absolutely not true.

2.) Don't most people take sides in politics in at least one issue?

3.) Inflated & disputed numbers? You can certainly believe that, but I posted those numbers based on what the UN initially said & what UNICEF reiterated. It speaks volumes that Albright didn't even attempt to deny the figure when confronted with the issue on 60 Minutes. If it was false, wouldn't that be her first line of defense? And it's not like 100,000 infants/toddlers/preschoolers dead due to sanctions is much better.

4.) When have I ever defended murders in shopping centers?

Again, my only two options are not to stay silent & don't criticize or leave.

Not at all. But at least I don't try to empty the word "terrorism" of meaning. I don't have an agenda that requires that. You do.
Then apply it across the board and do not excuse the terror of non-Muslims (including governments). Otherwise it seems that you're the one with the agenda (of trying to pin the term on almost exclusively Muslims).

I want you to stop ignoring the violence done to Muslims BY Muslims as well as the violence done to non-Muslims BY Muslims because of their religion.
I don't.

As one person observed- history has a pattern in Islam. They move in, first they subdue the Jews, then the Christians, and then they turn on each other for not being Muslim enough.
And why should I care about the observations of this person?

You should study Christian theology before you make a dumb statement like that!
Like I said, it doesn't offer practical guidelines. Complete pacifism is not practical.

Hard pressed?

Here.Here.Here.Here.

and...

Here. Here.
One State Solution: A Historical Perspective

The Status of Non-Muslims In the Islamic State

Last edited:
Upvote 0